Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Smoke. Hike. Questions. * 1
    #24454113 - 07/03/17 12:07 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Smoked a bowl on a morning hike, and a couple of profound questions came up with respect to causality.  Here's just one example:

How long would it take for ONE seemingly mundane occurrence to change events on a worldwide scale?

Ex:  I sneeze.  This distracts me when writing a report, and some ambiguity is introduced.  The recipient of the report calls me at the end of business, and I take 90 seconds to clarify.  When leaving the office parking lot (now 90 seconds delayed) a car goes ahead of me and when the light turns, he is first to enter the intersection, whereupon the car is hit by a speeding truck who blew the light, and the driver killed.  I survive to get married, have three kids, etc., etc. etc. ad infinitum.

So the question is - HOW LONG before the effects of the sneeze impact causal events GLOBALLY?

A day?  A week?  A year?  10 years? 100 years?

Discuss/guess.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSalviaGod
Bad Person, Good Guy
Male

Re: Smoke. Hike. Questions. [Re: Nature Boy]
    #24454138 - 07/03/17 12:15 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I think how long it would take is only relitive to what the end result of the event is.
Like if your sneeze caused someone to die like that, then you got results in a day.
If your sneeze caused you to get married, then a few years.
But if your sneeze only caused you to drop your pencil, and then you pick it back up and finish your work and thats the end of it, then it took like 20 seconds.

So it would depend on when the sequence of events that you could directly identify as being caused by your sneeze, or the events connected to it, end.

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

Loc: North So Cal Flag
Re: Smoke. Hike. Questions. [Re: SalviaGod]
    #24454153 - 07/03/17 12:21 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

You're overthinking it. To know that you weren't supposed to be delayed would mean that you know what the end result was supposed to be.

Don't sneeze death.

--------------------

InvisibleStaplerhead
Phanner

Re: Smoke. Hike. Questions. [Re: Steveinshell]
    #24454642 - 07/03/17 04:03 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, but what caused the sneeze or the cause of the cause of the sneeze?
You're  arbitrarily choosing the sneeze as the mundane occurance but you can always go further back. I mean what caused you to be writing the report in the first place?
And why stop there... if you weren't born, then you wouldn't  have sneezed, so we should probably look into the circumstance of your parents meeting.  But again, why choose that because there are other mundane circumstance.... ad nauseum

--------------------
You know It's gonna get stranger, let's get on with the show

OfflineUniverse
Friend

Re: Smoke. Hike. Questions. [Re: Staplerhead] * 1
    #24454688 - 07/03/17 04:31 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

In most cases it's about 5 weeks. If my fart doesn't go global in 5 weeks, well, I don't know what to tell you.

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

Loc: North So Cal Flag
Re: Smoke. Hike. Questions. [Re: Universe]
    #24454752 - 07/03/17 05:04 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Oh it went global. Thanks a lot buddy.

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Smoke. Hike. Questions. [Re: Staplerhead]
    #24454776 - 07/03/17 05:15 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Staplerhead said:
Yeah, but what caused the sneeze or the cause of the cause of the sneeze?

Yes...but that's a slightly different question.  And my example was just one hypothetical, not to be taken literally.  The question is:  How long would it take for some arbitrary event to have a causal effect around the globe if you could track the influence of that one event and all it subsequently affected.

The time I spent just now (maybe 30 seconds) typing "LOL" and the rest of this line in response to Universe's fart joke will have implications for the rest of my life, no?  Kinda scary to think about that level of life-changing power being held by another. To me, it's a provocative thought.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Smoke. Hike. Questions. [Re: Universe]
    #24454807 - 07/03/17 05:25 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Universe said:
In most cases it's about 5 weeks. If my fart doesn't go global in 5 weeks, well, I don't know what to tell you.

:awelol: Fuckin genius!

--------------------
"Conscious contains the ideas, the thoughts, the building blocks behind every reality. Sentience, on the other hand, is the creative force that animates reality and experiences all possible emotions and sensations within them. Consciousness creates reality, sentience experiences reality. Together, consciousness and sentience create the totality of Creation." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms | Trippy Gematrix | Dj Teknological at BandLab.com | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || Remember George Floyd (END THE POLICE STATE!) ||                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017:: Aug 19th to 21st :: Pure Paradise. :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:  :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | Water-Bath Cacti Tea:bongload::cacti: 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience