Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekwshrooms
New grower
 User Gallery

Help, Grey Mycelium on Yellow Oyster Block W/pics Contam, or ???
    #24489148 - 07/17/17 09:55 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to figure out whats up with this block, it fruited once, rested, and is now fruiting again. No signs of trich, good smell, and mushrooms tasted great from first flush.

Any ideas what this is? I noticed it after cleaning the room with bleach. Just sort of popped up, no early warning, and no red flags, but maybe I missed something? Sides of the bag are white, no grey at all.

Going to move this outside to isolate, but please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekwshrooms
New grower
 User Gallery

Re: Help, Grey Mycelium on Yellow Oyster Block W/pics Contam, or ??? [Re: kwshrooms]
    #24490100 - 07/17/17 06:57 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

40 views and no comments?

Has no one seen this happen? Or am I missing something on this?

Thanks all

OfflineShirak
Uhhhh
Male
Re: Help, Grey Mycelium on Yellow Oyster Block W/pics Contam, or ??? [Re: kwshrooms]
    #24490212 - 07/17/17 07:59 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Can't say I have ever seen that but whatever it is doesn't look good based on the clusters that got covered up by whatever it is on the top of the block.

OfflineQuadman
Challenged
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL Flag
Re: Help, Grey Mycelium on Yellow Oyster Block W/pics Contam, or ??? [Re: Shirak]
    #24491216 - 07/18/17 08:45 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Is it possible they were spores from first flush?

--------------------

Offlinekwshrooms
New grower
 User Gallery

Re: Help, Grey Mycelium on Yellow Oyster Block W/pics Contam, or ??? [Re: Shirak]
    #24491605 - 07/18/17 12:39 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shirak said:
Can't say I have ever seen that but whatever it is doesn't look good based on the clusters that got covered up by whatever it is on the top of the block.

Hey Shirak, The few that were covered up were aborts from first flush, opened the bag a little early I think.

Quote:

Quadman said:
Is it possible they were spores from first flush?

Hey Quadman,
Thats what i was thinking and to be honest that's what I was hoping to hear :smile:  I'm so new & full of doubt due to an issue with 2 other syringes this vendor sent me.

its fruiting all the way around the top and looking really good otherwise. I put it outside yesterday and seems to be getting better.

Thanks for the input guys.

OfflineQuadman
Challenged
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL Flag
    #24492285 - 07/18/17 05:27 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Are the bare spots where you tore fruits off? Did you harvest late? Then if so that would be the logical answer.

--------------------

Offlinekwshrooms
New grower
 User Gallery

Re: Help, Grey Mycelium on Yellow Oyster Block W/pics Contam, or ??? [Re: Quadman]
    #24492603 - 07/18/17 07:46 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Yes they are, and not really, but maybe, ahh hell still figuring out the exact timing. doing several strains the same time with a monkey wrench thrown into my green process.

I have Blue, Pink, Yellow,black Oyster & King going, but my first batch of pinks turned out to be mis labelled from vendor, ended up getting the blue instead of the pink. They realized there mistake and offered me a Grow kit instead of a syringe as they couldn't guarantee what I would get for culture. All there cultures were much slower than my Black Oysters which I cloned a few months back.

Hard lessons learned over the past couple weeks. I have all the above strains on agar, and trying to clean them up.

OfflineShirak
Uhhhh
Male
    #24492830 - 07/18/17 09:26 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

They look better in the update photo.  More white than grey now.  Looks like one on top is starting to poke through also.  I Think Quadman hit it on the head with his call.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale