Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejs52589
Stranger
Male
Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: leafygreens]
    #24504335 - 07/24/17 04:08 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I'm excited to be back after a long hiatus, both from the site and the hobby. Well, I haven't been gone the whole time; I've lurked here since even before making this account - 10 years ago, during my second pf tek (and second of any kind of grow)- I just looked at my 3 posts from back then... All "is this a contam?" pics and all answered promptly by RR :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejs52589
Stranger
Male
Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: js52589]
    #24504344 - 07/24/17 04:14 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I made it through a good bit more than those first two grows, but never moved away from brf+verm. So I'm also excited to have finally graduated to grains, 10 years later!  :biggrin: 

Have 12 WBS jars noced up 6 days ago from MSS (GT and ecuador) all showing some growth! Can't wait to finally see a monotub-sized pinset with my own eyes!

Some excited pics will surely be to come once they look a little more interesting :biggrin:

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: leafygreens]
    #24504347 - 07/24/17 04:17 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

This is in an old abandoned building built in the victorian era. I'm so excited because I found what I think is a mychorrrhizal species growing inside of a fucking basement today. How fucking cool is that. It's some kind of bolete I think. It bruises dark greenish blue. I took a photo of it and then went to look to see what kind of gills it had. I assumed it was saprophitic. I investigated further and noticed lots of roots coming in through the cracks.  But fucking boletes in a basement! And tiny little adorable perfect specimens. I also found this moldy one in a corner which I assume is another bolete. I decided not to touch that one though.

Talk about all three of my main hobbies getting harmonious. It was hard to get a really good pic though because there was no way I was putting my knees on that floor.

I found a partially intact sterilizer. I couldn't find the door. :frown: I'll keep looking. Plenty of more buildings to go. Also I found a porcelain graveyard. The place where johns go to die. There really is something creepy about coming across a room full of toilets at night.

Edited by TheBlackCat (07/24/17 05:11 AM)

InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the parking lot
Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: TheBlackCat]
    #24504398 - 07/24/17 05:46 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

RealmLAir said:
Mainly working on my AA  for bulk
but i got
-Creeper
-Peru
-Golden Teacher

all going as well in the SGFC. I started them from MS so gonna grow them out on cakes this time. Hopefully get a nice isolate. Then take it to bulk.  :rockon:

I'm in love with the Peru variety. Def clone that one, and let us know how you like the trip on them.

Quote:

eatyualive said:
on a side note, i shook a few pan cambo jars. i may be giving some oysters a go again soon. i only do a small batch of oysters for dinner a few times a week here and there. i only do small open air bag grows. but id love to do some automation. just don't think it will work into the space i have available. what to do. what to do.

Do some dowels to logs if you have the outside space, it'll take time of course, but it's a really fun sideproject! As for the blocks, do smaller blocks perform better open air than big blocks? I'm cramped in space as well...

Quote:

TheDuder said:
about the two tubs of Leucistic PES Hawaiian I'm about to spawn in the morning.
Also my Pan Cinctulus plate germinated, the print was from my first ever wild find.

Quote:

jkz said:
I've been debating trying hay that you can buy for Guinea pigs to try out on oysters and other wood lovers. Might be the next thing for my experiments thread...

I used that hay in a pot outdoors and it put out 4 flushes I think.

I have thought about that exact hay as well, they have it in regular straw (though I think that's for bunnies) or
hay, but also in alpine meadow herbs! I'm guessing it's all fiber for the mushrooms, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out more contam resistant because of the herbals in there.

Quote:

NothingsChanged said:
http://news.brevardtimes.com/2013/06/florida-man-charged-with-picking-magic.html

http://www.5acedesigns.com/damnweek/2014/08/04/hallucinogenic-alligators/

o.O

Crazy shit by stupid ppl...

Quote:

Steevo said:
I'm pretty excited about this rack fitting in my closet. I know "Closet? WTF?" But fuck it, that's what works for me :thumbup:

Hey, if there's lighting possible, why the fuck not..?

Quote:

TFF9toes said:
Excited because in about a week, I get to dunk and roll my first PF tek attempt ever! I haven't peeked since last Monday but I only had 1 jar that ended up with a contam (running outside and punching a tree because I'm gonna need to do more than just knock on wood), but other than that 4 jars just never took off at all, but I'll leave that for another thread. 7 cakes of Huatlas, 6 Cambodias, and 6 Golden Teachers. The reason for so few GTs and Cams is because I'm a scrub at trying to use a syringe, and accidently put waaayyyy too much innoculent in the first jar, and I kinda have OCD and need an equal amount in each jar.

A good friend also gave me a a fully colonized jar of Psylocybe Galindoi which I'm debating on harvesting the few stones it has and trying to get it to grow some mycelium on agar, since it seems to be pretty popular and the recommended method, or just letting it go for another few months and try to get a good stone harvest.

In both cases I'm about jumping out of my pants with excitement.

Cool! Keep the jars, have some patience, it'll be rewarding. They can go on for about 8 monhts, after that you get into the risk zone. After harvest of stones, don't move strictly to agar, move to spawn it, harvest the shrooms, take some prints, and take clones from the shrooms and stones.

Quote:

RealmLAir said:
you actually solved my space issue. I never thought of getting one of those for my closet because it has literally ONE shelf that my sgfc is currently resting on...gonna need to find where to put my shoeboxes next week!

Stack em. Floors are the perfect shelves. You can keep stacking on it until you reach the ceiling, no risk of shelves coming down bc of weight :lol:

LEAFYGREENS

I'm so excited to see you grow what seem to be clean jars! The shrooms are probably getting eaten by slugs, they chum down real hard on em, and can eat loads. There's huge amounts of snails in my garden, if I have outdoor shrooms I can never harvest without having some being eaten. Put down some plastic containers with a rectangular hole in both sides and fill it with beer. There's still a good chance they'll go for the shrooms, but the beer will attract them too and drown em. I hate slugs. Anyone got a better way of dealing with them?

Quote:

js52589 said:
I made it through a good bit more than those first two grows, but never moved away from brf+verm. So I'm also excited to have finally graduated to grains, 10 years later!  :biggrin: 

Have 12 WBS jars noced up 6 days ago from MSS (GT and ecuador) all showing some growth! Can't wait to finally see a monotub-sized pinset with my own eyes!

Some excited pics will surely be to come once they look a little more interesting :biggrin:

Congrats on graduating :lmafo:

And welcome back, always nice to have an old member come back, even if it's a lurker.

Quote:

TheBlackCat said:
This is in an old abandoned building built in the victorian era. I'm so excited because I found what I think is a mychorrrhizal species growing inside of a fucking basement today. How fucking cool is that. It's some kind of bolete I think. It bruises dark greenish blue. I took a photo of it and then went to look to see what kind of gills it had. I assumed it was saprophitic. I investigated further and noticed lots of roots coming in through the cracks.  But fucking boletes in a basement! And tiny little adorable perfect specimens. I also found this moldy one in a corner which I assume is another bolete. I decided not to touch that one though.

Talk about all three of my main hobbies getting harmonious. It was hard to get a really good pic though because there was no way I was putting my knees on that floor.

I found a partially intact sterilizer. I couldn't find the door. :frown: I'll keep looking. Plenty of more buildings to go. Also I found a porcelain graveyard. The place where johns go to die. There really is something creepy about coming across a room full of toilets at night.

Nice find on the shrooms! And too bad that sterilizer was missing the door. Probably kicked out by some punk teens who have no idea of the value of such a thing... :nonono: sad.. I once ran into a basement filled with shoes, like 20 inches high. Also creepy.

Are the shroom caps felty, smooth, or slimy?

--------------------
The best things in life
can be smelled on one's fingers.

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: LizardWizard]
    #24504408 - 07/24/17 05:58 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

They feel like velvet just the way they look. They have pores not gills. It was such a weird thing to find I took one home and have it in a little container.

--------------------

InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower

Folding@home Statistics
    #24504421 - 07/24/17 06:18 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, they looked a bit like a Suillus, but the cap would have to be slimy for that, so it's not.

Don't eat it unless you have a positive ID.. Boletes have poisonous and suspect specimens too.

--------------------
The best things in life

Invisibleforagedfungus
 User Gallery

Loc: out there
    #24504444 - 07/24/17 06:57 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LizardWizard said:

Don't eat it unless you have a positive ID.. Boletes have poisonous and suspect specimens too.

I'm not sure what they are. This key may help - http://www.mushroomexpert.com/boletes_red_capped_blue_staining.html .

Even if we can ID it as something edible, I wouldn't eat those. They were found growing in the basement of an abandoned medical facility. Probably not the best environment for collecting food.

InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: foragedfungus]
    #24504452 - 07/24/17 07:03 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, didn't think about that yet, but indeed :lol:

--------------------
The best things in life

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: foragedfungus]
    #24504465 - 07/24/17 07:16 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

It looks like it has teeth kinda and not pores which is pretty awesome. And I'm definitely not going to eat it. It's just for study. Going to consult my book. Besides it smaller than my pinky. I'd be cooking for a mouse. I rarely eat wild specimens of anything and I've never eaten a wild active. I don't like playing mushroom roulette like some people. I do have a handful of surefire ones like birch polypore, chaga, chicken of the woods, giant puffball, dryads saddle, reishi, wine caps etc... I've found sure fire cinctulus and just studied it and tossed it. Also I really don't think I'd eat lead and asbestos basement shrooms. I do have a bizarre urge to drop it on a plate just to see if it will grow. Convincing me to start on agar has turned me into a monster.

Speaking of reishi I just checked mine. Fuck yeah! It's blurry and you can't see but that's definately mycelium and quite rhizomorphic. I can't believe it worked. I expected a bunch of dirty little bacterial spots but I don't see any so far. I tried an experiment. I figured since it was such a thick hard specimen I could soak just the outer layer with one of my alchohol wipes and not destroy the tissue in the middle. I think my experiment may have paid off. I'm not sure I would try it with a softer bodied species.

:bearbreakdance:

--------------------

Edited by TheBlackCat (07/24/17 07:54 AM)

InvisibleGerms
Space Force
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
    #24504484 - 07/24/17 07:45 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Got germination on my PE plates! First one's got bacteria so I'll probably transfer a tiny wedge in the next day or so. The second one is hard to see but the biggest spec of visible myc is under the E

My best of 3 second transfer pan cyan dishes. Probably make a couple more and then I'll put it to grains. These are both two cultures I'm looking forward to growing when I finish up with Lucy and a few martinique tubs I got left

--------------------

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: Germs]
    #24504499 - 07/24/17 07:55 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Ooooh. Nice pans. What kind of agar are you using Germs? How do you get it so rhizomorphic?

--------------------

Edited by TheBlackCat (07/24/17 07:56 AM)

InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower

Folding@home Statistics
    #24504529 - 07/24/17 08:14 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Then it's not a bolete. Check the Hydnum mushrooms :wink: I think it's going to turn out to be edible, and you could try to get it to agar.

--------------------
The best things in life

Edited by LizardWizard (07/24/17 08:19 AM)

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24504546 - 07/24/17 08:26 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I'm so excited I just posted in this thread.

And I just posted in my pants too :splooge:

InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: mushboy]
    #24504673 - 07/24/17 09:39 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry Mushboy, but that's too much excitement for me :lol:

--------------------
The best things in life

OfflineTheDuder
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #24504701 - 07/24/17 10:03 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Heres the Panaeolus cinctulus plate :rockon:
Its hard to get a clean picture of it while its starting out.

--------------------

|-------------------[Ps. Azurescens]------------------------------------------[Ps. Semilanceata]--------------------------------------------[Ps. Allenii]------------------------|

|--------------[Ps. Ovoideocystidiata]------------------------------------------[Ps. Stuntzii]--------------------------------------------[Ps. Baeocystis]----------------------|

InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The "I'M SO EXCITED!" thread [Re: TheDuder]
    #24504716 - 07/24/17 10:16 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Cool! Do you know if it always looks so whispy?

--------------------
The best things in life

OfflineTheDuder
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

#24504737 - 07/24/17 10:31 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Im not 100% sure this is my first time trying to grow it but I would assume so since its a grass species.

I do see nice fuzzy growth so I bet it will start to look a bit less whispy. :shrug:

--------------------

|-------------------[Ps. Azurescens]------------------------------------------[Ps. Semilanceata]--------------------------------------------[Ps. Allenii]------------------------|

|--------------[Ps. Ovoideocystidiata]------------------------------------------[Ps. Stuntzii]--------------------------------------------[Ps. Baeocystis]----------------------|

InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower

Folding@home Statistics
    #24504816 - 07/24/17 11:16 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

What's the deal with these grass species? They grow on Hpoo, right? But you still need the grains, unlike with woodlovers?

--------------------
The best things in life

OfflineTheDuder
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

#24504942 - 07/24/17 12:44 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

From what I've picked up they don't really grow ON hpoo but through it.
Its kinda like there fertilizer I think, I'm not sure as I've only found grass cincts.

I was thinking if I can get it onto grain, ill spawn it to coir and case it in hpoo :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower

Folding@home Statistics
    #24504973 - 07/24/17 01:08 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I'd just spawn directly to horse poo then, or is there a reason that that won't work?

--------------------
The best things in life

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures