Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

the ethereal self * 1
    #24496371 - 07/20/17 01:35 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I am as much my brain as I am the muscles in my face. Our true selves are ethereal, and we exist in this realm in a physical shell.

Do you agree with the above statement? Do you feel "you," ultimately, are your brain, or your awareness of it?

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGreen7Alchemist
Draco
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mayami
Re: the ethereal self [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #24496413 - 07/20/17 01:55 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

i feel all of them because they are all within me.

simply by saying I, that is a demonstration of my awareness of myself, the brain is the control for our nervous system and what not so its as much of us as I, it is the awareness of the body.

--------------------
Trip 7
THUG - ISLAM - BIBLE
streets disciple
CHRIST IS KING.

Sunshine said: "Gangsters are super heroes"

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #24496499 - 07/20/17 02:38 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Do I feel it ? No. I think that is the miracle to not feel it.
Even I know it to be true.
But I even know that that what is kept there inbetween this skullbones is much more than just a representation of the cage it lives in.
It is a communication device for our transcending (that cage).

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: the ethereal self [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #24496512 - 07/20/17 02:47 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Everyday life, no, I cannot feel it. Though, I have on some mushrooms before.

My question is, to beings of light, how all these things are manifested?

It's a pretty neat trick our brains play, filtering universe so we may comprehend experience.

Some say, mind is not in brain, but brain is in 'mind'.

:popcorn:

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: the ethereal self [Re: HamHead]
    #24496544 - 07/20/17 03:07 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Manifestation is just things falling into place (with some effort) :sun:

And yes, our brains filter the changes from the givens. One can easily experience that by putting some halfed pingpong balls over ones eyes, and stare for a minute or so... the visuals go black (even if they had been yellow pingpong balls), because there is no change... We only recognize change.

Brain-Mind relationship: We need our brain for the translation from our mind ...

:3rd_eye:

Invisiblecez
 User Gallery
    #24496580 - 07/20/17 03:23 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

There is no "true self."  The idea of one seems like wishful thinking imo.

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
    #24496581 - 07/20/17 03:23 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Generally yes I agree with the statement.

I see the brain as more of a tool that our mind/consciousness uses to manifest itself in a physical reality. It does it through the use of ego and a sense of an individualized self.

There are plenty of ideas out there along the lines of the brain being a conduit for spiritual activity and there being various primal dividers that keep things separate. We are constantly trying to assert ourselves in the present, see ourselves in the future, and remember ourselves in the past. I don't know where I'm going with that.

--------------------
"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.” - Gandalf The Grey.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm HAMMERED DRUNK!" - Cal Naughton Jr. AKA The Magic Man. Abracadabra homes!

"Each tear is a drop of poison released." - Anonymous

"Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say if they knew you believe in God above? They should realize before they criticize that God is the only way to Love."

Offlinekenp
one with nature
Male

Re: the ethereal self [Re: LRG]
    #24496645 - 07/20/17 04:02 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I personally believe there is sometheing that goes far beyond our ordinary consciousness and everyday awareness.

I don't think it all ends at the brain, i believe we have the brain, then the stream of thoughts, and then the awareness that we have behind the stream of thoughts, and this goes on all the way back to the source life which springs into every living thing.

Just like Terence Mckenna once said: You are a  divine being. You matter, you count. You come from realms of unimaginable power and light, and you will return to those realms.

--------------------
Chamomile, rosemary and lavender. three wonderful herbs!

The world is a fractal, and fractals are beauty and beauty is what holds the worlds together.

OfflineJaegar
Formless One
 User Gallery

#24503179 - 07/23/17 03:41 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

A dynamic complex organism. This feeling of self is an amazing adaptation.

A self also couldn’t be something you “have” (as we might say it), because then there would be another little man hiding behind it and owning the self. It also couldn’t be something deep inside yourself, because the you would be identical with only one of your constituting parts. We are living systems, embodied, dynamic. In short, there is no thing in the brain or outside in the world, which is us. We are processes. - Thomas Metzinger

Offlinenameless1
Stranger
    #24512580 - 07/27/17 07:10 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DividedQuantum said:
I am as much my brain as I am the muscles in my face.

I am as much my brain as I am the muscles in my face as I am the sun and moon and stars and deep space and all the galaxies; We Are, by Nature, Universal!

"It is not the eye that perceives light and color, nor the ear that perceives sound, nor the brain that perceives thought!"

Quote:

Our true selves are ethereal, and we exist in this realm in a physical shell.

You are mistaking a holographic 'thought' with 'physical'. The slightest magnification puts the lie to 'physical/material' as anything other than an appearance of magnification. All is made of the same essential ingredients; Mind/Consciousness.
There is no differences/distinctions (other than in the schizophrenia of thought/ego/duality), no 'true self vs false self, (t)here is Self!

Quote:

Do you agree with the above statement?

Nope.

Quote:

Do you feel "you," ultimately, are your brain, or your awareness of it?

Nope. Besides, feelings are thoughts, and the Wise NEVER believe anything that they think or feel!
We do not manufacture and store 'thoughts' in that wet lump of meat rattling around in our skulls! We uniquely perceive that which is before us, and that includes 'thought'! The poor souls stuck on the 'hard problem' (mind vs body) are so because they do not understand this!

Offlinebeforethedawn
Re: the ethereal self [Re: nameless1]
    #24514138 - 07/28/17 02:33 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

There is only Reality. The mental construct before us is complex however. There are other bodies, for sure.

--------------------
Hostile humankind
Can't you see you're fucking blind?

InvisibleKhancious
da Crow
Male User Gallery

Loc: Behind Everything
Re: the ethereal self [Re: beforethedawn] * 2
    #24514398 - 07/28/17 04:57 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

The only thing I know is what is, and what that is, I don't know.

:nicesmile:

--------------------
I am that, which is.

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: the ethereal self [Re: beforethedawn]
    #24514409 - 07/28/17 05:01 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

If it's not physical it's not there. Neuroscience. We're not ghosts.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

OfflineDeesKnots
Aspiring Mycologist
Male

Loc: Vermont Flag
Re: the ethereal self [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #24514460 - 07/28/17 05:19 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Explain out of body experience/astral projection in the physical sense for me please

--------------------
~Imagine the Big Bang was only a neuron firing in a brain that belonged to a fly~
"All mushrooms are edible, some only once"
"I'm inhibiting the inhibitors that inhibit me!" ~Andrew
:peace:&:heart:

OfflineDeesKnots
Aspiring Mycologist
Male

Re: the ethereal self [Re: DeesKnots]
    #24514488 - 07/28/17 05:26 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Anyone's sense of self is construed by perception, if one can conceive an image of self based upon how they feel/what they have done it is just an illusion of thought. We are not of self, we are dynamic as someone said above, a conglomeration of processes and organisms that work together to sustain a "closed" system of functionality that we know as life. That explanation is easily perceived as just the physical aspect but for consciousness to be I could only imagine there is more involved than we can explain in the pysical dimension we usually perceive

--------------------
~Imagine the Big Bang was only a neuron firing in a brain that belonged to a fly~

Offlinebeforethedawn
Re: the ethereal self [Re: DeesKnots] * 2
    #24514562 - 07/28/17 05:59 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

It's not physical, and is likely held in place with something more like magic.

Objects are not objects. Everything is on a frequency. Sure the shape stays there but the object is no longer what it was.

We think of our electromagnetism and atomic physics as really modern but it's probably no better approach than speculation. Sure we end up with computers and cars and really tall buildings but it is not progress, it's just a consequence of inquiry.

The proper approach is consciousness and the frequencies or vibration of your being.

--------------------
Hostile humankind
Can't you see you're fucking blind?

OfflineDeesKnots
Aspiring Mycologist
Male

Re: the ethereal self [Re: beforethedawn]
    #24514640 - 07/28/17 06:38 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think the word magic gives a proper sense of the stuff though. And let me tell you it's sure not held in place indefinitely... I'm really not good with thought to word process so bear with me please..

Everyone is composed of a physical self , clearly as we assume existence this moment. We will refer to the physical as "you" or "me" as stated above a messy blob of various cell types at least slightly aware of what they're doing, or at least know how to do it because it's happening...

So your brain is in fact part of this cellular concoction of process that is indefinitely happening so either there is "I" (the soul/ethereal self) that is basically plugged into the body in a way surely not similar to wireless connection, which possesses the ability to be conscious. It's either that or the cells are infinitely more intelligent and conscious then I am, and have tricked themselves into believing they are separate.

What makes more sense? How the fuck should I know? We know nothing...

--------------------

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#24515488 - 07/29/17 05:53 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

We know what DNA is.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

OfflineDeesKnots
Aspiring Mycologist
Male

Re: the ethereal self [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #24515939 - 07/29/17 10:55 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Who is we?

--------------------

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#24516079 - 07/29/17 12:03 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Humanity in a general sense.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom