Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineminty33
Stranger
HELP IDENTIFYING POSS. PSILOCYBE
    #24461341 - 07/06/17 10:00 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Habitat:
I FOUND THESE CPL SAMPLES GROWING IN A POTTED CANNABIS PLANT GROWING IN MANURE COMPOST, TOPSOIL AND PERLITE.  THE ROOM TEMP WAS ABOUT 80-90 DEGREES THROUGHOUT DAY AND NIGHT.  THERE WAS HYDROTON ON TOP THAT MAY HAVE CREATED A MICRO CLIMATE AFTER WATERING.  THEY SHOT UP AND DIED WHEN THE SOIL DRIED AS I WAS GROWING CANNABIS NOT MUSHROOMS I COULD NOT KEEP MOIST TO GROW FURTHER.

Gills:
don't know much about mycology so pardon me for only knowing they are dark brown to black in color

Stem:
this is not fair as the stem was so Spindly given i found it after it died and partially dried, but very thin in relation to cap

Cap:
dime sized but died early and this was dead when found, but it is powdery grey to light brown in color, does appear to bruise blue though.  also paper thin but again these were sprouts from a potted plant not a grow.

Spore print color:
brownish

Bruising:
seems dark blue to purple, but definitely bruised dark easily

Other information:
i am taking a spore print anyway.  will never grow out due to possible psilocybe, but i will preserve print best i can.  probably was not sterile from jump, but i did do sterile procedure in closed glove box and kept it under glass while it printed.
pic links on imgur:
http://imgur.com/oPMc11b
http://imgur.com/kPahkwi

Edited by minty33 (07/06/17 10:08 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledoctorghosty
is the name of me
Male User Gallery

Loc: North GA, God's fav
Trusted Identifier
Re: HELP IDENTIFYING POSS. PSILOCYBE [Re: minty33]
    #24461359 - 07/06/17 10:07 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Offlineminty33
Stranger
Re: HELP IDENTIFYING POSS. PSILOCYBE [Re: doctorghosty]
    #24461368 - 07/06/17 10:10 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

thanks man, lol. i thought it was bruising blue and knew i had dung in my soil mix so i thought maybe it was a psilocybe,  oh well.  woulda made a good story.  thanks for the quick reply

OfflineStillSong
Nomfortably Cumb
Male User Gallery

Re: HELP IDENTIFYING POSS. PSILOCYBE [Re: doctorghosty]
    #24461373 - 07/06/17 10:11 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Cool thing about ink caps though is you dont have to buy refills for your favlrite pen you can make a paste if you concentrate enough coprinoids and wha lah! Flick my bic homie! Keep hunting though itll pay off.

Offlineminty33
Stranger
Re: HELP IDENTIFYING POSS. PSILOCYBE [Re: StillSong]
    #24461381 - 07/06/17 10:17 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

haha, thanks man.  i read an interesting thing about them just now. the copinoids or whatever they are called cause an immediate hangover if you drink alcohol after eating em.  fyi, i do realize they are not really edible, but from what i read they react to alcohol consumption by blocking the enzyme that breaks down the chemical that causes hangovers.  it can take days for the hangover symptoms to go away.

OfflineStillSong
Nomfortably Cumb
Male User Gallery

Re: HELP IDENTIFYING POSS. PSILOCYBE [Re: StillSong]
    #24461543 - 07/06/17 11:44 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

That is very true! You should generally avoid alcohol when it comes to tripping anyway IMO. It takes away from the trip making it that much harder for myseld ro focus on the message. Also the bodyload from the mushrooms is enough by itself coupled with less coordination. But what do I know lol Im just an average joe shmoe. Anyways goodluck with your hunts man and keep bringing your findings to the Shroomery so us Identifiers and lurkers can learn! Good day!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification