Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Soups on!
    #24452780 - 07/02/17 08:45 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Been making soups lately

First Chili (still have some frozen).  Home made but also added a dry bag from aldi's and a few things I had from cans and some beef.  No ground goat as I usually make my chili, yet still good.

Then Cheese broccoli soup, a dry bag from Aldi's.  Good but didn't freeze any and very high in sodium

Then mom picked up a bag of 7 beans for 7 bean soup.  She also got me a ham hock I cooked in the crock till it fell off the bone.  Very very good and I added frozen mixed veggies, spices and I wish I added some cabbage.  This stuff will thoroughly cleanse your colon so watch out!!!

Today I made a hearty soup.  Cooked an entire whole chicken in a box of chicken broth in the crock.  De-boned, skinned and separated the fat and meat.  Added all that back into the crock and added the bag of dried split peas, dry barely, dry rice, lentils that all came in a bag from the bulk food store like the 7 bean bag of beans.  Added a bag frozen mixed veggies (corn, carrots, green beans, sweet peas), spices like fennel seed, basil, tarragon, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and no salt and not sure if anything else.  Also added a bag of free fresh spinach and cabbage. 

Going to let today's soup cool and mix flavors more in the fridge.  Then going to freeze a container in the freezer.  Tasted a bit and it's good and hearty.

Pretty much tired of the high sodium cans of soups.  The flavors get boring and they are pricey for what little ya get.  Thinking of making more soups in the future.  Soup is easy and fairly inexpensive.  I know it's summer but it seems SOUP IS ON!!

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineArtisan farmer
Serial Hobbyist
 User Gallery
Re: Soups on! [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24472169 - 07/10/17 11:44 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Well done man!

Soup is so cheap to make and easy to store, I don't understand why we don't make more of it. Freeze it, can it, shit I used to freeze it in ice cube trays for my kids when they were babies.

I have a classic go to and its butternut squash curry soup. Effin' primo bro.

Offlinemikeymyc
I'm a teapot

Loc: Bat Country
Re: Soups on! [Re: Artisan farmer]
    #24508544 - 07/26/17 02:29 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I love soup!

I have a couple of easy favourites;

Split ham and pea - one ham hock of average size one bag of green split peas and a couple of bay leaves cooked on low for a few hours (until the hock is falling apart) then the same as your chicken just debone and skin. I blend this one smooth but my mum just shreds the ham.

Potato and leek soup - Slowly cook down a couple of finely sliced leeks in a bunch of butter (until very soft - 30mins) and then add chopped potatoes and water. I add chicken powder and lots of black pepper. Then blend smooth. Add some cream if you like it exxxtra creamy.

Artisan farmer - can't go wrong with butternut squash/pumkin soup!!!

--------------------
Yesterdays weirdness is tomorrows reason why.

Edited by mikeymyc (07/26/17 02:31 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing