Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineThreeKingsRP
Stranger

Loc: Michigan
Knots or just mycelium?
    #24501164 - 07/22/17 07:06 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I'm kind of having a hard time distinguishing the difference right now. I believe I have hyphal knots, some elongated. But I've had so little success lately I'm just doubting what's going on. If anyone can give me a positive answer on what I'm looking at, that'd be great. Just trying to keep constant FAE and staying the hell away from it. Haven't missed but once because my fan must've gotten bumped and was POINTING DIRECTLY AT IT. I was using the wax paper casing but I'm just afraid it's staying too wet underneath and it'll start to mold. Any tips are accepted with skepticism lol. Unless coming from a bad motherfucker

--------------------
It's a cold world so I keep 2 heaters.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCapnZ
Dimensional explorer
Male

Loc: In the Mystic
Re: Knots or just mycelium? [Re: ThreeKingsRP]
    #24501180 - 07/22/17 07:13 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

IMO you definitely have primordia forming which should turn into pins, but you may also have bacteria going on in there. Those puffy areas of elongated growth that are a bit yellowish don't loom quite right. You should still get some shrooms out of this.

Yeah don't point your fan right at your grow. A little while won't hurt it too badly. Just watch your moisture levels. I'm not a fan of using wax paper for casing.

--------------------
Deep into the darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before...

OfflineThreeKingsRP
Stranger

Loc: Michigan
Re: Knots or just mycelium? [Re: CapnZ]
    #24501184 - 07/22/17 07:17 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah the discoloration from what I can find may be mycogone. There's a larger blob of it but I didn't take a pic of it just because I'm pretty sure that's what it is from looking through the forums. The wax paper was really making me nervous though especially with that little contam going on. Hoping it'll have little effect.

--------------------
It's a cold world so I keep 2 heaters.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation