Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone train in BJJ (Jiu-Jitsu)? [Re: Masked]
    #24472773 - 07/10/17 02:12 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

For those that do a martial art, what do you think about getting punched in the face while you are in the ring/cage/mat? Just any time your actually competing and not holding back,it's insane. One day I was having problems with my knee and honestly pretty sick and everyone I train with fights in the local circuits almost no one that just wanted excersise. Anyway this one day I fought a guy almost 30 years older then me with wayyy more experience. He didn't hold back at all because when I wasn't having a bad day I'd whoop him and did earlier that week.

Anyway this particular day my reflexes were shit and I was having problems with my guard. In a 5 min window I got punched in the face like 20 times in a row. I got so amazingly pissed i just started wailing on him,picking his punches to over extend his arm to hurt him and when I had him on the ropes I was seeing so much Red that I elbowed him in the face and he dropped like a sack of rocks like a street fight. This was a boxing match so I was immediately DQed.  There's just something about getting hit in the face over and over again that brings out that animal in you.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Anyone train in BJJ (Jiu-Jitsu)? [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24472793 - 07/10/17 02:16 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Have you been in a real fight...no gloves, no rules?

To answer your question....yes getting punched in the head makes me rage.  I almost stroke people out when i bang my head accidentally lol

--------------------

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
    #24472798 - 07/10/17 02:18 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Go for the takedown and submit the guy.  Punching a guy in the face doesn't work unless you knock them out, and then you can apply a submission.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Re: Anyone train in BJJ (Jiu-Jitsu)? [Re: sunshine]
    #24472810 - 07/10/17 02:20 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

If you're up against a gang then you can use more devestating techniques if you feel your life is threatened.

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Anyone train in BJJ (Jiu-Jitsu)? [Re: Masked] * 1
    #24472838 - 07/10/17 02:29 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I got mugged a little over a week ago. Thought I killed the guy. It was my first gloves off no rules in a long time and was my first time being mugged. I permanently damaged the guy. At least his hands and face. Was exhilarating but on the same hand I haven't had the world "go red" in very many years with the help of anger management classes and therapy. My elbow finally scabbed over but I've still got bruised ribs and a lump on the back of my head but the swelling went down. I was able to return to work today so that's good. Football, lacrosse, track and boxing background helped a lot with balance and reflex but really so did flying off the handle.

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone train in BJJ (Jiu-Jitsu)? [Re: Adden] * 2
    #24472885 - 07/10/17 02:45 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I've been in a few real fights,mostly in highschoool when I was dealing though. It'd be a lot different on the streets and hopefully I'll never have to fight on the street ever. One particular fight was before I was in boxing and this dude that was also 6ft tall and worked out as much as I did,he sold me fake ecstasy so I confronted him at P.E. when the teachers just left the class alone for 20-30 min. The fight ended up getting broken up when they came back. I broke his nose,I was bleeding under the eye a bit and my nose was also bleeding but neither of us even got any less intense,neither of us slowed down and we were just both FUCKED up after. No one won that fight
Quote:

Adden said:
I got mugged a little over a week ago. Thought I killed the guy. It was my first gloves off no rules in a long time and was my first time being mugged. I permanently damaged the guy. At least his hands and face. Was exhilarating but on the same hand I haven't had the world "go red" in very many years with the help of anger management classes and therapy. My elbow finally scabbed over but I've still got bruised ribs and a lump on the back of my head but the swelling went down. I was able to return to work today so that's good. Football, lacrosse, track and boxing background helped a lot with balance and reflex but really so did flying off the handle.

Jesus Christ that sucks you had to do that. Good on you for being able to defend yourself but fuck I hope that never happens to me. My best friend got robbed twice in a row recently. The second time at gun point. That's some horse shit ,thieves are the fucking scum of the earth.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #24472929 - 07/10/17 03:04 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I have been in a few different kinds of real fights. Had the shit beat out of me in a barefist fight with a much older boy when I was an adolescent. Had another where I kicked a boys ass my own age in a barefist fight at summer camp. Had to use judo techniques to defend myself from my own best friend trying to gauge my eyes out and break my fingers while he was blackout drunk. Knocked the same best friend out when he demanded to box me when drunk. And a handful of judo and jujitsu tournaments and sparring at the gym.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Edited by Moonshoe (07/10/17 03:38 PM)

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
    #24472964 - 07/10/17 03:16 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I've been in real fights, not in years but yes. A few years back I was attacked by a gang of young blacks, I don't know how many but at least 6 maybe more. I ended up getting hurt, a cut on the head from a bottle I was hit with and scrapes on my elbows and hands from the 2 times I got knocked down. They kept circling behind me to tackle me down. But they did not like their end of it. At one time after we had fought a while, I broke loose and started to run away, 2 of them followed, the rest may have been hurting too bad, lol. I immediately stopped and back kicked the closest one in the midsection. The other guy was close enough to take a swing at me and I had one leg still up in the air but he decided not to push his luck and backed off.

I've learned to stay out of trouble, you win 100% of the fights you avoid. One good thing from my kung fu class was the 4 on 1 kumite. I don't think I saw that at any other school I went to. They put opponents at your 4 corners and then begin. The only special rule was they could not kick but you could however we were not doing full contact. It is great training, you learn to go at the closest one take him out or at least give him something to think about. Then left and right, move out of the middle and so on. It sounds crazy but there is a method to it and after training a few times that way, you learn tricks. It helped a lot when I was attacked by that bunch but they were pretty tough, one of them came in with a jumping kick, did not execute perfectly so I stepped back and nailed him when he came down.

I was in better shape at that time, this was on school property and they were all students. The next day, I walked out into the courtyard where you could eat or whatever and there are always lots of students. I had my hat on to cover the bandage on my head. I walked through there like I owned the place. I made a point of walking near the ones who acted nervous when they looked at me. I wasn't looking for any more trouble but never give punks the idea you are scared of them. I held my head up high and kept walking, never had a speck of trouble with them after that, they kept their distance.

Anything can happen in a fight, I was probably lucky. Avoid situations that may lead to violence, talk your way out of it rather than answer back. If you are forced into it put everything you've got into each punch and kick, do not hold anything back. If you hold back a tiny bit to keep from killing someone, they may shrug it off and kick your ass good or kill you.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Re: Anyone train in BJJ (Jiu-Jitsu)? [Re: Stonehenge]
    #24473002 - 07/10/17 03:27 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Stay away from bars and video arcades.  Don't walk around the city at night.  I live in the country and we have almost no crime except for junkies doing home invasion robberies.  Junkies ripped off the pharmacy for the morphine, also.

--------------------

InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone train in BJJ (Jiu-Jitsu)? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #24473026 - 07/10/17 03:33 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for sharing all.  My hunch is that at least 60% of people in this thread haven't been in a real fight.

Which is fine and a good thing...but I liken it to someone trying to explain computer programming when they have never programmed anything in their life :lol:

My first fight was when I was 8 years old against a 13 year old.  He was an older brother of a friend and was a bad Apple all around.  Turned into a scummy adult too from what I've heard.  Anyway, he was in TWD and wanted to beat someone up.  I agreed to "play" fight and he just beat me up.  I went home with a split lip, got the wind knocked out of me bad and some bruised ribs.  But I made him bleed from the mouth. Lol. I'll never forget that.

I then was in a more legitimate planned fight at age 11.  And then I fought in high school a lot...winning against people much older and much bigger than me.  I gained quite the reputation in high school as the small but insanely crazy tough mother fucker you dont mess with. Lol.  Even fights i lost, earned me respect or fear. 

I got into a lot of fights in early adult hood in the bar/club scene.

You have to understand I don't come from a big city.  It's a small, back country rural setting in many aspects.  Fighting is what everyone did for fun around here.  And alcohol mixed in with that equation made for some exciting nights lol

I never picked fights...it was always in self defense.  But I never backed down and had a chip on my shoulder in that aspect.

As an older man, I regret a lot of my decisions.  These days, my uncontrollable rage has been buried and I'll avoid a fight at all costs.  Plus, I'm a hermit family man and have been for a long time, so I'm not ever in sketchy situations or environments like that anymore.

But if my family was in danger, or myself and I had no choice...my inner fighting demon will be unleashed. Lol

Side note:

I was a brown belt in karate.  Did a lot of wrestling.  Did some bjj for a bit.  A little bit of judo too.  And loved contact sports like box lacrosse and rugby

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #24473036 - 07/10/17 03:36 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
Yeah I've been in a few real fights,mostly in highschoool when I was dealing though. It'd be a lot different on the streets and hopefully I'll never have to fight on the street ever. One particular fight was before I was in boxing and this dude that was also 6ft tall and worked out as much as I did,he sold me fake ecstasy so I confronted him at P.E. when the teachers just left the class alone for 20-30 min. The fight ended up getting broken up when they came back. I broke his nose,I was bleeding under the eye a bit and my nose was also bleeding but neither of us even got any less intense,neither of us slowed down and we were just both FUCKED up after. No one won that fight

You broke his nose I'd say that's a win.

Quote:

Jesus Christ that sucks you had to do that. Good on you for being able to defend yourself but fuck I hope that never happens to me. My best friend got robbed twice in a row recently. The second time at gun point. That's some horse shit ,thieves are the fucking scum of the earth.

No fucking kidding on thieves being scum. Sorry to hear about what happened to your friend, and lol I hope you don't have to go through it either.

I was walking to work at 2am, and I bring my walking stick / cane with me. It helps my back and sometimes I go hiking after work into the rear entrance of a park with a river running through it. (I've spawned ovoids here). But on the way to work,  some streets are dark because the lights have been broken out or no one cares or both and there's tree cover. So I guess the guy thought I was an easy target maybe cuz I had my hands full and using a cane.. but man I'm 240 5'11" brick shithouse..

Fuck, my hands are starting to shake, here's a copy paste it's easier (sorry to be rude) but this is pretty much what went down.

Quote:

Didn't truly feel the extent of my injuries until the next day. It was a pretty pussy tackle, but that didn't stop the hard shit under my ribs. I wasn't ready for it which didn't help.

Said he had a gun and was ready to "kill a muthafucka so run dat shit, wallet and cash and gimme the rings".. what was I supposed to do.. Pretty positive I broke a couple of his fingers if not one or both hands when he was trying to guard his face from a barrage of strikes from my Maglite. It was easy to get him off his guard, all I had to do was push my walking stick/cane between his feet and he was down and I was on him. Pretty sure I broke his nose too. I've never heard a grown man beg for mercy. That was... new.

Dude said he has a firearm what do you do.. :shrug: I guess don't say you've got a gun and you're ready to kill someone if you don't have one. He's lucky I don't carry mine to work or he definitely would be dead.

Was the only time in my life I was relieved an attacker/opponent stood back up and was able to walk when I was done. I was terrified that I had just killed the guy after bashing him so hard. He had reached for his pockets when I was done with his face, so I stomped his guts and dick and punted his shoulder sockets with my work boots, and let a boot fly to the side of his head to at least stun him so I could get away.

He wasn't moving for awhile and then it started to sink in.. maybe you hit him too hard, or too many times, was it too much or was I in the right, he was still breathing when I walked away right? I watched from down the road in some bushes covered in blood with my hands shaking thinking I just killed a person. Thank god he got up. I was terrified I was covered in blood hiding in someone's bushes staring at a man I killed.

I have a bit of whiplash too. Got me right in the back of the head with some sort of blunt object. Definitely wasn't a fist. I've got a welt from the back of my skull to nape of my neck. My elbow is sort of skinned and is starting to get infected so I gotta go back Monday and see if they can clean it up or something. It's not a bad scrape, just ragged and dirty from the road. No visible bone or somethin. Headache feels like I had a concussion a few weeks ago. No fucking idea what he hit me with and the cops/ems said it could or could not be from getting hit with a pistol. Idfk. I do know it hurts.

Shitty part is two months ago or so, I told a coworker I walked to work and where, and she said a guy got robbed on the main road I take about 2 years ago.

Quote:

I'm pretty sure I broke his nose cuz not to be racist but I don't know what a busted African American nose looks like but it was definitely not normal. Just flat and floppy. His fingers won't be straight for a long time if ever. That was a lot of blows really fast. As I was doing it, time almost stopped, like some matrix shit, and then reality kind of "zoomed back into my body". I really wailed on the guy it was pretty excessive but hey fuck him.

Part of his eyebrow looked sunken in so I don't know if I broke his ocular bone or what. I felt the reverb in my Maglite and heard popping kind of like when you quarter a chicken and the blade doesn't go all the way through. That ligament thump or pop I guess?

He bled hard from somewhere, probably the gash on his forehead. Horrible part is now since I had open wounds and didn't know whose blood was whose, no sex or blood drives for 6 months until I get AIDS testing and even then I wanna wait another six.

But yeah pretty messed up thing to do. And it's like dude I'm 240 and 5'11" why would you ambush a big target like that. Must have been desperation or just opportunity.

I was really fuckin worried I killed the guy. I was hitting his face so hard and his hands were half-broken so they weren't really protecting much. It just suddenly happened, he's down I'm on him before I could realize I instinctively tripped him up, and I see white real quick - I think this is when he hit me with whatever - then the world went red, my hand is at my belt and I got my metal rod filled with heavy batteries in hand and I couldn't think of anything else but just hit the guy until he stops fighting.

But still what am I gonna do point his own gun at him and wait for cops? 2am in one of the not-so-great areas of town. Would've been another Monday morning for the 5-0 and if he did have a gun would've just killed me. Usually people with guns don't announce it.

Edit to add.

Edited by Adden (07/10/17 03:47 PM)

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Re: Anyone train in BJJ (Jiu-Jitsu)? [Re: Adden]
    #24473052 - 07/10/17 03:43 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

The cops don't like it if you hit someone.  They're generally not supposed to hit someone so they don't like it.  I've learned a lot of takedowns.  You can stun someone with a punch or use it to get hold of the arm or wrist or fingers for a lock.  I like to remain standing.  Yell at them you're going to break their shit the fuck up if they don't submit.  A good spirited yell can also be used to stun someone you're about to attack.  That's a highly underrated tech.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone train in BJJ (Jiu-Jitsu)? [Re: Adden] * 1
    #24473076 - 07/10/17 03:53 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

You don't have to be in a real fight to have real experience. Learn what you are doing then get in a full contact class. Wear some protection and gloves. Full contact is no pussy stuff and people got hurt from time to time but not seriously. It gives you the experience of punching someone hard, of getting hit, of doing combinations, tactics and so on. Later when you are in a "real" fight you will find its easier than the practice.

Sunshine, if you had this much action in your forum it would be revived. Good point about the yell, they call it the kiaii in judo. Is taught in some other forms but not usually. I too prefer to remain standing. I don't care what the cops like, I try to stay out of trouble but if it comes to me I will hit hard as I can. If they die then tough shit.

Getting back to tai chi, what it does for you in part is teach you the way to move your body correctly. Too many people throw arm punches which may hurt but are feeble compared to a real punch. Body movement is key, tai chi teaches you to always move your waist when doing anything. It has been called the soul of martial arts.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone train in BJJ (Jiu-Jitsu)? [Re: Adden] * 1
    #24473079 - 07/10/17 03:53 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Jesus that sounds shitty.  Glad you came out on top

I personally wouldn't have cared if I killed him but that's just me.  When my switch flips...i want to kill them.  And when it flips back, I don't think I'd feel remorse.  People get what they deserve.  You want to jump someone and Rob them?  Better prepared for death if you pick the wrong person

Seems he picked the wrong person nonetheless :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male User Gallery

#24473080 - 07/10/17 03:54 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I've sparred full contact many of times and it is much different than a real street fight.  Way different.  And I've had many of those too

--------------------

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

#24473087 - 07/10/17 03:56 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Yell loud like you're going to die!

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

#24473210 - 07/10/17 04:45 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Real fights just aren't fun
Quote:

Stonehenge said:
You don't have to be in a real fight to have real experience.

To a certain extent sure your martial art(s) training will make you better in a fight if the time came to fight in the street then someone who doesn't have any training. The generalization ends there. I've said it many times and I'll say it again. If you haven't got beat up at least a few times in the ring or out of it you haven't even gone past the training stage unless you're some sort of fuckin prodigy OR if you are competeing. At that level level of martial arts thought that is a real fight. People compete and if they can't get you to go down sometimes it gets brutal and it's real as fuck.

My 60 something year old Boxing teacher was fighting with the real greats of boxing in his career of years won golden gloves few times, Lots of marine championships ,coached others to world titles. He can beat the shit out of any of the UFC fighters he trained and only one could keep up just a little because he's the kind of fighter that he knows his craft so well he doesn't have to think about descions he just makes them. This causes him to have the endurance,breathing and close control of the situation.(The coach)

Anyway This 20 somethin year old piss ant came up to him and wanted to fight him(and my coach said he'd settle it and not to intervene like Anime martial art mystical shows :lol: because he didn't like something he said and took his shirt off in the parking lot Taller then him and litterally like 40 year age difference. My coach did one of his best punches to the solar plexus I've EVER seen I watched him break a cinderblock not ten min earlier and the dude dropped rolled back and started puking and crying. Then the dude calls 911 :Rolf: It was SO badass to watch and pretty fuckin hilarious. Because that day there was an almost 7 foot 300lb bouncer that was also trained in all sorts of ma and coach didn't need him at all.

I miss all of that so much the last year I had to quit it because I was having extreme pain in my shoulder and had to have shoulder surgery Come to find out the reason I was in so much pain while boxing is because I have one the best punches there but that whole time the muscle that connects my shoulder ball joint and my arm was litterally not connected to my shoulder.

After my surgery they told me that for 5 years it had been that way and somewhere 2 years back the estimate I was in so much pain I relocated my own shoulder without knowing and it fuckin worked .

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24473212 - 07/10/17 04:46 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, sparring in a dojo is going to be different than on the street. No one said it was exactly the same. My point is it gives you real experience in fighting. In the dojo they aren't going to pull a knife or gun, they will not kick you when you are down etc. We all understand that. But my experience has been that the real fights were actually easier than the practice ones. That will vary a lot depending on circumstances of course. I was never hit with a bottle in class like I was on that parking lot

Point karate is less real than full contact, while just doing kata or practicing techniques is less real than point sparring. Top of the list is full contact. Judo by the way is full contact as is jui jitsu. People who think they need to get into a "real" fight to gain experience may regret that decision. I read in the papers every day about people getting shot, killed, beaten to a pulp etc. Usually in or near a bar, sometimes road rage. 99% of that could have been avoided. Hoping for a fight so you can brag about it is begging for trouble.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Anyone train in BJJ (Jiu-Jitsu)? [Re: Masked] * 1
    #24473214 - 07/10/17 04:46 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Masked said:
Curious though...who here in this thread has been in an actual fight not for sport?  I read shroomism's story.  And be honest people...who here is speaking all hypothetical or martial arts/sports scenarios only?

Those guys that jumped us was what I would consider my only real street fight after I trained martial arts for years.
Before I got super hardcore into martial arts though, I had a couple of scraps mostly in highschool. Nothing really that noteworthy though.
Except the time I protected this innocent kid from being beat up by this bully.. he was slapping him around and I got inbetween them and he tried to punch me and I dislocated his shoulder with his own force :lol:

I would only consider that one jumping though my one "real" street fight because those guys probably would have tried to kill us if we gave them half the chance, or at the very least hurt us very very bad. Was the only time I've actually felt my life was in danger during a fight. Reflexes kicked in HARD, with me and my friend... all it was, was a giant blur of fists and knees and kicks to the head, it happened so fucking fast, we were running on pure instinct. I felt like I beat one dude in the face like 35 times in a half second, I'd never seen myself so fast or brutal.  Definitely happened in warp speed/super slow motion. We fucking annihilated those guys. One second we were just walking down the street talking and minding our own business, the next second we are getting piledrived and hit. Those dudes definitely regretted that day, we just got up off the ground and destroyed all three of them. Have no doubt they probably had to go to hospital after. We stopped when they were no longer a threat and left the scene but there was a lot of blood that wasn't ours. I don't think we killed any of them though, just hurt really really bad.

--------------------

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

#24473224 - 07/10/17 04:50 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

The BJJ guys really have the best one on one strategy.  Take the guy down and submit him.  I learned takedowns from numerous styles.  In silat we have crouching stances that can be used to attack the legs or control someone on the ground.  I had a guy who was an MP in Vietnam show me his favorite restraining techniques.  There are a lot of them out there.  I wish we could get everyone a solid drug and martial arts background.  I bet it would eliminate almost all violence!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale