Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
WTF???
    #2450152 - 03/19/04 12:25 AM (20 years, 14 days ago)

I?ve been wondering about something, and I?ve questioned a few people, away from the forum, what they think this might be, or mean, so I decided to grow some balls and just post all of this that?s been happening to me.  It may mean nothing, but it sure seems to mean something.  I?ve had people say I?m charmed, or that God must really be watching out for me, or that I?m lucky, or that my life has a lot of synchronicity in it, or that I have good karma, or no karma, or whatever.

Here goes?

I went to the store to buy ingredients for cheese cake.  I wasn?t sure if I could use reduced fat cream cheese, if the consistency of the cheese cake would still be the same, and so I went up to this lady to ask if she knew if I could use reduced fat.  I said, ?You look like someone who recently made a cheesecake.?  She was surprised because she had just made a cheesecake that morning.

My car broke down.  A guy was walking by, and offered to help.  Turned out he worked at an auto parts store. 

When I wrecked that same car, that very day an attorney called me after not doing any work for him for a while and asked if I could make an appearance.  I told him I had wrecked my car.  He said he had an extra one, and he let me have it and is letting me pay it off by making appearances. 

I went to the airport and the back of my skirt ripped.  It was pretty obvious.  I went into a shop at the airport and the lady that worked there gave me a safety pin, but the guy that worked there said he could help me with duct tape.  I was a little surprised but I went into a small room with him and he duct taped my skirt.  It turned out that he was a distributor and reseller of clothing.

Went to the law library to draft a document for a bankruptcy matter.  I had never done it before and I was unsure what I was doing.  There was an attorney sitting across from me who asked if I was a bankruptcy attorney.  Turns out he was a bankruptcy attorney and he helped me to figure out the paper I was supposed to write.

Once was asked to make an appearance in downtown L.A., and parking usually costs $11.00, unless you are lucky enough to get a metered parking spot, of which there are only a handful and none are ever available.  I had .50.  I needed the money, so I went to L.A., but halfway there, I started overheating.  I pulled into a gas station and used my last .50 to buy water, and I looked down on the concrete base on which the water thing was sitting, and there were 4 quarters.  I arrived in L.A. to find one metered parking space available, and the 4 quarters paid for all my time.  I got out of court with 5 minutes to spare.

I accidentally took a guys keys when I stopped at a Starbucks to get coffee.  I went back and returned his keys, and at a time when I was really broke, I got 4 cases through him. 

These are just a handful of examples of common occurrences in my daily life, and it?s gotten to a point where I will just go for something, even if it might be risky, because I know it?s going to work out okay.

One time, I locked my keys in my car and the window was only open about an inch.  I?m small-boned, but I couldn?t get my arm into the window.  Some guy came by and got his arm in and unlocked the door.  I swear, it was a really small crack. 

What do you think?  Am I making too much out of this kind of stuff?  Does everyone experience this type of thing?  I, so far, tend to think God is watching out for me.  :grin:

This happens on an almost daily basis for me.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: WTF??? [Re: Frog]
    #2450185 - 03/19/04 12:30 AM (20 years, 14 days ago)

Carl Jung would call that synchronicity. Some people here (and most people who aren't here) will poo-poo the idea...but I certainly have seen plenty of evidence of it in my lifetime.

Meaningful events which are related without any apparent causal relation happen quite often in the human world. :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: WTF??? [Re: trendal]
    #2450219 - 03/19/04 12:37 AM (20 years, 14 days ago)

Does it happen to everyone? And if so, do they just not notice it? I admit, when I first realized that it was happening, about 4 and 1/2 years ago, I was able to look back over my life and see where there was synchronicity, but at the time, I didn't notice it. Just seemed like "coincidence".

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2450245 - 03/19/04 12:41 AM (20 years, 14 days ago)

Yes it happens to everyone, as far as I can tell. Some people are much more likely to notice it than others, though. Also, once you learn to notice it you will start noticing it more and more.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
    #2450277 - 03/19/04 12:47 AM (20 years, 14 days ago)

theres all logical reasons behind this. first soem of it is your subconcious reading things u cant sense consiously. such as a smell of cheesecake on a woman. another is just pure numbers and chance.

but its liek goign to a phycic. you only remember the things that were correct and forget about all the things that were not.

crappy things happen to me all teh time. but i always remember how i found 20 bucks or i guesed someones bday or weight.

its interestign though and somtimes i to wonder if all this coudl jsut be a coincidence.

peace

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: WTF??? [Re: the man]
    #2450292 - 03/19/04 12:53 AM (20 years, 14 days ago)

Good point, the man, and I'm taking that into consideration, because of course good things don't come out of every situation.  Hmmm.  I take that back.

Even the things I fuck up turn out good in the end.  Usually, it will turn out that it was a good thing that I fucked up.  Would take too long to explain that.

Trendal, I have gotten to the point where I don't care about anything bad happening any more, because everything works out so well.  I almost feel invincible, but I'm not about to slit my wrists to see if I come back to life.  :grin:

--------------------

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
    #2450445 - 03/19/04 01:44 AM (20 years, 14 days ago)

yea and soem peopel liek u jsut have all the luck. haha jeez

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Anonymous

#2450669 - 03/19/04 04:58 AM (20 years, 14 days ago)

Thats some good luck or else something behind the scenes is lookin out.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #2450925 - 03/19/04 07:58 AM (20 years, 14 days ago)

Can I hang out with you til it stops? You're not just hot, you're on fire. Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2450932 - 03/19/04 08:03 AM (20 years, 14 days ago)

Well, one thing to consider is your outlook, and how much it shapes these events. In some of these cases, you had a problem and weren't afriad to ask for help, or sought solutions to them. In other cases, you helped others and received good things from it.

So really, you're the one who is making these things happen. I have the tendcy to catasphize everything and probably would have missed out on the chances you had. You're your own God!

OfflineThe_Visionaire
Torch

Loc: Indra's Net
    #2451120 - 03/19/04 09:13 AM (20 years, 14 days ago)

Seems like you are connected to higher systems of order Frog.
You're on track, and that is *GREAT* :grin: :thumbup:

You'll have to be really superstitous to think that these are all coincidents :wink:

--------------------
There are no differences between men and gods,
one blends softly causal into the other.
-Frank Herbert, Dune.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2451260 - 03/19/04 10:35 AM (20 years, 14 days ago)

Am I making too much out of this kind of stuff?
Yes.

Does everyone experience this type of thing?
No. This answer is obvious. Look around. Is "everyone" being "taken care of"?

I, so far, tend to think God is watching out for me
Will you still think the same way when something horrid happens to you or a loved one? When all your best efforts and intentions bear no fruit?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2451277 - 03/19/04 10:41 AM (20 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

I, so far, tend to think God is watching out for me.

sounds to me like men are watching out for you  :tongue:

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: WTF??? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2451438 - 03/19/04 12:02 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

yeah God is watching over you, in my own life i shoud've been dead sevral times but the hand of the Lord brought me thru,for example i was in a constuction accident and 14,ooo volts of elctricty was arching all around me, i panicked and jumped and the dukepower guys said that i should've been dead, cause by jumping i was not grounded and a bolt should've followed me to the ground, they did'nt know what to think.Thats just one of the many times not counting legal encounters when i could've gotten busted that evrything worked out o.k., my family {parents and wife} also say that i can charm my way out of a wet paper bag, God is good :biggrin:

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: WTF??? [Re: peleg]
    #2451468 - 03/19/04 12:09 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

And God was NOT watching over the thousands who ARE electrocuted each year.

You are a victim of the "survivor fallacy" that I have mentioned numerous times. If you had died, you would not be here to sing the praises of a mysterious, compassionate God.

--------------------

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Re: WTF??? [Re: Swami]
    #2451507 - 03/19/04 12:20 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

it's a chain of events that has happened in my lfe thus far, not two years prior to that i was almost cut into by a drill rig at the waist,i beleive when it's your time to go you will go and not a miute before nor after

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: WTF??? [Re: peleg]
    #2451537 - 03/19/04 12:33 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

Your statement is true whether there is a God or destiny or random chance and is therefore; meaningless and of no use.

--------------------

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
    #2451620 - 03/19/04 01:11 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

Purpose

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2451629 - 03/19/04 01:15 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

The only statements I consider useless are those attacking another's viewpoints :wink:

--------------------

Offlineoggleman
Stranger
Male
Loc: Chicago
    #2451745 - 03/19/04 01:51 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

Well I tend to think that this sort of thing happens to everyone.  All it takes is a few moments to think about some pivotal events in your life.  Think about the way things transpired and how if even the tiniest factor changed even the slightest bit, the outcome would have been totally different.  Call it coincidence, call it luck, call it karma, call it the presence of the divine, whatever.  I call it forces that humans cannot fully understand, let alone articulate.  I think that you do tend to notice these occurances more than others, possibly because they happen to you so often you have begun to look for them.

I also think that you may be overestimating the importance of these occurances at times.  Think about the guy that helped you duct tape your skirt.  Does the fact that he is a cloting distributor make him more qualified to help you out or make a significant difference in your life?  I would say no.  But at any rate, you seem to have some cosmic force on your side, and I wouldn't mind being in your shoes for awhile :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom