Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
How many times do you get contams when you grow?
    #2446494 - 03/18/04 08:40 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Like what would the ratio of contams to jars be? Because my kitten is trying to figure out if she is doing below average on keeping contams at bay, average, or (doubtfully) above average.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How many times do you get contams when you grow? [Re: MOTH]
    #2446514 - 03/18/04 08:51 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

it really varries... if you lose 1 in 10 you did pretty good, some may lose 1 in 50 and some lose 9 out of 10... it all depends on how diligent you are with cleanliness in the lab

Anonymous

#2446530 - 03/18/04 09:02 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

once you figure out how to do it right... you can get 100% no contams. thats my experience at least. knock on wood. good luck man.

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

#2446560 - 03/18/04 09:17 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, 100% is possible almost everytime. On the rare occasion i do get contams in jars, I know it is due to a bad syringe not my jar prep techniques.

--------------------

Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How many times do you get contams when you grow? [Re: mockeylock]
    #2446842 - 03/18/04 11:11 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

as with the flock, dog reports few if any contams
in fact he likes them, he sees them so rarely, that anything non-white is a marvel.

as far as ratios, 1:25 to 1:50 here.

as for cleanliness of everything to obtain that ratio...hardly any. just basic sterile techniques for the substrate, spores, syringe, culture, and jars. the dog has done batches without failure many times, on dirty surfaces, and general clutter. just know what needs sterilized and how, and fuck all the rest...find your technique.

-jb

--------------------

Offlinewicish1
Mr. Myco Moron

Loc: Shithole, USA
    #2446965 - 03/18/04 11:56 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm on my fifth grow and so far I've only had one contam and that was on a BRF casing after about the fourth flush, it was a little green mold.  I pay little attention to sterility other than PC'ing the jars and wiping the :syringe: real good with alcohol before I inoc. each jar through the poly'fill plugged hole then replace foil over the lids.  I use pints of WBS because I grow small scale and they colonize a little faster.  Some say that there is less particles/mold spores in the air on a higher floor room than a lower floor room, I do mine on the second floor.  I use no glove box anymore because I found I don't need it.  I just keep the air flow at zero and try to be quick at it.  My Hygrometer manual claims that dust, mold spores and bacteria travel through the air better when there is humidity to help suspended the particles longer in the air.  They claim that you should keep the RH in your home at 55% to minimize dust, mold spores and bacteria while still allowing enough humidity that we require to help our breathing.  So far out of about 60 jars, I have had no contams that I'm aware of.

--------------------
How many times do I have to tell you, I was running through the woods and tripped on some mushrooms!!! Well, at least I'm not lying.:crazy:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale