Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineScalerunner
Stranger
 User Gallery

what sort of contamination is going on here?
    #24498775 - 07/21/17 03:39 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

these are oat jars where i followed bods tek. 

here is what appears to me as a healthy agar dish, but im wondering is anyone notices some sort of mold or something.
in this jar i can see where i dropped my agar and where it is colonizing.  on the other side of the jar there is a big chunk of greyish shit.

another jar with the same issue. 
[
http:// another jar of rapidly colonizing greyish shit. 

this isnt healthy or salvageable im guessing right?

another one bites the dust

anyway, i think i have mold in my basement because everything i have been doing with my own grains and my agar is getting fucked.  i am following bods sab tek, watched the videos and everything.  being extra careful, experimenting with my pc and all... so far its been a waste of time and money it would appear.  im not giving up.  i have moved into the bathroom which is in an addition and just made a new batch of malt ex agar and washed the entire bathroom down with bleach water.  hoping for much better results.  gonna start from scratch even though i have some healthy looking agar plates.  any advice, words of wisdom would be appreciated.  gonna have to tackle the basement at some point because i suspect that is the source of contamination?

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePipefitter537
You're Not Yelping
 User Gallery

Loc: SodoSopa
Re: what sort of contamination is going on here? [Re: Scalerunner]
    #24498937 - 07/21/17 04:49 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Looks like there is some bacteria on you plate. That snotty looking shit on the bottom right of the pic
Also your jars, if the myc looks like it hit a wall and stops colonizing, that is a sign of bacteria as well, as your fourth picture shows

--------------------
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"-Bullet Tooth Tony

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation