Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Cactus alkaloids
    #2450647 - 03/19/04 04:35 AM (20 years, 14 days ago)

I have an idea for the preparation of san pedro.

After removing the spines and tuff outer green, the remaining cactus is put in a blender.

After being blended, some lemon juice or citric acid is added, along with water to aid the extraction.

This water/acid/cacti mix is then boiled for half an hour.

This is where I had an idea, instead of drinking as a tea, would it be possible to strain the liquid from the solid (the liquid hopefully containing 90%+ of the alkaloids) and then boil down the remaining liquid to a powder.

As the solids have been filtered their shouldn't be that much powder there, will this still contain most of the alkaloids or would the heat involved break them down?

I did post this in other drugs but I think it will get more intelligent responses here, sorry for the double post!

I don't want crystal's as I am not prepared to obtain and work with the chemicals involved. This seems to me like a simple way of increase the strength to weight ratio.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Cactus alkaloids [Re: Ego Death]
    #2452094 - 03/19/04 04:01 PM (20 years, 13 days ago)

You are going to have one hell of a time straining the liquid from that cactus snot.

This is a better way to do it if you can get dried cactus or can dry it yourself.

My Method
Here's how it goes.

1) Powderize some dried peruvian torch. The finer it is ground the better.

2) Soak powder in 190 proof alcohol for 2-3 days or more. Shake every now and then. Just whenever you think about it. Let sit in a warm place in a sealed container.

3) Filter off the alcohol and save it. Then add more alcohol to the cactus powder and repeat the soaking step. You can do this as many times as you want but I believe that three times is all it takes. Start letting the alcohol from the first batch evaporate while you are doing subsequent new extractions.

4) Once you have filtered off all of the alcohol combine all of the batches and throw away the remains of the cactus. It no longer contains the mescaline. (I now have reason to believe that this may not be true. You may want to save this pulp for more extraction.)

5) Evaporate all of the alcohol away and you are left with some plant fats and mescaline, and a little water. I like to put it in a desiccant chamber for a little while to draw out most of that water but it's not necessary.

I had the best mescaline experience yet using this method and the results were experience by another person as well. The taste is bad but a glass of water will wash it away easily. Be careful to not let it get stuck to the roof of your mouth like I did. That made it a little tough. If it's too thick you can just add a little water to thin it up to taste.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisiblehawk
Stranger
Re: Cactus alkaloids [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2452105 - 03/19/04 04:05 PM (20 years, 13 days ago)

Wow!  I posted that same method on here and at nans and a few other boards. They thought that it would not work, glad to see that it does. I believe that I saw this method posted somewhere else before, but could not remember where I saw it. It was stated to evaporate the alcohol off by putting it in a pan before, either way it is cool that you posted this method again, I am going to try that next then.  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Edited by hawk (03/19/04 04:24 PM)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: Cactus alkaloids [Re: hawk]
    #2452181 - 03/19/04 04:25 PM (20 years, 13 days ago)

I posted a little about it there as well and the concensus is that it may not be very efficient. I haven't noticed any difference in the effects of doing it that way or just eating the same amount of dried powder. I'm goin to try an extraction of the leftover pulp and see what it yields. Then we may know.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2452201 - 03/19/04 04:32 PM (20 years, 13 days ago)

That would be a fantastic experiment, and I'd certianly be interested in the results.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: Cactus alkaloids [Re: Twirling]
    #2465288 - 03/23/04 08:45 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

It may be a while before I can do a really scientific comparison like that, because I didn't save all of the pulp from my last alcohol extraction. I have some of it because it was only after I had thrown some away did I start to believe that there might be something left over in the pulp.

I plan on doing an extraction of what's left and if I find any considerable amount to still be present then I'll post about it.

--------------------

Offlinestvip
Strange stranger
Loc: Israel
    #4175936 - 05/14/05 07:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"4) Once you have filtered off all of the alcohol combine all of the batches and throw away the remains of the cactus. It no longer contains the mescaline. (I now have reason to believe that this may not be true. You may want to save this pulp for more extraction.)"

The simplicity of this method is compelling. Mescaline for the masses (LSD for the luddites and psilocybin for the philstines). Pray tell, what is the reason to which you refer, for which you believe the extraction is incomplete?
I'm currently considering a tale of intrigue and mystery, in which the protagonist has placed etanol immersed dried t.pachanoi in a hot water bath. The protagonist is nurturing vain hopes the added heat will greatly assist in the extraction.
How could one assay the remaining residue for leftover mescaline without a chemist's toyset? I'm not sure remnant bitter taste is satisfactorily indicative.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate