Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerenzorenzo
Stranger
GUYS I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP
    #2452191 - 03/19/04 06:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I posted a different topic but nothings gotten better. I'm still having a bad experience. The other night I was petrified by the experience and I'm still suffering a terrible anxiety. I can't eat, and sleeping his hard. Thinking about the experience is horrible. I'm scared more than anything that I won't start feeling better about what happened. Should I take things easy, relax, or what? I couldn't sleep because I thought I was going crazy, I finally more or less let the experience creep off, and now I'm scared to experience anything similar. Has this happened to anyone? My girlfriend is now supportive and I just want to feel better. When I think I wont feel better I get scared. Now what?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: GUYS I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP [Re: renzorenzo]
    #2452198 - 03/19/04 06:30 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

well, what kind of experience did you have? Is it coming to grips with the experience that makes it hard?

I find that facing your fear is the first step to letting it go. You cant hide it in the back of your subconcious, but having someone to be there and be supportive can be very helpful. Maybe talking about what exactly happened might help sort out what it is that is actually bothering you.

--------------------
What?

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #2452206 - 03/19/04 06:33 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

What happened? Maybe give us a link to your origional post or something so we can read what happened. Then maybe someone can try helping you better.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#2452785 - 03/19/04 09:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=support&Number=2442378&Forum=
Sounds like you had a really rough time.
I've never had as strong a bad reaction as you seem to have.

I don't know what to say, except to pay attention to breathing deep and slow when your mind starts to wander onto what happened. Just do the things you normally do, pretend its all normal. Hopefully, with time you might get some perspective on your experience, be able to integrate it. It sounds like you're still a bit tense to do that now though, so its best just to get back to your life.
You may even eventually find it possible to trip again - just leave it alone for now, though.

Edited by phi1618 (03/19/04 09:51 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2452798 - 03/19/04 10:00 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I know its hard but maybe you should try to focus on only the positive, man.  You're not scarred for life; you just had a hard experience and now you're moving onward.  What you're experiencing is all part of the healing process, and its okay to feel scared or confused about things.  But try to just let the past be the past.  You have the future now to look forward to, so dig your heels in, furrow your brow and entrench yourself in the positive.  :smile:

If I were you, I would rent a feel-good movie, make myself some hot chocolate and watch it, or maybe read a good book under the glow of a scented candle.  Have your girlfriend give you an oil massage or give you a warm bubble bath.  Do something you know you enjoy or love doing.  Pamper yourself and surround yourself with nice and comforting things.  You can get through this, man.  I know you can.  :thumbup:  Just keep looking forward. 

:heart:

*me*

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2452963 - 03/19/04 11:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, they're all right.

My girlfriend had her first two trips be REALLY BAD - like wondering what the world is and is she going insane forever bad.
The second time, it took her a few days to shake it off -- we did just like Elle suggests here - talked it through, focused on positive things, appreciated life.  You'll break free :smile:

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: GUYS I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP [Re: phi1618]
    #2453614 - 03/20/04 07:08 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

phi1618 said:
Just do the things you normally do, pretend its all normal. Hopefully, with time you might get some perspective on your experience, be able to integrate it.

This is the best advice I've seen here. A bad trip can be a very hard thing to get over. I was in the same boat the first time I tried mushrooms...

I dosed WAY too much and had a horrible experience filled with paranoia and depression. I couldn't get the trip off my mind. It seemed to consume me. I swore I would never put myself through that again. It was a traumatizing experience and I didn't touch shrooms for a long time.

After about a week or two things got better. I learned how to channel all the extra energy caused by the trip into vigorous reading. I found reading to be very soothing because it enabled my mind to stop dwelling on the past and get on with life. Maybe you should get a good book.

Hang in there. It'll get better(Heck, someday you'll look back and laugh about the situation, I still chuckle when I think about my first one, "Stymee, what a freaking idiot you were eating so many shrooms going on a level 4 or 5 trip straight out of the gate!"

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2453929 - 03/20/04 12:15 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Just know confusion is the first step to understanidng, good luck man!

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Offlinerenzorenzo
Stranger
Re: GUYS I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP [Re: filthysock]
    #2460270 - 03/22/04 03:21 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hey I'm back.

I just saw a lot of negative things. Right now I'm feeling bouts of anxiety and stuff when it comes to work, school and other things. I'm trying to move on and it can be difficult. I've had some good moments, but everytime I seem to fall asleep I get that scared impulse back on my mind.

I'm certainly never going to do it again, I know that. I had a way too intense experience. I'm going to quit one of my jobs and focus on the other, school a bit, and my girlfriend. I get into periods of frustration and being scared. Like I'm in a hole. When I can escape I can eat and feel better, but once I escape, I fall asleep and feel it again. Everyone I know is supportive, but I have a very thoughtful and dwelling personality and I'm still finding things hard. You've all bounced back, so I should too right? It's almost been a week now, and meh I can get scared. I'll try reading some.

I find after I talk to someone new, they rekindle a feeling of hope. I sleep, I lose it. I'm going to go see my doctor about anxiety medication tomorrow..but thinking that I have to do that makes me scared. I will be fine eventually, right?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2460325 - 03/22/04 03:41 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

renzorenzo said:
I will be fine eventually, right?

Just keep moving forward man.  :smile:  Good luck  :thumbup:

OfflineYossarian
Stranger

Loc: High on a mountain top
    #2461290 - 03/22/04 08:18 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You will be fine, eventually. You are already on the right track, you just have to keep living right and outlive that memory.

I think some people place so much personal meaning on the psychedelic experience that it makes a bad trip seem that much worse. You hear a lot of people preaching about how shrooms can unlock your subconcious mind and teach you the true nature of reality, yourself, etc. That type of belief system can make a bad trip seem deeply disturbing.

The way you felt when you had that experience, was not the real you. It was just the way you felt at a particular time on a particular drug. This has happened to a lot of people, if you don't like shrooms, remember you are in the majority.

I wish I could say something to make you feel better right away, but these things just take time. After a while, you won't be able to remember exactly how it felt or what make it so bad.

Let me know how it goes. Feel free to PM me.

--------------------
You might be a redneck if..........

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #2462784 - 03/23/04 04:21 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

fear is a veil to whats really there and your mind can get in the way and really keep you from simply being.
Remember that!
also tripping isn't real. It may give good insights or perspectives (in your case negative ones) but otherwise its "window shopping"

I strongly recommend meditating, clearing your mind and letting the thought/bad memories go.

I once did something so horrible and embarassing (i made a post in here about it) that i couldn't get "over" it and kept dwelling on it. the key things that helped let it go for me was exactly what youre doing which is talking about it and letting time pass and then its just something awful that happened a long time ago. You'll be fine in no time :smile:

I might even suggest talking to someone you really trust (even someone online, that tends to be easier for me) about the specific bad experiences you had or what you thought, that might help get over it quicker. Having it out in the open standing there helps you delete it.

Good luck  :heart:

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being