Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinebeforethedawn
Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know
    #24488811 - 07/17/17 02:57 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

:sunny:

(sun means, "discuss")

Another know-it-all thread about the Self brought to you by some really satisfied guy.

--------------------
Hostile humankind
Can't you see you're fucking blind?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: beforethedawn]
    #24488812 - 07/17/17 03:02 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

A brief glimpse may be achieved.
Just enough to question what you believed.
Peeking behind the curtain.
Means no longer ever certain.

The magnitude of your own inadequacy.
Can bring comfort or remorse.
Your self important fallacy.
Once seen can induce discourse.

You see maybe we aren't meant to.
See I mean.
Easier or harder now to get through.
Confusing interlaced with just being.

The connections themselves make up.
For the ramifications of the empty cup.
I've been again broken down.
Im no more than the passing conversation that is boomtown.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

OfflineDeadfrancis
I am you
Male User Gallery
Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: pineninja]
    #24495142 - 07/19/17 09:49 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Confusion and sinballs (it's a curse) [now it's a curse] [(now it isn't)]

Offlineghost914
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: Deadfrancis]
    #24497376 - 07/20/17 09:19 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Knowing yourself is knowing that you can control yourself and your surroundings, there only is nothing to know if you know nothing.

Offlinegraceful dragon
omni-love
 User Gallery

Loc: flight
Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: ghost914]
    #24497431 - 07/20/17 09:49 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I met a girl named Boney Maronie
She's as skinny as a stick of macaronie
*bow* "Encore! Encore!"

InvisibleGreen7Alchemist
Draco
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mayami
Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: graceful dragon]
    #24498750 - 07/21/17 01:24 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

infinity between
where
the index and the thumb meet
ommmm

--------------------
Trip 7
THUG - ISLAM - BIBLE
streets disciple
CHRIST IS KING.

Sunshine said: "Gangsters are super heroes"

OfflineJustABoxOfRain

Loc: Under my LSD bedsheets
Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: Green7Alchemist]
    #24498766 - 07/21/17 01:34 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Who wants to know?

--------------------
Brotherhood of Eternal Love

I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe. I was not offended, for I knew I had to rise above it all, or drown in my own shit

InvisibleGreen7Alchemist
Draco

Loc: Mayami
Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: JustABoxOfRain]
    #24498773 - 07/21/17 01:38 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

nosey nombs

--------------------
Trip 7
THUG - ISLAM - BIBLE
streets disciple
CHRIST IS KING.

Sunshine said: "Gangsters are super heroes"

Offlinebeforethedawn
Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: Green7Alchemist]
    #24499476 - 07/21/17 07:10 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

:yoda2: Interesting, my thread has become.

--------------------
Hostile humankind

Offlineusername909
Stranger
Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: beforethedawn] * 1
    #24503633 - 07/23/17 07:18 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

How do you know there is nothing to know?

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: username909] * 1
    #24503661 - 07/23/17 07:35 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

We seperate ourselves from ultimate knowledge when we assume that each mind is ultimately separated.

The Great Library is the liberty of the singular 'oneself'.

Offlinenameless1
Stranger
Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: beforethedawn]
    #24512546 - 07/27/17 06:57 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

beforethedawn said:
Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know

Your assertion fails in so many ways;
1) It lacks internal consistency, or are you claiming both assertions true at the same time?
2) Knowledge = experience/perception.
Everything exists! That which exists is perceived/experienced/Known. All is Known, all exists.
3) There exists no 'nothing' (other than as an obsolete and meaningless word) to Know ('nothing' cannot be 'known/experienced', so there cannot ever be "there is nothing to know" ).
We can only Know that which exists.

All Knowledge is of Self! Self is all there is to Know!

Existence = the complete Universe = Nature = Reality = Consciousness = Truth = Love = 'Self!' = God = Brahman = Tao = ... etc....
ALL INCLUSIVE!!
'One'!

"God cannot know himself without me."  - Meister Eckhart

"The eye by which I see God is the same as the eye by which God sees me. My eye and God's eye are one and the same." - Meister Eckhart

OfflineDeadfrancis
I am you
Male User Gallery
Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: nameless1]
    #24518220 - 07/30/17 02:06 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

He's the kind of person that wears that horse mask and doesn't understand how representative it is of his own identity.

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: Deadfrancis]
    #24518229 - 07/30/17 02:09 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Much do they say in the masquerade.

Offlinebeforethedawn
Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: Duncan Rowhl] * 1
    #24519002 - 07/30/17 07:11 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

It's not a philosophical statement, it's literature for those who get it, who probably understand the gist of Self anyway, so the thread is pointless, but isn't everything? I like to shroomery and chill.

How much do you guys know about me? Have we met? Isn't it a projection your making, absolutely certainly a projection? So you're only talking about yourself or your past.

The ego is not your amigo.

Slowly the ego will destroy you, you have to slowly destroy it.

If I act too self-assertively it's because most of you guys are hopeless. Ya do what ya can.

--------------------
Hostile humankind

Offlinebeforethedawn
    #24519009 - 07/30/17 07:15 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

So what I'm saying is everyone knows. That's the thread title.

And no I didn't really read your post.

Fuck I'm good.

--------------------
Hostile humankind

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

#24519016 - 07/30/17 07:19 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

beforethedawn said:
Fuck I'm good.

T'least that what thy ego b'think. :wink:

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: Duncan Rowhl]
    #24519764 - 07/31/17 06:49 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Since eastern schools say the self does not exist, this thread makes a lot of sense. World is illusion. Therefore I am.:smile:

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #24520457 - 07/31/17 01:24 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

There is a lot to know, you missed it ?

Offlinebeforethedawn
Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #24523906 - 08/02/17 12:05 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

The Self is all knowledge. All knowledge is just revelations of the Self in small amounts.

It is the All. It contains the feeling of superiority, of achievement, of knowing, of intellectual supremacy.

It is the eternal journey, and you can take it with your eyes closed, seeing nothing, warm in bed.

With your dog.

And the heater going.

Get up for nibbles later...

wtf am I saying

--------------------
Hostile humankind

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
    #24524022 - 08/02/17 02:08 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know but I was just starting to get all warm and fuzzy.:llamastare:

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: pineninja] * 1
    #24524270 - 08/02/17 07:09 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Words can confuse. So here goes. Knowing the self through self remembering can lead to consciousness. Consciousness that the self never existed. It was just a memory to distract us from staying present and in the moment.

Constantly recollecting that memory of our selves and other selves interacting with each other and the world around us. This is how we are chained to the idea that the self exists.

Discrimination and judgement based on the self identifying with good and bad out there. In a black and white emotional world. This is delusional and false. It has always been the downfall of the human race. Good and bad are just relative ideas in our minds.

Enlightened beings have transcended the self to find true connection with universal energy. Planetary energy is about being under the influence of this planet. If we observe life on this planet its quite predatory. One thing devours another thing.

This idea of self is a Pandora's box. Examine it and there are a multitude of selves within us. Some of those selves are quite hostile to other selves. Press the right "buttons" and an "identity" appears to sabotage the designs of the last actor in our personal play of true madness.

Mostly we don't see this because we are conditioned from a young age to ignore it. Our parents and teachers go to great lengths to discourage this kind of awareness. Yet these selves that masquerade under the singularity of self have been moulded by those people.

When we are young we do notice it. An emotional outburst where we feel our energy to be similar to a dominant personality in our life. We become like our perception of them momentarily. As we get older all of this gets moulded into our personality. None of it is real for it is just acting. We are all copy cats trying to survive and protect this precious self that took so many years to construct.

Know thyself then kill off those selves. This is the symbolic death that stillness can lead to. Confused? This self is but that other one isn't....:smile:

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #24524847 - 08/02/17 12:36 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

beforethedawn said:
The Self is all knowledge. All knowledge is just revelations of the Self in small amounts.

It is the All. It contains the feeling of superiority, of achievement, of knowing, of intellectual supremacy.

It is the eternal journey, and you can take it with your eyes closed, seeing nothing, warm in bed.

With your dog.

And the heater going.

Get up for nibbles later...

wtf am I saying

That sadly can't be true, as deprived children show.
It's a combination from internal and external factors and stimuli which build the self.

Offlinebeforethedawn
Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #24529035 - 08/04/17 02:08 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

We don't really know the primordial environment that a human is supposed to emerge out of however. We are in an artificial one.

--------------------
Hostile humankind

Offlinedaramantus
Stranger
    #25918754 - 04/06/19 02:06 AM (5 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

beforethedawn said:

all

the bookshelf is composed of books, if 100 books fit in the bookshelf, then the 100 books will make the whole bookshelf be filled, the moment you remove 1 book, a part that made the whole bookshelf is missing one piece. So a part is never included in "all", because there is nothing that makes up the "all", what is all to a bookshelf can be nothing to another bookshelf that fits 1000 books.
And the bookshelf is composed of its unique atoms that has nothing to do with another object. So what do you mean by this word "all"?

Edited by daramantus (04/06/19 02:17 AM)

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: daramantus]
    #25924451 - 04/09/19 07:23 AM (5 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

daramantus said:
Quote:

beforethedawn said:

all

the bookshelf is composed of books, if 100 books fit in the bookshelf, then the 100 books will make the whole bookshelf be filled, the moment you remove 1 book, a part that made the whole bookshelf is missing one piece. So a part is never included in "all", because there is nothing that makes up the "all", what is all to a bookshelf can be nothing to another bookshelf that fits 1000 books.
And the bookshelf is composed of its unique atoms that has nothing to do with another object. So what do you mean by this word "all"?

That all bookshelf's are contained within a singular room, house, town, country, continent, world, solar system, galaxy or universe - all of which make up an ultimate singular?

With this considered; where would you draw the line of constraint, if not drawing it short at a bookshelf to fit an analogy pertaining to bookshelfs?

By this consideration then, which gives light to the proposition that everything is always all, nothing can be ultimately missing - only divided in various degrees and regards of containment.

Edited by Duncan Rowhl (04/09/19 07:33 AM)

OfflineShroomsondeck
Psilocyborg :D

Loc: VA
Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: Heyowana]
    #25926024 - 04/10/19 12:52 AM (5 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Heyowana said:
Words can confuse. So here goes. Knowing the self through self remembering can lead to consciousness. Consciousness that the self never existed. It was just a memory to distract us from staying present and in the moment.

Constantly recollecting that memory of our selves and other selves interacting with each other and the world around us. This is how we are chained to the idea that the self exists.

Discrimination and judgement based on the self identifying with good and bad out there. In a black and white emotional world. This is delusional and false. It has always been the downfall of the human race. Good and bad are just relative ideas in our minds.

Enlightened beings have transcended the self to find true connection with universal energy. Planetary energy is about being under the influence of this planet. If we observe life on this planet its quite predatory. One thing devours another thing.

This idea of self is a Pandora's box. Examine it and there are a multitude of selves within us. Some of those selves are quite hostile to other selves. Press the right "buttons" and an "identity" appears to sabotage the designs of the last actor in our personal play of true madness.

Mostly we don't see this because we are conditioned from a young age to ignore it. Our parents and teachers go to great lengths to discourage this kind of awareness. Yet these selves that masquerade under the singularity of self have been moulded by those people.

When we are young we do notice it. An emotional outburst where we feel our energy to be similar to a dominant personality in our life. We become like our perception of them momentarily. As we get older all of this gets moulded into our personality. None of it is real for it is just acting. We are all copy cats trying to survive and protect this precious self that took so many years to construct.

Know thyself then kill off those selves. This is the symbolic death that stillness can lead to. Confused? This self is but that other one isn't....:smile:

This was amazing to read, i know i'm grave digging his reply but this is really deep and i relate hard core as should anyone. 5 stars for you heyowana.

--------------------

Always wait for a trusted identifier.

OnlineBrendanFlock
Stranger
Male

Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: Shroomsondeck]
    #25929732 - 04/11/19 10:16 PM (5 years, 6 days ago)

It's all semantics.. the subjective experience is free and easy there is really no other way out of eternity.. you sit, you stand, you make up, you conjecture.. all of these are noble responses to the weight or pressure of existence.

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut

Loc: SA Flag
Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: beforethedawn] * 1
    #25993797 - 05/15/19 05:09 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

1 Corinthians 8:2 "And if any man think that he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know it"

Socrates "The only thing that I know is that I know nothing"

Seeing your ignorance is the start to knowledge of self.

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

OfflineBuster_Brown
L'une
Male User Gallery

Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: OOISI]
    #25993872 - 05/15/19 06:34 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I suppose you're right, therefore my existence is based on supposition.

I know you're right (still a supposition)

You're wrong (supposition)

Now we're getting somewhere. (supposition)

Invisiblepacmanbreed
 User Gallery

Re: Knowing yourself is knowing something and there is nothing to know [Re: OOISI]
    #25993978 - 05/15/19 08:35 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OOISI said:
1 Corinthians 8:2 "And if any man think that he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know it"

Socrates "The only thing that I know is that I know nothing"

Seeing your ignorance is the start to knowledge of self.

1 Corinthians 8:2-3
2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

Seeing my ignorance is the start to knowledge of self.

:thumbup: thank for sharing man i love the quotes.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale