Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Dehydrator, Gypsum, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineXxnohopexX
Stranger
Bulk
    #24488981 - 07/17/17 08:53 AM (4 months, 2 days ago)

Hello. Im planning on starting my first bulk grow this week. And wanted to make sure ive got the general idea. From what i understand once you have your spawn ready (100%) you mix it with substrate to add nutrients and let the mixture colonize. After it is 100% you case to induce fruiting?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblebodhisattaM
☕ Rocket Surgeon
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bulk [Re: XxnohopexX]
    #24488999 - 07/17/17 09:29 AM (4 months, 2 days ago)

The spawn is the nutrition actually.
Casing isn't necessary and you can put into fruiting conditions at 100% colonization or earlier

OfflineHalf-ass Astronaut
Professional amateur

Re: Bulk [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24490229 - 07/17/17 10:07 PM (4 months, 1 day ago)

yeah,

once your jars are fully white and completely taken a hold of my mycellium, you shake them up enough to remove the grains or seed them from the jars. DONT OVER SHAKE THEM because you can slow the growth process down.

mix them with a pasteurized substrate of manure, coir, gypsum and vermiculite.
i do, 1/3 of manure, verm, coir and about 1 percent gypsum with great results.

dump half of your sub into the monotub, then open and dump in all your colonized grains. lightly break up any clumps of mycellium/grain clusters. then dump in about 80% of the other half and mix the sub and grain thoroughly. dont forget to mix the corners up.

once its all mixed up, use your fingers to spread it around and make a flat surface(like a rake)  lightly pat it down with your palm so its a nice level surface. DONT  OVERLY COMPRESS THE MIX !!! THE MYCELLIUM NEEDS AIRSPACE TO MAKE ITS SPAWN RUN.

take your left over sub and lightly layer the mix so its about 1/4" thick. i have found that giving it a small layer on top helps with pinset and  makes harvesting WAY easier, you can just twist and the fruits come right out without destroying the sub underneath it.

once your prep is done, cover the tub with the lid and tape over the holes you drilled into the sides to keep High CO2 levels. let it be for no less than 10 days. DONT OPEN THE LID !  the tub will naturally vent and go through a process called GAS EXCHANGE

after about 2 days youll start to see white breaking the surface and the mycellium making its run eating everything it can in its path. after roughly 10 days, the surface will be covered in white "snow fall". let it sit for another couple of days for it to finish eating and start to revert to fruiting stage.

youll see a bunch of tiny white dots forming in the top layer, those white dots will turn to pins and start to sprout. thats when you want to take the tapes off the holes and stuff them with poly-fill so the mycellium can breathe. this is called FRESH AIR EXCHANGE. let them grow and mist 2 or 3 times a day.

thats the jist of it

InvisiblebodhisattaM
☕ Rocket Surgeon
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bulk [Re: Half-ass Astronaut]
    #24491370 - 07/18/17 12:21 PM (4 months, 1 day ago)

Your tub should colonize in ten days or less actually. And you can remove the lid.
I put into fruiting conditions at 50-80% colonized. Some people put their tubs into fruit conditions the same day they spawn

With monotubs you shouldn't have to mist 2-3 times a day. Theyre set and forget. done right you don't have to mist at all

OfflineMsBehavinQuitter
Stranger
    #24493816 - 07/19/17 11:12 AM (4 months, 2 hours ago)

https://erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_mmgg.shtml#Checkout_Terrarium

This is the tek im currently following. Its written in English and very clear.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
☕ Rocket Surgeon
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bulk [Re: MsBehavinQuitter]
    #24493833 - 07/19/17 11:22 AM (4 months, 2 hours ago)

I would pick a tek that is newer than 21 years old
And stay off erowid for cultivation info

InvisibleJewishLawyer
Gypsy Witch
I'm a teapot

Loc: Iraniganistan
    #24493856 - 07/19/17 11:33 AM (4 months, 2 hours ago)

:whathesaid: look on this site for information, must more up to date and knowledgable

but essentially you have the right chronological order, the nutrition is actually in the grain spawn though...

Any idea what grains you're going to use? (that link won't load for me)

Also, Half-ass seems to make it way too complicated, I just use coir, verm and gypsum but you can 100% just use coir, go through Bodhi's cultivation link and look at:

his coir/bucket tek
spawning to a monotub tek

--------------------
Niffla said:

my dog ate some of my peyote, unlocked the secrets of the universe and now has tenure at Yale

Professional amateur

#24495138 - 07/19/17 11:45 PM (3 months, 30 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Your tub should colonize in ten days or less actually. And you can remove the lid.
I put into fruiting conditions at 50-80% colonized. Some people put their tubs into fruit conditions the same day they spawn

With monotubs you shouldn't have to mist 2-3 times a day. Theyre set and forget. done right you don't have to mist at all

i start to see colonization in about 2 or 3 days, but i let it go for atleast 10 so its fully taken over. so far ive had great results with being patient (which is hard for me).

i also have found misting to be extremely beneficial.  they seem to boost up in size after heavy misting and no rotting fruits (which people say happens if you mist too much)

Professional amateur

Re: Bulk [Re: JewishLawyer]
    #24495143 - 07/19/17 11:50 PM (3 months, 30 days ago)

Quote:

JewishLawyer said:
:whathesaid: look on this site for information, must more up to date and knowledgable

but essentially you have the right chronological order, the nutrition is actually in the grain spawn though...

Any idea what grains you're going to use? (that link won't load for me)

Also, Half-ass seems to make it way too complicated, I just use coir, verm and gypsum but you can 100% just use coir, go through Bodhi's cultivation link and look at:

his coir/bucket tek
spawning to a monotub tek

that may be, but the way i look at it. Coir is expensive compared to the free manure that i have an abundance of. yeah, driving 30 minutes to get a bunch of 5 gallon buckets of fresh manure for free, then drying, and breaking it up took some time. but ive had great results using poo. I spent time doing it, but learned a lot so......

InvisiblebodhisattaM
☕ Rocket Surgeon
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bulk [Re: Half-ass Astronaut]
    #24495190 - 07/20/17 12:21 AM (3 months, 30 days ago)

Show us some of these results :popcorn:

Professional amateur

#24519060 - 07/30/17 09:41 PM (3 months, 19 days ago)

my last two tubs. these were third flush, and i had to leave for the weekend so i lost a lot due to over sporing and simply could not fit them all into the dehydrator.

two recent tubs:

im not saying im a pro at this. but ive got contams eliminated and have had massive harvests.there is always room for improvement, those were my first bulk tubs(ive done a few dub tubs before going large) im not saying coir is the wrong way to go, ive just had pretty good success with manure. since i found coir in bulk for a good price i think ill eventually use that instead of manure since its easier to prepare.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Dehydrator, Gypsum, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started