Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Spawn Bags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOmegaxt1
Stranger
 User Gallery

Questions on spawning bags
    #24459743 - 07/05/17 07:02 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

First off this is my second attempt at spawn. First was off a print and no luck. Been studying hard for this round. Had a couple of problems despite my best efforts. Looking for some anwsers. Ive got a couple of bags going from a amazon vendor 1 lb of rye berries. (pic) 1lb of bfr. At diffrent stages. When i inoculated the rye i accidently overplunged the plunger and hit it with 6cc.as you can tell there is a lot of water in the bag. Its been 14 days looks about 70% its been shaken at 7 days. And doesnt appear to me to be contaminated .are there any tricks to possibly dry it out abit?  Also i guess the hole i taped after innoc wasnt air tight.  As i found a baby cockroach in the top of the bag and killed it. Seeing what if anything i should do at this point about these issues. Also i have 2lbs of aged horse manure from same place i put it in the freezer and just read somewhere that that wasnt a good thing cause it gains moisture. Any thoughts on this?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblehamloaf
7, 8, 11, 13!
Male User Gallery

Loc: 42. Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Questions on spawning bags [Re: Omegaxt1]
    #24459770 - 07/05/17 07:14 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

1.  There isn't any trick to drying out water pooling inside of spawn bags. 
2.  That's no good about the roach.  Roaches, and other bugs are mobile contamination units.  No telling what else has made it's way in, and out of your bag.
3.  Manure in the freezer is a bad plan, too, because when it comes out of the freezer it will condensate, and get wet.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

OfflineOmegaxt1
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Questions on spawning bags [Re: hamloaf]
    #24459989 - 07/05/17 08:43 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Thats what i was afraid of. I took the manure out before it froze and it s in three bags hope its still ok. As far as the rye goes if it goes bad i have my back up brf which at 7 days is about 50% colonized. (thought rye was faster)guess its the overwater. Im planning on using the two medium bags i have with manure in it to fruit 3 bags total by dividing it all up so i have three chances at this and more surface area. Im on the fence about doin a small monotub as it will be a hit or miss thing. Any advice on this?

Offlinepolaritymind
relaxed attention
I'm a teapot

Loc: Germany Flag
    #24462957 - 07/06/17 08:44 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

doing or monotub or what? on the fence between that and fruiting in the bags or what?

--------------------
"to affirm life is to also affirm death"
-Albert hofmann

OfflineOmegaxt1
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Questions on spawning bags [Re: polaritymind]
    #24465598 - 07/07/17 06:25 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Ya ive been trying to cover my bases i have some enviorment issues dealing with temp.  I live in south texas and its hot as hell atm. During the day with my little a/c unit i can only (at full blast continuously )keep it around 82 degrees as i am growing a few plants in here as well. (lights) not to mention being on the second floor. So i was thinking three bags so hopefully i could control the enviorment better. And have three seperate attempts.  The rye bag is slowing down in these temps now.  The bfr bag i bought a week later has surpassed the rye bag and is now abou 80% maybe 90. When the rye is done i was planning on g2g abit of it as well so in all i will have 1lb of rye 1lb i want to mix with the 2lb of manure in the two medium bags that came with the manure and the small bag with the rye spread evenly across the three. Does this seem like a sound strategy for ensuring sucess or is monotub better for controlling a hot super humid enviorment. I would say i only have to worry about being over 80 for about five hours a day but i heard you shouldnt run a fan near monotub like i can with the bags so im looking for any advice or suggestions.

OfflineOmegaxt1
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24465623 - 07/07/17 06:34 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Also here is a pic of the bfr bag 9days .even though i only used 3cc on this one it seems rather wet. Got em both from outgrow. Anywayhavent seen any contaims but thought i read somewhere that this could cause me some issues when fruiting.

InvisibleShroomyToons
Be Calm and Grow On
 User Gallery

Loc: Rebel Flag Flag
    #24465717 - 07/07/17 07:04 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

It's really tough to tell for certain in bags, but -to me- it looks like it might be bacterial.

If I were you, I would spawn the whole thing to a monotub or maybe a mini and then hope for some fruits to clone to agar and work up from there.

Maybe someone with more experience will give you different, or better advice. I'm pretty new, so I could be overruled quite easily! It's just what I think I would do if I were you.

OfflineOmegaxt1
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Questions on spawning bags [Re: ShroomyToons]
    #24465822 - 07/07/17 07:49 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

If you mean the little chunks on the bag its abit of flake from when i shook it up and it being quite wet. it appears to be white. But ya i see what your saying i have to move the bag around at diffrent angles to even get a half clear shot whats happening in there.  I imagine i will only use 1cc next time although it is going fairly fast on the bfr. And everyone ive read likes the monotub i will go research that route out more. Thanks for your input

InvisibleShroomyToons
Be Calm and Grow On
 User Gallery

Loc: Rebel Flag Flag
    #24466054 - 07/07/17 09:11 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Omegaxt1 said:
If you mean the little chunks on the bag its abit of flake from when i shook it up and it being quite wet. it appears to be white. But ya i see what your saying i have to move the bag around at diffrent angles to even get a half clear shot whats happening in there.  I imagine i will only use 1cc next time although it is going fairly fast on the bfr. And everyone ive read likes the monotub i will go research that route out more. Thanks for your input

The hope is that you won't be doing this the same way again. Get some fruits, and do clones to agar, and then you can start with clean isolates and not have the worries. I definitely think you can get fruits off this, and that will put you miles ahead of the guessing game if you play it right.

Good luck! You should do fine.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Spawn Bags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation