Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHerbalistae
Nocturnal
Male

Loc: OH Flag
Contamination Guidance
    #24494882 - 07/19/17 09:07 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

10 days ago, I have inoculated 6 BRF cakes with PE. 13 days ago I inoculated 6 BRF cakes with B+. I have run into some minor problems. First off,  when I went to check on the cakes after returning home from a week vacation in florida, two cakes have ben slightly tipped. not to the full extent to where they were on their side but so where they were at a slight degree. I don't believe they were the contaminated cakes. but I didn't take the time to check. second, Like I said, I was on a week vacation in florida. I am not sure when the accused penicillium colonized, but I question if prolonged exposure to the other cakes could increase the risk of the other 10 getting contaminated.

Problem number one: A singular cake of PE has been contaminated with evidence of what I think is a mass pool of metabolites. I may be incorrect, further confirmation is needed.

Problem number two: A singular cake of B+ has been contaminated with what I believe is Penicillium, due to the fact of a high colonization rate and bluish green spores. I may be incorrect, further confirmation is needed.

Problem number three: The incubator that these precious cakes have been colonizing in is questioning me. Now that two cakes have been contaminated in the incubator, is there a higher risk that the rest will?

Any advice or recommendations with be thoroughly accepted. Forgive me if there are any typos or misspellings.

--------------------
oh god what have i done

Edited by Herbalistae (07/19/17 09:07 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMr.Mushie402
Magic Marauder
Male User Gallery

Re: Contamination Guidance [Re: Herbalistae]
    #24495084 - 07/19/17 11:05 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Do you have a filter on those jars? What are you using for ge? As long as they are not open to the air of the incubator they should not contam other jars. Take them outside to dump them. Never open them in your house otherwise you get a sporesplosion of whatever that is.
Also, what is your reason for the incubator? Jars colonize best at room temp and anything over 80 degrees f encourages growth of the nasties.

OfflineHerbalistae
Nocturnal
Male

Re: Contamination Guidance [Re: Mr.Mushie402]
    #24495969 - 07/20/17 11:56 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

The only think preventing outside contamination from getting in is the vermiculite barrier. for GE I have an light air pump that just needs a new cord. I'm getting that today. And no I have not opened the jars inside because like you said, boom boom on the cake cake. Now for the incubator, I don't believe its doing anything at all, only a couple degrees added if anything. My house thermostat is set at 70~75 degrees and my incubator from what I feel only ads a degree or so, and then the added temperature from the mycelial growth adds up to at most a few degrees. so really the incubator is just somewhere when I can store the cakes where they recycle their own heat. The highest temperature the incubator could go is about 79 degrees.

--------------------
oh god what have i done

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Contamination Guidance [Re: Herbalistae]
    #24498217 - 07/21/17 10:58 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

The other cakes don't catch the contamination they're in glass jars with filters to keep out contamination

You don't need an incubator if your temperature is between 65-75
Incubators encourage contamination

--------------------
Everything you need in one spot.

My Q&A thread. Ask me questions here rather than in Private Message
Bod's chat thread
Buy Bod a beer:
BTC: 1G7roCpYmNp4VqnKySQeBkaFTc7JMzKLpL
ETH: 0x2091cE981af8129986C50AC0818e1aCA76076768
DOGE: DQNyGtUNHwYUrGECag1VRmMcf6QVeTY4V1

OfflineHerbalistae
Nocturnal
Male

Re: Contamination Guidance [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24498347 - 07/21/17 12:04 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Duly noted

--------------------
oh god what have i done

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation