Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSegabo
journeyman

Thin Crust Pizza Dough Recipe Wanted.
    #2390078 - 03/01/04 01:58 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

im looking for a nice thing crust pizza dough that will be nice and crunchy when all is said and done. Thanks for any help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
Re: Thin Crust Pizza Dough Recipe Wanted. [Re: Segabo]
    #2406770 - 03/08/04 11:45 AM (20 years, 25 days ago)

This is what my family and friends make:

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup warm water
2 tsp olive oil
1 pakage active yeast ( or 2 1/4 tsp yeast)
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste

Put flour in a large mixing bowl.  Add salt, yeast, and pepper.  Slowly pour the water in to the flour while mixing.  add the oil at this time too.  Preheat the oven to 425F  knead the dough for about 10 minutes then roll dough onto your pizza pan's.  This recipy makes 2 12" pies, or 1 12" deep dish.  After the dough is rolled bake for about 10 minutes, or until the top is golden brown, then take out, put on your sause, cheeze and meats, put back in the oven for another 15 minutes. 

Pre cooking the dough will give the final result's a nice light crunchy crust.  Mixing basil and oregano into the dough mix also gives the pizza a nice flavor.  Tell me how it works out for ya :smile:

--------------------

OfflineSegabo
journeyman

Re: Thin Crust Pizza Dough Recipe Wanted. [Re: FlusH]
    #2421103 - 03/11/04 09:55 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Thanks, will do, sounds very good

Anonymous

#2425136 - 03/12/04 06:49 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

won't the yeast make it thick?

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
Re: Thin Crust Pizza Dough Recipe Wanted. [Re: ]
    #2427943 - 03/13/04 04:10 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

I have found the yeast to make it rize nicely and it is quite fluffy and light. Byt thick do you mean like 1/4" or 1/2" thick crust? When I cut the dough into two balls, it makes 2 12" pies that are around 1cm.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2428154 - 03/13/04 05:18 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

i think if he skipped the yeast it would be like a brittle base like sao biscuits,i like about 1/4 inch. i add yeast too. another good idea is to prick the base with a fork and slightly cook it under the grill before you add the toppings,i found doing this stops that squishyness i sometimes get from the inside not cooking properly

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Loc: HellTrack
Re: Thin Crust Pizza Dough Recipe Wanted. [Re: Segabo]
    #2432101 - 03/14/04 05:51 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

best pizza investment you will ever make...Pizza stone.Man you gotta get one,they are only ten bux or less and they make all the differance in the world.

Anonymous

Re: Thin Crust Pizza Dough Recipe Wanted. [Re: snatchcakes]
    #2440183 - 03/16/04 04:32 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

:wtf: is a pizza stone?

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

#2441366 - 03/16/04 10:01 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Its a large round ceramic/stone plate that you place on the rack in your oven and you preheat it along with the oven.Then you cook the pizza on that,it distributes the heat evenly and hold the heat giving you a very nice crisp crust,its made to mimic the pizza place ovens,because alot of them have the same material inside.and they work great!

Anonymous

Re: Thin Crust Pizza Dough Recipe Wanted. [Re: snatchcakes]
    #2442527 - 03/17/04 08:25 AM (20 years, 16 days ago)

i'll keep an eye out for one :thumbup:

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

#2442994 - 03/17/04 11:17 AM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Alot of people also just buy a large square paver stone(you know like a flat cinder block)and use that,just clean it good.Im not sure what store there are down under,but here they have them everywhere,walmart,all dept stores ect,and they usually come witha metal rack so you can serve the pizza right off the stone on the table so it stays warm,and with a pizza cutter,for under $10 bhux .So yep you wont regret spending the moneyy if you find one.

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Pizza Stone. [Re: snatchcakes]
    #2443396 - 03/17/04 12:59 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Some people have trouble with pizza stones. All too often, they are round, and they take up enough space that you can't put more than one on an oven shelf. So, you can't cover your whole oven shelf with them, and if you could, it would run close to $72.00. Also, pizza stones tend to break, and then you have to replace the whole thing. A cheaper alternative is to go to a store that carries tile floor coverings and ask for unglazed quarry tiles.

The "unglazed" part is very important. Many glazes are made from lead, and you don't want lead in contact with your bread. Unglazed tiles are generally regarded as safe.

Before you go to the floor covering store, measure your oven's shelves so you'll know how much area you are covering. Buy a few extra tiles, in case you break some. Chances are, you can cover both shelves for less than $10.00. Before you put the tiles in the oven, you need to clean them. I suggest you not use soap or detergent, as they can impart off tastes. Instead wash them with a baking soda solution. Scrub and rinse well.

I have found it helps to leave about a 2 inch border between the tiles and the walls of the oven on the left and right sides of the bottom shelf. This lets the heat rise around the tiles - if you don't do this, the bottom shelf will get much too hot, and the top shelf will stay much too cold. Also, expect the tiles to smoke the first time you heat them. It's normal. The tiles in the picture above have been in use about two years. They have some burnt on stains, but work very well.

Once you have the tiles in place, and have heated them, you'll notice a major improvement in your breads, and you will have saved buckets of money over buying pizza stones.

I have been asked, "doesn't dough slide in between the tiles?" The answer here is, no, it doesn't. Even a very liquid dough will harden all but instantly when it hits a 450F tile. There is a slight pattern on the bottom of the tiles, visible in the picture to the right. This loaf was baked on parchment, which reduces the pattern somewhat. I'll replace this picture with a picture of a loaf that was baked using corn meal soon.

Speaking of parchment and corn meal, I used to recommend using corn meal to lubricate bread so it would slide off the peel and onto the oven tiles cleanly. Lately, I have begun to use baker's parchment instead. Corn meal will stay in your oven, where it will burn. It needs to be cleaned out from time to time. Some people suggest other grains, but they will burn also. Parchment leaves no residue, which minimizes oven cleaning. Parchment has a higher kindling point than paper, so even when I am baking at 550F, the parchment does not catch on fire. Parchment does become brittle when it's used - especially when baking at 450F or higher - but it can usually be re-used.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Re: Pizza Stone. [Re: Dankman]
    #2444090 - 03/17/04 04:38 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

i dont doubt that your way is a good way,but i have 2 store bought pizza stones that cost $9.99 each,i use one on each shelf,and ive had them for 3 years now.They have never broke,and i use them all the time for breads,pies,cookies and pizza every friday night,so i dont know where you live where that would cost $72.00.you dont need more than that,most people dont make more than 2 pizzas ata time anyway.
now the tile idea is what i meant by the paver stone,i just didnt know exactly what they use,but for normal everyday use,a good old store bought round ones have been working for 3 years now,with no problems what so ever.

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Pizza Stone. [Re: snatchcakes]
    #2445219 - 03/17/04 09:47 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

yeah I just found that online. I don't even make pizza. Yet.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Anonymous

Re: Pizza Stone. [Re: Dankman]
    #2445244 - 03/17/04 09:53 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

yum that bread looks tasty man :thumbup:
ill keep those tiles in mind,top idea :thumbup:

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Pizza Stone. [Re: Segabo]
    #2466683 - 03/24/04 07:15 AM (20 years, 9 days ago)

Here's a good pizza dough recipe. Used in pizza shops.

For 2 crusts:

Packet yeast sprung in four oz warm water with tsp sugar.
When yeast proofs then add four cups AP flour, 1/2 tsp salt,
1 tsp olive oil, and half of a beaten egg.

Knead it until smooth. Adjust water or flour to make dough
slightly damp to touch but not sticky.

Immediately rolls into boules and place in oiled holding pans wrapped
with plastic and let rise until use. Then merely dust with flour
and stretch and/or throw until thin.

--------------------
...or something

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag