Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepinelurker
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Magic Mushrooms Perth, Western Australia [Re: miseenplace]
    #24486371 - 07/16/17 12:30 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Subs next to a main road in the big smoke

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekzamone
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Magic Mushrooms Perth, Western Australia [Re: pinelurker]
    #24508687 - 07/26/17 03:15 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pinelurker said:
Quote:

brk said:
So when you said that there are other patches outside of the triangle, but they require maintenance. Are you insinuating that olive was watering all of his patches or something?

And are you saying that none of olives patches "among large eucalypts" where in native scrub? Plantation then? Idk i know a member here that still hunt with him in sa, maybe we can get some better info.

Most of his patches were in the triangle. The triangle is a massive place. The ones outside needed maintenance.

He's referring to the eastern blue gums that are planted. Not the native jarrah. There's no grass like that in native bush land. It's a cleared/ planted area with only a few WA natives in the mix.

The triangle is roughly 3 towns and they are all between 40km and 60km apart. It's a massive area but suitable habitat in that area is limited

I second all of pinelurker's comments.

Invisibleolive
fresh
 User Gallery

Re: Magic Mushrooms Perth, Western Australia [Re: kzamone]
    #24508714 - 07/26/17 03:51 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

The subs I found when in WA were near the B town, in eucalyptus, not plantation blue gums in remnant eucs, unsure if they are jarrah or what.
I had a property near Northam where I successfully cultivated and fruited subs in the garden, some patches I did water during summer, some I didn't, all patches fruited so I don't think watering in summer is the defining factor in fruiting these mushrooms outside the golden triangle.
Temps below 9 degrees for a week and the dew point is what it is all about. Rain is not essential, it helps, but is not required for fruiting if the dew point is high.
Micro climates are also important, with no rain pins will abort if growing in open areas with no moisture protection, pins will mature with low rainfall if growing in long grass or bracken ferns. I have fruited WA subs in my garden in SA. :smile:

--------------------
cactilicious

grow      :ovenmitt:    hunt

Edited by olive (07/26/17 04:39 AM)

Offlinekzamone
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Magic Mushrooms Perth, Western Australia [Re: pinelurker]
    #24508736 - 07/26/17 04:30 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Oh wow.. have you found any more fruiting there or only the 1 or 2? (the metro patch you've found/made)

Edited by kzamone (07/26/17 04:33 AM)

OfflineWiiiiilson
Katso Grower
Male User Gallery

#24509131 - 07/26/17 09:51 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Champion!

--------------------
Long time lurker and learner!

Offlinekzamone
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Magic Mushrooms Perth, Western Australia [Re: Wiiiiilson]
    #24513167 - 07/28/17 12:53 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Has anyone had much luck since this recent flush of rain? (past week - 2 weeks) I last had a successful pick about 3 weeks ago but it looked like it was coming to a end, I've recently been overseas and noticed we have had a lot of rain down south, so was thinking it could be good for a 2nd flush about now as this year has been quite dry?

OfflineAlpineDemon
Stranger

Loc: Western Australia Flag
    #24519171 - 07/30/17 08:25 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

First time poster, big Gday to all my fellow hunters!
With the big cold front and heavy rainfalls last thursday, I did an overnighter from Friday to Saturday.
I'd spent a lot of hours prior on google maps and selected my search area accordingly.

My area was in the triangle closest to Ballas out of the 3,following advice to stay clear of the Js.
My area was in a large gully, with a water source at the bottom and lots of pines in the area with patches of gumtrees here and there with plenty of small clearings
The pines we searched were of varying maturity, looking through mainly younger pines
There were streams running down the hillside with scattered gumtrees and bracken
Put some serious miles and hours in scaling the hills and banks but found no actives.
Was absolutely devo, thinking maybe too late?
The location looked perfect

--------------------
Deserted again
You speak to me through the shadows
Walking in closed rooms, using cold words
Captured by the night

Edited by AlpineDemon (07/31/17 04:11 PM)

Offlinekzamone
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Magic Mushrooms Perth, Western Australia [Re: AlpineDemon]
    #24519807 - 07/31/17 07:23 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I just got back from the triangle on sunday arvo and had minor success, especially compared to the start of the season and more specifically last year (last year was great!). picked from sunrise til about 2pm but there was little remaining, lots of people in the area and left over rubbish (sigh), which leads me to believe it was pillaged since the most recent rains. We also had cops drive right by us, but we had a pretty nice camp setup on campgrounds near by and they just waved and drove off, they were definitely on the search for pickers though, and we weren't even close to sniper's alley. Looks like the seasons come to a end and we will have to wait patiently for next years rains :frown:  P.S. I just noticed a bunch of messages from fellow wa shroomers, I will endeavour to reply asap, been inundated with work atm and only just noticed them, sorry!

Offlinemiseenplace
Stranger
    #24524088 - 08/02/17 03:23 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kzamone said:
I just got back from the triangle on sunday arvo and had minor success, especially compared to the start of the season and more specifically last year (last year was great!). picked from sunrise til about 2pm but there was little remaining, lots of people in the area and left over rubbish (sigh), which leads me to believe it was pillaged since the most recent rains. We also had cops drive right by us, but we had a pretty nice camp setup on campgrounds near by and they just waved and drove off, they were definitely on the search for pickers though, and we weren't even close to sniper's alley. Looks like the seasons come to a end and we will have to wait patiently for next years rains :frown:  P.S. I just noticed a bunch of messages from fellow wa shroomers, I will endeavour to reply asap, been inundated with work atm and only just noticed them, sorry!

Forgive my ignorance but I though August seemed a little early for the season to be finished. What makes you say that?

I thought the heavy rain and cold weather we've had recently would count for something.

OfflineAlpineDemon
Stranger

#24525282 - 08/02/17 04:02 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

With the current conditions one would think it might prolong the growth of these golden treats a bit longer. Next weekend off work is first in September. Surely I would have missed them by then?
I'm not a very experienced picker. What's the latest you have found them? Is it worth a look in September if these conditions continue?

--------------------
Deserted again
Captured by the night

Offlinemiseenplace
Stranger
Re: Magic Mushrooms Perth, Western Australia [Re: AlpineDemon]
    #24526353 - 08/02/17 11:56 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I think so. I have found them in September although they're not as prolific. I would consider September to be the last month of the season.

OfflineAlpineDemon
Stranger

#24526411 - 08/03/17 12:20 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Music to my ears!!! Glimmer of hope for me yet
That's it I'm committing, I haven't had em in years and am so keen

--------------------
Deserted again
Captured by the night

OfflineEndious
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Magic Mushrooms Perth, Western Australia [Re: SkrewLoose]
    #24526422 - 08/03/17 12:25 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys so I think I've come across what I'm looking for however I doubt they're active

OfflineEndious
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Magic Mushrooms Perth, Western Australia [Re: Endious]
    #24526429 - 08/03/17 12:28 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

http://

Offlinebaow10
wannabe hunter
 User Gallery

#24526503 - 08/03/17 01:48 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Endious said:
http://

not what you're looking for

OfflineEndious
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Magic Mushrooms Perth, Western Australia [Re: baow10]
    #24526535 - 08/03/17 02:22 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Deco! Well thanks anyway :smile: hopefully will get a trip down south soon

Offlinekzamone
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24531804 - 08/05/17 07:51 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

djdanielr87 said:
Quote:

kzamone said:

Forgive my ignorance but I though August seemed a little early for the season to be finished. What makes you say that?

I thought the heavy rain and cold weather we've had recently would count for something.

In theory I totally agree with you, I have recently been overseas for a week and arrived back in Perth just over a week ago and did a check of the weather and noticed the conditions had been perfect while I was away, but unfortunately after a visit last weekend to the triangle it was a a lot more disappointing than expected, it was definitely the worst for us all season in terms of haul. but in saying that it was also the busiest I've ever seen. There wasn't too much healthy mycelium left lurking about and with the amount of people down there picking it apart it didn't look like it was going to regenerate any time soon. I would love to be proven wrong though!

OfflineAlpineDemon
Stranger

#24534259 - 08/06/17 08:09 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Calling on pine lurking pros
Seems as though as of late results have been a bit disappointing.
So myself for someone who has barely any experience, I feel I'm pretty informed, know what I'm looking for but just lacking in a little final touch.
I'm going for a look soon, I know I'm very late but I would be so grateful for you kind fellows to help me maximise my chances
I've read every bit of info available about WA subs online
Haven't had the pleasure in consuming these magical treats for many years
Being a fisherman I practice secrecy often, you don't give your spots away, I wouldn't ask that. I recon I've been in a good spot but no luck.
So anyway, I'm just a little confused on the habitat part of things
So I read pines, bracken, gullies etc
How good is actual pine needle litter for growth?
At what proximity should pines be and how essential are they for our prized subs?
In regard to rains, I know few days after rains is the best but is there a state where it's too soggy for them to grow (even if it is hillside)?
What is your preferred pine tree maturity to go for a scout?
I'm hoping we all are trying to spread these morsels and I'm getting unconfirmed patches roughly from Pemberton to Bunbury, and I wish only exponential growth for our Rosa's
But for now I hope a triangle guru might spare me a helping hand :laugh:
Plus this thread I see is getting a little quiet
Let's light it up for next season hehe

--------------------
Deserted again
Captured by the night

OfflineEndious
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Magic Mushrooms Perth, Western Australia [Re: SkrewLoose]
    #24534421 - 08/06/17 09:50 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

After a few day days here in Perth I thought most fruit would have dried up, however after going for a walk in my local paperbark wetland I found a lot of stuff still growing in the moist bark litter! I believe they are Gymnopilus Purp or Sp. I've never found Shrooms nor am I experienced, I am just gaining knowledge aha here are my photos!

the same Mushroom several hours apart Notice the brusing,
Gymnopilus actives bruise green/darky blue after a half an hour.
however these are quite dry so keep that in mind,
noticeable change in colour over time

these were from the same cluster there were several small clusters of 3 or four however there was evidence of large clusters however they were mostly decomposed

Let me know what you think!

OfflineWiiiiilson
Katso Grower
Male User Gallery

#24536116 - 08/07/17 02:31 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmm the tops have about the right texture, but the colour is a bit off. Are they growing from leaves or was there wood underneath the leaves?
Get a spore print, add some water and add it straight to a pot full of mulch and wait for next year!

--------------------
Long time lurker and learner!

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale