Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

LSD/Mushrooms
    #5243114 - 01/30/06 05:39 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

What are the differences about these substances? Please post everything you can. thanks. :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChristoph teh goat luvr
Drugstore Cowboy
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana Flag
Re: LSD/Mushrooms [Re: Anonymous]
    #5243127 - 01/30/06 05:42 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

This subject has been brought up over a million times! Really, use the search engine!

To sum it up. Their really isn't any way to describe the differences. You just need to try them both.

Anonymous

Re: LSD/Mushrooms [Re: Christoph teh goat luvr]
    #5243201 - 01/30/06 05:55 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Well...I have searched a little. Anyone?

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: LSD/Mushrooms [Re: Anonymous]
    #5243236 - 01/30/06 06:02 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

No buddy, there are some overasked questions that at least have their own spin on them. This one is as generic as they come. Please, use the search engine, it has been asked countless times. And if you've searched before, why would you not kick it off with what you've learned so far?

When searching, don't forget to change the date. The default one is only a month.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinemidnite_rider
Stranger
Loc: earth
Re: LSD/Mushrooms [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5243531 - 01/30/06 07:02 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

its like comparing apples and oranges...

--------------------
The lesson isn't what i tell you, but what it makes you think.

Offlinenatu
Grow trees,smoke trees.
Re: LSD/Mushrooms [Re: midnite_rider]
    #5243575 - 01/30/06 07:12 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

no difference

--------------------
Wise Man Say
Smile

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: LSD/Mushrooms [Re: natu]
    #5243735 - 01/30/06 07:41 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

LSD and Mushrooms are more different then they are alike IMO.

The obvious one: The duration, LSD lasts /much/ longer.

Also, I find LSD tends to be more lucid and less confusing than mushrooms. On LSD, I tend to feel more confident and able to go out/explore the world/etc, while on higher doses of mushrooms - there tends to be alot more confusion going on.

The visuals between the two are vastly different. A low/moderate dose of mushrooms for me, is mostly bending/warping of what is already there - waving surfaces, maybe some patterns forming ontop of things. *note: high dose visuals are much different.

LSD visuals - are another thing entierly. Some sensations I've had on LSD which I have /NEVER/ gotten on Mushrooms.

- Looking at paintings, and seeing it FULLY animate. Not just like, shifting eyes, but the picture 100% changing into something different and becomming a fully animated scene. Full of life, new landscapes, people, places, things, etc. A high dose hippyflip can cause animations/etc for me, but no where near the same level as LSD.

- Reflections of myself - even with no mirrors/etc. ie: Was sitting in the bathroom, with my lights off. I look down into my hands, I see myself looking back at me, then the image of myself opened its mouth and screamed, and I got sucked into myself.

I find on Mushrooms, the visuals /TEND/ to be based in reality - and just distortions of reality. While on LSD, the visuals can at times, seemingly have nothing to do with the reality infront of you, it can be very hard to determine what is 'real', and what is an hallucination.

At the same time - I still find it very easy to function, get around, etc - I dont find this to be terribly incapacitating.

ie: The building next to me may turn into a giant cartoon building that is humping a car driving past it.

LSD visuals also have a feeling of 'These visuals are going to be happening, even if I look at it or not' - you dont need to 'force' the visuals - they are there if you like it or not.

Another interesting visual-thing which I've noticed on LSD and not Mushrooms, is things like

- The city looking like giant robots like from, sky captian and the world of tomorrow

- Looking at a building on a hill, it turned into a temple like out a fantasy, the hill it was on, the 'base' of it seemed to disolve, and it looked like it was floating on an island in the sky

- My entire reality being 100% replaced by a repeating pattern. The sky, the ground, the trees, the buildings - everything, poof - gone, and just a repeating pattern that was interconnected.

- Having my face explode all over my computer monitor, and seeing myself blinking and laughing at me, and the image of me being sucked into the picture I was looking at

- The sensation of my entire being, being turned to paint and melting down a drain.

- The thought loops tend to be fairly iterative. I'll think 1 thing, then think a dozen things like that one which are all similar, but slightly different - this can make holding a conversation tricky :P Where on mushrooms, its more like a thought loop where I dwell on the same thought over, and over, and over, and over.

LSD visuals for me, are very over the top, very extreme, and even looking back on the trips - I cant even make sense of alot of them. The world looking like a giant paper-cutout diarama, swalling myself, seeing things that dont even exist.

LSD is more visual, but at the same time - not as confusing. You'd think being barraged with so many strange images would make it harder to handle - but, I find LSD to be easier to handle then a high dose of mushrooms. On a high dose of mush, I just want to/need to curl up in my bed and ride it out (I enjoy it mind you), where on LSD - once the peak passes, I want to go out, explore, I get energized.

But really - While they may both be psychedelics, and even share a few similarites - they are far more different than they are alike.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: LSD/Mushrooms [Re: kaniz]
    #5243765 - 01/30/06 07:47 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Hehe.... I knew someone would crack.

Why doesn't anyone use the search engine? Because we cave and answer their questions again anyway. That, or we just like talking.

:smile:

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Re: LSD/Mushrooms [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5243768 - 01/30/06 07:48 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I'm tired and dont feel like doing homework, and there is crap to watch on TV :smile: gotta fill the time somehow.

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

#5243881 - 01/30/06 08:20 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Damn you kaniz!
I'm so fucking jealous of the visuals you have experienced on LSD. I have had some intense ones on mushrooms but like you said they need to be FORCED. I feel like my life wont be complete until I finally get a chance to try LSD. LOL!! but seriously.
I just have never been able to trust the guy who tells me he can get me acid and for 5 bucks I will trip hard for 12 hours.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Offlinewigglehoff
Stranger
Re: LSD/Mushrooms [Re: musher_420]
    #5245379 - 01/31/06 03:40 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

musher_420 i know the price does seem cheep but that is what I have always paid and yes I have tripped for 8-12 hours.  I remember many a trip on LSD when you would think it was done 8 hours into it and then would get struck by another wave.  I think thats why I switched over to mushrooms because as someone who used to do acid on a regular basis it started to become too exhausting to trip for so long and although it might not be noticed right at the time it definitely is felt days after.  Mushrooms seem to taper off a little more friendly as far as I am concerned although maybe I just have a sensative system. :smile:

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: LSD/Mushrooms [Re: natu]
    #5245383 - 01/31/06 03:51 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

natu said:
no difference

youve obviously never tried them both.

When i tried LSD for the first time i was dumbfounded by how people said they were similar. They are very different.

The whole LSD is like mushrooms comes from the fact that its so hard to describe a trip that the closest thing people think of is, "well have you done mushrooms? Its kinda like that, but not"

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Re: LSD/Mushrooms [Re: sui]
    #5245657 - 01/31/06 07:34 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Some of the 'low level' effects of LSD are similar to Mushrooms. ie: surfaces shimmering/waving, patterns starting to form on objects.

But, once things get going into full swing, there is a world of difference.

One thing which also seems unique to LSD and doesnt happen on Mushrooms, is patterns / objects seem to form in mid-air. I've had complex patterns seemingly start to form in mid-air/3d space, where on mushrooms, they tend to form ontop of surfaces (not sure if that makes any sense).

LSD visuals also tend to have a sense of depth/substance/mass to them (for me atleast).

ie: walking through a park in the fall, with all the leaves/etc on the ground, now and then it'd look like they'd start to form little globs in the air, like they were made out of some sort of goo-like substance and something was pulling them up into the air, and having them drip back down to the ground, or start to swirl.

OfflinePeloefuego
 User Gallery

#24485111 - 07/15/17 01:07 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I was wondering if LSD is or can be a social drug, I mean like go out and do stuff and interact with other people.
I was curious because I've done mushrooms many times I know by fact and personal experience that it would turn out extremely uncomfortable to interact with anyone thats not on mushrooms or someone you don't consider your best friend.

--------------------
"Focus on the hard times ahead with thoughts of those who came before you. Focus on the mission ahead with thoughts of your role as a leader in your community. Focus on the obligations of your family with thoughts of their needs first. Focus on the future of your people with thoughts of your course of actions to make their dreams come true"
Anonymous

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: LSD/Mushrooms [Re: Peloefuego]
    #24485467 - 07/15/17 03:42 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Peloefuego said:
I was wondering if LSD is or can be a social drug, I mean like go out and do stuff and interact with other people.

I've noticed that LSD makes me either a social butterfly or a complete social retard...like really socially retarded where I can't think of anything to say at all and can't even make normal conversation. LSD seems sort of a like a solipsist's drug so that's probably why. Not to mention there's something very awkward about the acid vibe that I can't quite put my finger on. So for LSD I'm either fairly social or the least social person on earth. It goes from one extreme to another.

With mushrooms it's more consistent but it totally depends on where I'm at in the trip. If it's the beginning then no I'm definitely not social, maybe not as antisocial as I can be on acid but I generally don't want to be around people. But by the 3rd or 4th hour (past the peak) I can feel very social and empathetic on mushrooms similar to a sort of lighthearted version of MDMA. On the mushroom comedown I feel like I haven't got a single enemy in the world and I feel lovingly connected to ALL forms of life and organic matter especially other mammals. Human beings and animals can look visibly gorgeous in this stage of the trip which is probably why psilocybin is so effective for body dysmorphia.

Quote:

I was curious because I've done mushrooms many times I know by fact and personal experience that it would turn out extremely uncomfortable to interact with anyone thats not on mushrooms or someone you don't consider your best friend.

Wait..
Are you asking if you can be around strangers or people who aren't tripping on LSD? Because if that's what you're asking then the answer is definitely hell no, at least imo. I can't even stand people who are stoned when I'm tripping let alone stone cold sober people and..strangers.

I thought you were just talking about tripping with groups of people or friends. That's what I thought you meant by "social" because sober people are just the worst thing to be around while on any major psychedelic imo. At least most people.

OfflinePeloefuego
 User Gallery

Re: LSD/Mushrooms [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #24485629 - 07/15/17 05:03 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I meant like maybe going out to a party or something like that where you could talk to anyone and be completely comfortable. Sort of like when you are on MDMA and feel love for everyone.

--------------------
"Focus on the hard times ahead with thoughts of those who came before you. Focus on the mission ahead with thoughts of your role as a leader in your community. Focus on the obligations of your family with thoughts of their needs first. Focus on the future of your people with thoughts of your course of actions to make their dreams come true"
Anonymous

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: LSD/Mushrooms [Re: Peloefuego]
    #24485720 - 07/15/17 05:59 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah definitely not. Mushrooms and LSD are far from being party drugs.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom