Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Innate IntuitionalInstinctoid Abilities
    #2451522 - 03/19/04 02:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

When you're reading someone's posts here or talking to anybody online, or on the phone, do you feel or sense any vibes from that person and/or images with your 'mind's eye' from that person you're communicating with?

Do you believe it all stems from your (subconscious)Mind picking up on visual clues, imagination drawing on memories sparked by the visual/auditory data that you're relentlessly absorbing at the moment, from the style of fonts, specific arrangement of words, grammar, tones...to the knowledge, if any, you've gained and learned on the specific individual's personality and general characteristics...to the specific moods, state of disposition you're currently in, affected by numerous other factors as well; that adds up to what your mind then projects into the individual in communication, known as 'vibes' or 'impressions'..?

Or do you believe that the human mind has an innate ability that is ignored from day one and thus lies dormant and undeveloped, misinterpreted, misunderstood and repressed out of a variety of reasons; that would otherwise allow us to perform certain advanced-intuitional abilities, such as 'feeling' a person's vibe or able to see the other person--perhaps their soul--regardless of whatever distance involved, online, or on the telephone, etc.?

And if you do believe in the latter..How would you, at your best try, explain the mechanics behind such a phenomenon? Is it related to having a Soul that possesses the enigmatic power to 'tap in' to some sort of Universal Matrix of Informational Energy? Or, in other words, a part of your mind that knows everything? Perhaps the mysterious subconscious part of your mind?

Personally, I'm pulled between these two possibilties from time to time. Particularly when I'm on the phone...There have been so many times, in the past, where the other person on the line would say something, and I could feel them shaking their head or nodding, or -insert verb-...and I would be very tempted to ask them; "hey...did you just scratch your head, right now?" But, I never really get to that point of obsession...yet, heheh.
And on these bulletin boards...sometimes I'll read these posts and I'll get these images in my head, in my mind's eye of that person in a semi-active motion picture..I still wonder sometimes, if perhaps it wasn't really just my imagination...  :3rd_eye:
Did you feel or get any faint 'image' in your head of ME as you read this post? :wink:

What do you think? :grin:
What do you think?
You may choose 3
Non-Sense! The human mind has no 'psychic' abilities of the sort. Poppycock! You watch too much Sylvia Browne!
Yes, I believe everybody innately possesses these natural abilities, but not everybody realizes it, or understands it...
I'm gonna have to think about this s'more...

Votes accepted from (03/19/04 02:00 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Innate IntuitionalInstinctoid Abilities [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2451945 - 03/19/04 05:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'm going to respond to your post more fully (maybe :grin:) later, but initially I want to respond to this part:

There are two types of people, as I've said before.  Those who intuit, and those who project.  You are probably the intuiting type, and probably, in you, those skills are more enhanced than in others. 

I'm the type who projects.  I couldn't perceive a lemon pie coming at me at a high rated of speed even if I saw it coming.  But I think I affect my environment, which is why I think I get what I need almost without thinking about it.

But I can percieve some things, when I am super-focused on something.  This is the part I want to talk about  later.  How and why do our brains perceive and intuit?

TGIF!!!

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2452304 - 03/19/04 07:06 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

first of all I can really only speak from my experince and my inerpretation. the best way I can say this is that to me our mind is like an antennae, in a very peculiar way. we talk about feeling a "vibe" which is short for vibration. is this hidden meaning coincidence? I think not, and that's the real hidden beauty with words, for me at least. When a person is in a certain mood, their body is reacting to that mood in a very special way. whether it's it's vocal tone, body movement or the choice of words it is all some form of vibration and the mind will pick up on it at any level.
your mind being the antennae I call it can pick up on these quite well. so I don't necessarily think it's hideden in our brain
it's just all "out there" and we can "tune into" it if we want to.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Innate IntuitionalInstinctoid Abilities [Re: kaiowas]
    #2452314 - 03/19/04 07:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well said  :cool:  :laugh:

--------------------
What?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2453043 - 03/20/04 12:00 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Did you feel or get any faint 'image' in your head of ME as you read this post?

I see you as a Mantid clicking your mandibles together with glee, while fooling the silly humans that read your post.  :eyemouth:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology