Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: micelio]
    #24502503 - 07/23/17 10:05 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Im excited. fam left town now i can do myco work. had 10 plates fully grown. 2 were not. did two transfers. prepped bulk subs for spawning. this is strawnet.

I think this is the last remnants of strawnet in existance. i believe the company went out of business.
this battle may fail as im doing something i don't normally do. I am bucket teking coir/strawnet and a little gypsum. don't have the time to pasteurize at this point. ive always pasteurized this strawnet. its pelletized wheat grass.

2 bricks coir/ 2 cups gypsum, 2 cups strawnet(im conserving what i have left. i used to put about 6 cups to 12 cups verm to 3 bricks coir for 4 monotubs) This will be for 2 monotubs. i plan on doing one texyc ms and one texyc clone from 2014 stem tissue.

put all the ingredients in a bucket

poured 10 quarts of boiling water over it and put the lid on. spawning later today after it is mixed.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the parking lot
Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: micelio]
    #24502520 - 07/23/17 10:13 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

and fake apparently :shrug:

I always like signs that are real but really funny. My previous roommates went to China, they have a BUTLOAD of funny signs, just cause they speak chinglish.

@eat

Are you that in love with the strawnet that you have too ration it? :lol:
How does it compare to plain straw? I've never used straw before, but I've noticed there's quite a selection to choose from if you visit different pet stores and even the bigger grocery chains have a pretty wide selection.

--------------------
The best things in life
can be smelled on one's fingers.

Invisiblejkz
Padawan

Loc: Coruscant
Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: LizardWizard]
    #24502563 - 07/23/17 10:33 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I've been debating trying hay that you can buy for Guinea pigs to try out on oysters and other wood lovers. Might be the next thing for my experiments thread....
Wtf is strawnet? Pelletized wheat grass? Where did you find that at eat? I bet theirs some replacement you could totally use dude. I'm curious in this cuz I don't have space for straw bundles, but a bag of that would take up no space in my shit apartment.

Good luck dude!

--------------------
TEKs I like
Trade list (inc)

OfflineGreenMama
Spiritual Student
Female User Gallery

Loc: West coast Flag
Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: Mr.Mushie402]
    #24502574 - 07/23/17 10:39 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.Mushie402 said:
Quote:

LizardWizard said:

Your brother doesn't, but your sister might think the PE resembles something to "eat" :trollhide:

I laughed way too hard at this

:cool: :thumbup: yep. (Dern smartypants with faster wit than me :heart:)

Back to the main subject: Am very excited about cultivating a print from a huge, juicy purple mystic. Might be Meh for others, but I LOVE how these look when they fruit. Love how prolific they can be!

--------------------
It's a violation of human rights to deny responsible adults the chance to experience natural entheogenic Medicines for health, possible cures for disease, & spiritual exploration.

OfflineRealmLAir
Stranger
Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: GreenMama]
    #24502632 - 07/23/17 11:14 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

im excited that i ordered from a new vendor (trusted)
got amazing syringes (the growth is very rhizo like, something i never saw with my old syringes)
ive only had one contam thus far

my only source for agar was WHOLE FOODS FOR $10/OZ WHEN I FOUND THEY HAVE IT AT A CHINESE STORE FOR $1.50 :eek:

and i just birthed 4 cakes into my sgfc
and in a few more days ill be doing my first bulk project. wbs shoeboxes

this run is looking good :heart:

Edited by RealmLAir (07/23/17 11:15 AM)

InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: RealmLAir]
    #24502868 - 07/23/17 01:09 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm.. Sounds like exciting times there for you Realm.

What varieties are you growing?

--------------------
The best things in life

OfflinePsiloPsychIn
PsiloPsychIn

Loc: up north
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: GreenMama]
    #24502882 - 07/23/17 01:17 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

GreenMama said:
Love to see some pics LizardWizard:D
Love how fruiting shrooms can resemble bakery fresh out of the oven. Showed my brother this pic and he first thought it was a plate of toasted marshmallows

He didn't think my batch of penisenvys resembled food tho haha.

I'm excited about this beautiful picture and congrats on such healthy fruits!

--------------------
What are they saying? Listen carefully, it might be something you need to hear...

InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: PsiloPsychIn]
    #24502884 - 07/23/17 01:20 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

They do look beautiful...

And welcome psilo! :goodday:

--------------------
The best things in life

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shakedown St.
Trusted Cultivator
    #24503121 - 07/23/17 03:11 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

ATL7

PE clone

:justcantwait:

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

Offlinewavyhoney
Mush Apprentice

#24503137 - 07/23/17 03:19 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I'm excited to spawn my first grow to four shoeboxes this week! I was going to do it today but I went out and bought an overpriced bag of coir at a local grow shop out of solidarity but it turned out I could have spent the same amount of money on all the stuff I need (coir, vermiculite, bucket) at a different shop that is a little farther away. Returned the bag I bought and tried to buy the stuff at the other shop but the refund didn't go through right away so I was SOL (broke boy alert!  :alert:). Anyways I get paid soon so I'll be able to spawn for real... I'm planning on doing the bucket tek to keep things simple (but mostly because I don't have a thermometer) since I heard PCing substrate is not ideal. I know my spawn is not 100% clean, hence the shoeboxes, but I'm pretty sure it will make for a decent first grow!

Offlinewavyhoney
Mush Apprentice

Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: wavyhoney]
    #24503485 - 07/23/17 05:59 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Also, I keep forgetting that I have a jar of P. Mexicana var. Tampanensis chilling in a closet I never look in, growing some sweet sclerotia that will be ready in a month or so. :dancer: Every time I remember about them I get super stoked and then forget about them again. I even thought to mention them in my last post but then I forgot by the time I wrote the post.  :p

OfflineRealmLAir
Stranger
    #24503866 - 07/23/17 09:11 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Mainly working on my AA+ for bulk
but i got
-Creeper
-Peru
-Golden Teacher

all going as well in the SGFC. I started them from MS so gonna grow them out on cakes this time. Hopefully get a nice isolate. Then take it to bulk.  :rockon:

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24503880 - 07/23/17 09:19 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

im so excited i spawned 2 more tubs tonight. im trying to space out my spawnings now. so i don't have to harvest at 5am for 2 hours before work. they always wanna fruit when i need to get out the door.

im also excited to see the blood bath on the next game of thrones. and the movie valerian looks pretty trippy.

on a side note, i shook a few pan cambo jars. i may be giving some oysters a go again soon. i only do a small batch of oysters for dinner a few times a week here and there. i only do small open air bag grows. but id love to do some automation. just don't think it will work into the space i have available. what to do. what to do.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

OfflineTheDuder
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: eatyualive]
    #24503974 - 07/23/17 10:15 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I agree about game of thrones, about to watch it now! :rockon:

Im excited about the two tubs of Leucistic PES Hawaiian I'm about to spawn in the morning.
Also my Pan Cinctulus plate germinated, the print was from my first ever wild find.

Quote:

jkz said:
I've been debating trying hay that you can buy for Guinea pigs to try out on oysters and other wood lovers. Might be the next thing for my experiments thread...

I used that hay in a pot outdoors and it put out 4 flushes I think.

Edited by TheDuder (07/23/17 10:41 PM)

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shakedown St.
Trusted Cultivator
    #24503977 - 07/23/17 10:16 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I hear ya on the space issues, eat. I'm so excited that I got my flow hood out of storage but, space issues.
Making it work the best I can. :thumbup:

Fuckin' sweet Duder!

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

InvisibleNothingsChanged
Striving for Excellence
Male User Gallery

Loc: North/Western WA Flag
    #24503985 - 07/23/17 10:21 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineSteevo
Just a cog in the death wheel
 User Gallery

Loc: Here and There
Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: NothingsChanged]
    #24504006 - 07/23/17 10:37 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I'm pretty excited about this rack fitting in my closet. I know "Closet? WTF?" But fuck it, that's what works for me :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineTFF9toes
Male

Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: NothingsChanged]
    #24504019 - 07/23/17 10:46 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Excited because in about a week, I get to dunk and roll my first PF tek attempt ever! I haven't peeked since last Monday but I only had 1 jar that ended up with a contam (running outside and punching a tree because I'm gonna need to do more than just knock on wood), but other than that 4 jars just never took off at all, but I'll leave that for another thread. 7 cakes of Huatlas, 6 Cambodias, and 6 Golden Teachers. The reason for so few GTs and Cams is because I'm a scrub at trying to use a syringe, and accidently put waaayyyy too much innoculent in the first jar, and I kinda have OCD and need an equal amount in each jar.

A good friend also gave me a a fully colonized jar of Psylocybe Galindoi which I'm debating on harvesting the few stones it has and trying to get it to grow some mycelium on agar, since it seems to be pretty popular and the recommended method, or just letting it go for another few months and try to get a good stone harvest.

In both cases I'm about jumping out of my pants with excitement.

OfflineRealmLAir
Stranger
Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: Steevo]
    #24504083 - 07/23/17 11:36 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

you actually solved my space issue. I never thought of getting one of those for my closet because it has literally ONE shelf that my sgfc is currently resting on...gonna need to find where to put my shoeboxes next week!

Offlineleafygreens
StrangerThings
Male User Gallery

#24504185 - 07/24/17 12:52 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

:lookatit: I'M SO EXICTED, AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT...is what happened when I read the title of this thread!!  :naturetrip:

I'm in the process of my first agar work and already did some A2G and they seem pretty healthy for one week and next to that I have some EQ jars on its 3rd  week of colonization. My first batch of jars made from June 10th just got finished colonizing on the 16th so It been a good week so far Made a shoe box with 3 jars and the others I made some three foil trays and placed two of them in a 60qt unmodified tub. This so FUN and I know patience is a virtue especially with mushrooms, I rushed my two fastest jars of my first ever MS syringe when I should of g2g, which I did with one but failed the first time trying g2g. I'm curious with open grows so I wanna take one of the trays and just leave it out in the room. Is the idea to mist it a bit more correct? last picture is from that failed g2g found some GT growing but it was getting eaten by bugs tripping the fuck out I bet, I picked up a gram dry but idk if should wait till it pops out more, I saw a pin in the pot earlier but most of them were shooting from the side due to me forgetting it was there and thinking nothing would grow so it was unattended for a good week lol till i went to the backyard and was doing yard work and happened to look into the pot and to my surprise there were mushrooms but with eaten flesh.

Edited by leafygreens (07/24/17 01:11 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale