Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblehankydanky2k
UT2004!!! Best Muliplayer Action Ever!!! You must try DEMO!!
    #2447712 - 03/18/04 05:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

So I have been neglecting my lifes duties as of lately. That's no big deal, right? I mean, as long as you are playing UT2004 it's no big deal. This game is unbelievable. I make a crying plea to anybody who has ever enjoyed any form of FPS at all: You must try this game. I don't even have the game. I only have the demo. So far I have invested about 20 or more hours into just that, and most of that is just into one level. This goes without saying that this level is not one of the big dogs in the full version. It is merely average. Even still I cannot stop getting the craving to go and play this game right now. It is that good.

One thing about UT2003 that bothered many was the fact that newbs seemed to have it easy compared to the original UT. A lot of the weapons were weakened and certain modes and levels were taken out to make it more accessible. You didn't have a lot to learn and you weren't rewarded very much for quick thinking strategy. Now that vehicles are in the game, this has totally changed. You are greatly rewarded for diversifying your skills and knowledge about gameplay. Knowing how to drive each vehicle best and what the weapons of each vehicle are used for is all part of the impossibly complex strategy tree that makes up UT2004. Don't get me started on how best you should use each handheld weapon against each vehicle.

There is not enough room here for me to even start talking about why this game is better than any other than is even similar to it, but I will provide a link to a very well trusted and very well known proffessional opinion.

http://gamespot.com/pc/action/ut2004/index.html?tag=mp_num1

That pretty much sums up most of what I would have to say. Here is where you will get the demo.

http://unrealtournament.com/ut2004/downloads.php

You can get it other places, but you cannot refuse to try this game. If you do, and you are a gamer who enjoys any action at all, then you are doing yourself, and anybody who might only find out about how great this game is through you in the possible future, a great injustice.

Sorry if this post seems a little pushy, but you WILL be thanking me later.

--------------------
The above post is fictitous, and any coincedence between it and real people, places, or events is unintentional.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: UT2004!!! Best Muliplayer Action Ever!!! You must try DEMO!! [Re: hankydanky2k]
    #2447945 - 03/18/04 05:51 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Tribes > *

Tribes 2 was ok...everyone sitll plays the origional cause the second one blew in comparison.

they got a new one comming out called Tribes: Vengeance..its ognna be incredible.

ut2k games are ok but ever since tribes its just not the same playing a game where i dont have a jetpack and a disclauncher.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: UT2004!!! Best Muliplayer Action Ever!!! You must try DEMO!! [Re: hankydanky2k]
    #2447979 - 03/18/04 05:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I've never been able to get into shoot-em-up games... Every once an a while I'll play counterstrike if a bunch of people are playing it... but the only online games I've ever been addicted to were world based RPGs (Ultima Online... Everquest Beta Test... etc)

--------------------

Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: UT2004!!! Best Muliplayer Action Ever!!! You must try DE [Re: hankydanky2k]
    #2447983 - 03/18/04 05:56 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

heh - I still play Unreal (not Tournament, but the original).
There is alot wrong with the game, but I have it and my computer will run it just fine. Unfortunately, I doubt I could say the same for UT 2004.

Invisiblehankydanky2k
Re: UT2004!!! Best Muliplayer Action Ever!!! You must try DE [Re: phi1618]
    #2448088 - 03/18/04 06:16 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The problem I found with the entire thought process behind tribes was that it is all too convoluted. Might I ask how is it fair for people in the game to run around with entirely different sets of weapons and armors? I can't see any online game where the focus isn't equality being very good at all. In tribes you can run up to a big weapon station (forgot the name) and select what kind of equipment you want to buy. Then you run out into the world and die in two seconds. I mean, two seconds after you have been searching for another player for half an hour. What is the point of bogging down all the action? Is the game not supposed to "furious" and "action-oriented". I have seen phrases like that used to describe the tribes series but I never saw it happening.

The original was good in it's time mainly because it allowed for people who had dial up and slow computers to play a quality FPS multiplayer and not have to resort to old simple point and shoot games. I found exponentially less fun with each level of complication that was thrown at me. Not that I mind complication in general (UT2004 is very intricate) but if it gets in the way of action then it isn't missed by me. Don't get me wrong, I have played and beaten my share console and PC RPGs and RTS games, but action games that only allow you to play in an action environment should be as intuitive, and thus fast to pick up and play as possible. Bring on the complication, but unless the game was made to have puzzles or stealth (obvioulsy not tribes) then don't f|_|cking slow me down any more than is needed.

As for Tribes: Vengance, it will be single player mainly. That's all the needs to be said on that. Moving on, how many hours have you (vulture) played UT2004 yet? I am betting none. In fact, I am sure it is none. Go and get the demo, play Onslaught-Torlan for 2 hours while figuring out the new toys at hand, and then come back and tell me what you think. If not then you are just wasting your time on your computer.

--------------------
The above post is fictitous, and any coincedence between it and real people, places, or events is unintentional.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub