Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: WTF??? [Re: trendal]
    #2451821 - 03/19/04 02:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The only statements I consider useless are those attacking another's viewpoints.

It's not an attack Tren. (perception, perception)

Saying one is dead the minute that they are dead has no meaning.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: WTF??? [Re: Swami]
    #2451856 - 03/19/04 02:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Other than pointing out the obvious, something most humans seem to enjoy doing :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: WTF??? [Re: Frog]
    #2454289 - 03/20/04 12:44 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with trendal, and I'll go further by saying that 'Synchronicities are my manna from heaven,' and I have considered them to be so for a quarter of a century. It is also correct to refer to meaningful coincidences as 'Providence,' since 'Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principal,' was Jung's psychological rendering of the Principle upon which the Chinese philosophy of the I Ching was based, and which his friend Richard Wilhelm explained to him. Meanwhile, Providence of GOD is an equally ancient philosophy which most of us learned about in some way from childhood. It is funny that, like Dorothy's trip to Oz, we all have to travel to realms of mind and ancient times to arrive at a Truth that we always have known. On the other hand, there is that Zen saying (borrowed by Donovan in that song), 'First there is a mountain - Then there is no mountain - Then there is.' We all require an Enlightenment experience in order to awaken us to the Truth that we have known about, but have never Known by experience.

Synchronicity-Providence lends meaning to my mundane existence. The occurances inject meaning into meaninglessness. They are sometimes like dots in a puzzle that become connected with years in between, or from waking life to dream life. There is nothing to scoff about here. Those who are trapped in the 'Lower Countenance' - the lower spheres on the Kabbalistic Tree of Life - who have not risen to Tiphereth and endeavored to dwell there, CANNOT possibly have this vision of The Way [things are]. Their opinions are not informed by the continual, indeed continuous (but we are 'asleep' much of the time) communion with Providence. Their 'Yesodic' egos can only know the meaninglessly material interactions of secular existence, and chalk these things up to mathematical probability, i.e., 'chance' as a dim explanatory note for 'apparent' connections, or perhaps paranoid ideation - finding meaning and connection where none exist.

Pardon the Kabbalistic descriptors, but I am immersed in advanced study of this at the time, and thus I am seeing with Kabbalistic 'lenses' today. Peace.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: WTF??? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2454850 - 03/20/04 03:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

So, Trendal and Markos, where does one go to read about Synchronicity-Providence? What is the 'Lower Countenance'? Any recommended readings?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2455465 - 03/20/04 07:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Anything by Carl Jung on the topic of synchronicity is pretty good. There's lots to read around the net, as well :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2455534 - 03/20/04 08:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

TY!!

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: WTF??? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2455593 - 03/20/04 08:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
I agree with trendal, and I'll go further by saying that 'Synchronicities are my manna from heaven,' and I have considered them to be so for a quarter of a century. It is also correct to refer to meaningful coincidences as 'Providence,' since 'Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principal,' was Jung's psychological rendering of the Principle upon which the Chinese philosophy of the I Ching was based, and which his friend Richard Wilhelm explained to him. Meanwhile, Providence of GOD is an equally ancient philosophy which most of us learned about in some way from childhood. It is funny that, like Dorothy's trip to Oz, we all have to travel to realms of mind and ancient times to arrive at a Truth that we always have known. On the other hand, there is that Zen saying (borrowed by Donovan in that song), 'First there is a mountain - Then there is no mountain - Then there is.' We all require an Enlightenment experience in order to awaken us to the Truth that we have known about, but have never Known by experience.

Synchronicity-Providence lends meaning to my mundane existence. The occurances inject meaning into meaninglessness. They are sometimes like dots in a puzzle that become connected with years in between, or from waking life to dream life. There is nothing to scoff about here. Those who are trapped in the 'Lower Countenance' - the lower spheres on the Kabbalistic Tree of Life - who have not risen to Tiphereth and endeavored to dwell there, CANNOT possibly have this vision of The Way [things are]. Their opinions are not informed by the continual, indeed continuous (but we are 'asleep' much of the time) communion with Providence. Their 'Yesodic' egos can only know the meaninglessly material interactions of secular existence, and chalk these things up to mathematical probability, i.e., 'chance' as a dim explanatory note for 'apparent' connections, or perhaps paranoid ideation - finding meaning and connection where none exist.

Pardon the Kabbalistic descriptors, but I am immersed in advanced study of this at the time, and thus I am seeing with Kabbalistic 'lenses' today. Peace.

are there any books on this subject?

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Offlinejahfeelirie
meatwad

#2455602 - 03/20/04 08:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

From what I have read, Frog... It seems to me that you may have summed up your experience and answered your question when you said
---"These are just a handful of examples of common occurrences in my daily life, and it?s gotten to a point where I will just go for something, even if it might be risky, because I know it?s going to work out okay."---

many times i realize that something has worked out to my benefit because i tried it with the full knowledge that it will do just that.

nice thread by the way.

--------------------
my signature is too long

Offlinejahfeelirie
meatwad

#2455611 - 03/20/04 08:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

on a side... Frog, where'd you acquire that signature? Did you come up with it? If so, can I appropriate it? i love it!

--------------------
my signature is too long

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2456652 - 03/21/04 06:34 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

One time, I locked my keys in my car and the window was only open about an inch. I?m small-boned, but I couldn?t get my arm into the window. Some guy came by and got his arm in and unlocked the door. I swear, it was a really small crack.

I just want to say--I've locked my keys in my car like....freakin...3 times. And in one of times, the third time that is, I had to actually break my rear passenger window with a massive piece of concrete, just to get back in. It was 't3h suxx'. Drove around for weeks with a black duct-tape window..which constantly kept flapping up eventually, even with the ridiculous amount of tape I so strategically used.

Anyways, I went to a junkyard, way out there...and they had just the window for it. Junkyards evidently are a great cheap source for these types of car parts, although they dont do any installations for the most part. It would've otherwise costed well over hundreds of dollars just to get a new window AND installed in the car from a professional business. So after I got that installed..I knew I'd better come up with a concrete solution for this key-issue...So, I went to the local locksmith...and got three copys of my car keys made; one to keep in my wallet's pocket; one to keep tightly screwed behind my license plates (clever, huh?), and one to keep at home.

Now I can lock my keys in my car and still be like "ha! I'm safe, la dee da!"

Just thought I'd suggest it to ya.

:wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinejahfeelirie
meatwad

Re: WTF??? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2456778 - 03/21/04 08:25 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I knew I'd better come up with a concrete solution for this key-issue

sounds like you already had the right solution...concrete.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------
my signature is too long

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: WTF??? [Re: jahfeelirie]
    #2456841 - 03/21/04 09:05 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jahfeelirie said:
on a side... Frog, where'd you acquire that signature?  Did you come up with it?  If so, can I appropriate it?    i love it!

Help yourself.  I stole it from someone on another forum a long time ago.  :grin:

Skorpivo:  I can't believe you've only locked your keys in your car 3 times and you went to all that effort.  :grin:

I have locked my keys in the car so many times, I've lost count.  Once I threw them in the trash when driving through Tucson and I only found them when I traced my steps.  I couldn't believe it when my steps led me to the trash can, which was my last stop coming out of the store after buying stuff and using the bathroom.  :evil:

I have lost so many sets of car keys it's unreal. 

But I posted before that I did something similar as you did, Skorp.  There is a key in my wallet, one in my brief case, one in a hide-a-key box under my rear wheel well, and I gave one to a friend and one to an ex. 

Once, I let someone drill out the lock of my driver's side door, but it didn't work.  I still haven't replaced that lock, and I have to open my door from the passenger side.

See?  You got me going.  Keys are my bane.  I could go on for hours about keys.  Someone once told me, somewhat meanly, to duct tape a key to my forehead.  :sigh:

--------------------

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2457044 - 03/21/04 11:02 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

frog living in harmony

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: WTF??? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2457183 - 03/21/04 11:51 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I just want to say--I've locked my keys in my car like....freakin...3 times. And in one of times, the third time that is, I had to actually break my rear passenger window with a massive piece of concrete...

What an amazing piece of sychronicity that there "just happened" to be a big chunk o' concrete nearby!

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2457191 - 03/21/04 11:53 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm. Doesn't really seem like an example of syncronicity to me...if it wasn't a peice of concrete I'm sure he would have found a large rock laying around!

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2457220 - 03/21/04 12:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Therein lies the point Trendal, old bean. No one can point with any certitude towards anything and call it synchronicity.

Marcos states that one has to be in a high state of spiritual development to recognize such things. Well I live in a city (the murder capital of the USA) that thrives on apparent synchronicity (read: superstition) or non-causal realationships ("I won because it is Thursday and I was wearing my lucky hat!"). It is called Las Vegas and is growing exponentially because of this misunderstanding of cause and effect, hunches and probability.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2457227 - 03/21/04 12:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Again, I wouldn't consider gambling "luck" to be a form of syncronicity!

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2457248 - 03/21/04 12:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You might not, but untold numbers do. They are "synchronizing" some unrelated external factor with their luck. I see this type of mysticism as being NO different than any of the other sychronicities presented here.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2457316 - 03/21/04 12:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
You might not, but untold numbers do. They are "synchronizing" some unrelated external factor with their luck. I see this type of mysticism as being NO different than any of the other sychronicities presented here.

Excuse me, but MY examples are definitely something other than coincidence.

Yesterday, a guy with whom I used to share an office called to refer a criminal client to me.  He said I was so charmed, that the case couldn't possibly have a bad outcome.  :grin:

I still don't think it's just me being "charmed".  I think it is some of the things people have mentioned here.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2457336 - 03/21/04 12:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Guess we will never make "progress" on this issue. Most anything that cannot be predicted or caused and is only noted "after-the-fact" is imagination.

How can I say this? Because there are thousands of times where nothing at all happens. Because I am a student of mind and have some idea of how it works. If in one of your daily events, nothing happened and no one came to your aid, you would hardly report that here, now would you?

I have given this over-looked example before:

Take the World Series of Poker wherein there are maybe 10,000 entrants and only one champion. Whoever wins (and there HAS to be a winner) will have a story with mystical overtones, while the losers will no have no mystical stories. The winner is somehow special and destined.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order