Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSprewellSleeve
Male

Loc: USA
Any ideas for environmental volunteer work/jobs (parks, lakes, rivers)?
    #24483762 - 07/14/17 10:45 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I'd like to help clean up/help the environment. There are things in my area (I live in New Jersey, near NYC) I could, but some stuff don't seem like it's a regular basis thing. Cleaning the Hudson River would be good. I saw on craigslist there's a water quality tester job. Too far for me. I'd do something like that. Any ideas for me to look up?

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Re: Any ideas for environmental volunteer work/jobs (parks, lakes, rivers)? [Re: SprewellSleeve]
    #24483766 - 07/14/17 10:47 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

This is a job for a Donald Trump type person to answer to.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: Any ideas for environmental volunteer work/jobs (parks, lakes, rivers)? [Re: SprewellSleeve]
    #24483832 - 07/14/17 11:26 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Edit - just read the thread title more thoroughly. Im drunk and have little advice to offer.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: united states Flag
Re: Any ideas for environmental volunteer work/jobs (parks, lakes, rivers)? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #24483938 - 07/15/17 12:23 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #24483958 - 07/15/17 12:33 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SprewellSleeve said:
I'd like to help clean up/help the environment. There are things in my area (I live in New Jersey, near NYC) I could, but some stuff don't seem like it's a regular basis thing.

Yeah a lot of that type of stuff is seasonal. Restoration planting is pretty enjoyable and can pay pretty well, but it's mostly a spring thing.

--------------------
BAN OP 2021

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

Re: Any ideas for environmental volunteer work/jobs (parks, lakes, rivers)? [Re: SprewellSleeve] * 1
    #24484153 - 07/15/17 02:10 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Grab some trash bags and buy an arm thing or a dustpan

Pick up litter

You can maybe find people to do that with

Offlinedeucedbi9
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: Any ideas for environmental volunteer work/jobs (parks, lakes, rivers)? [Re: Repertoire89] * 1
    #24484292 - 07/15/17 03:39 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Repertoire89 said:
Grab some trash bags and buy an arm thing or a dustpan

Pick up litter
You can maybe find people to do that with

I enjoy doing that. I recently joined our residents association for an hour long litter picking session. I took me so long to cover my route, that they were all gone by the tme I got back, so I got to keep the 'grabber' that they'd lent me. I went out several times during the month, before the next meet up. They let me keep the grabber thing, and supplied me with some extra sacks.

I actually really enjoy it. It reminds me very much of when I used to go 'mushing' for liberty caps. Once you get 'your eye in', you can spot a piece of litter from umpteen yards. If only I could have filled sacks with libs, as easily as I can with litter! :mushroom2:

--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

OfflineSprewellSleeve
Male

Loc: USA
Re: Any ideas for environmental volunteer work/jobs (parks, lakes, rivers)? [Re: deucedbi9]
    #24486067 - 07/15/17 11:22 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for all the recommendations.

Maybe I'll do the pick up littering thing. I hate seeing it, so yeah. Maybe I can find stuff to sell/get money from recycling on the way.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #24486358 - 07/16/17 02:20 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Find out where the Parks and Recreation office building is in your city and ask how u can volunteer to clean up.

Or if u are feelin real ballzsy, go to the police station and ask to join the Community Service crew.

--------------------
"Conscious contains the ideas, the thoughts, the building blocks behind every reality. Sentience, on the other hand, is the creative force that animates reality and experiences all possible emotions and sensations within them. Consciousness creates reality, sentience experiences reality. Together, consciousness and sentience create the totality of Creation." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms | Trippy Gematrix | Dj Teknological at BandLab.com | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || Remember George Floyd (END THE POLICE STATE!) ||                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017:: Aug 19th to 21st :: Pure Paradise. :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:  :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | Water-Bath Cacti Tea:bongload::cacti: 

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
    #24486577 - 07/16/17 06:01 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineNotBTeleVised17
The Stranger

#24486673 - 07/16/17 08:19 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Try searching online for recycling stations and seeing if you can volunteer at any. I volunteer occasionally at one where they recycle everything. Styrofoam, old batteries, you name it. Network from there because a lot of those people are environmentally conscious as well and may have other projects you could assist with.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Community >> The Pub