Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineelquesea
Stranger
 User Gallery

PF cakes pinning early
    #24449156 - 07/01/17 08:26 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I made and inoculated these cakes on june 4th, i've been workin out of town for the past three weeks only coming back on sundays, i checked the cakes last week and they were still colonizing no pins, some at 90% some at 60-70%, i tough that by today they were going to be ready for the consolidation week or maybe even for birthing, but i came across with lots of pining started already, some in 100% colonized some in 60% colonized, so i dont know if i ran in to some contamination, i know that early pinning generally means contam, but i wanted the opinion of somebody that actually knows this stuff before doing anything.

The cakes have been siting in a room to themselves, door closed with no other than me going in once a week, temperature has been generally on the 25° C (75-77 F) but theres been a couple of hot days, yesterday was up to 29° C (84 F) for example. they've been havin indirect sun light via a window in front of them trough which the sun never comes directly.

here are the pics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
Re: PF cakes pinning early [Re: elquesea] * 1
    #24449186 - 07/01/17 08:46 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Fruit them!! Theyre screaming to get out.
Harvest when they brake veils an dunk n roll. Id bottom water when they start pumping out fruits.

I have those same pp5's haha

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

Edited by LemurLemur (07/01/17 08:48 AM)

Offlineelquesea
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: PF cakes pinning early [Re: LemurLemur] * 1
    #24449287 - 07/01/17 10:05 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks! Already birthed then and dunnked then, tomorrow to the SFC.

I have those pp5 because I looked Al over the place 200 km radius, for the glad mimi rounds for Agar and this is all I could find, I failed miserably in my Agar attempt hahaha but looks like Im having better luck now :smile:

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Re: PF cakes pinning early [Re: elquesea]
    #24449424 - 07/01/17 11:14 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Agar is that shit u can do anything with clean spawn.
How'd you prepare your agar?

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

InvisibleAlmaDelita
Felines Forever
 User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: PF cakes pinning early [Re: LemurLemur] * 1
    #24449437 - 07/01/17 11:20 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I thought when a substrate fruits before 100% colonization then it's likely a contamination is present. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Re: PF cakes pinning early [Re: AlmaDelita]
    #24449462 - 07/01/17 11:31 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

That is the most very likely reason unless it just really wants to fruit, i think im not 100% sure on that last part i read it somewhere awhile ago.

--------------------

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PF cakes pinning early [Re: AlmaDelita]
    #24449546 - 07/01/17 12:07 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AlmaDelita said:
I thought when a substrate fruits before 100% colonization then it's likely a contamination is present. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

That is a possibility. But the real reason that happens is there is no more available substrate. That condition can be caused by contamination being present in the substrate meaning it's not available. But it can also be caused by things like compression or being over wet or too dry making colonization difficult.

Offlineelquesea
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: PF cakes pinning early [Re: LemurLemur]
    #24449862 - 07/01/17 02:28 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LemurLemur said:
Agar is that shit u can do anything with clean spawn.
How'd you prepare your agar?

Well I've followed a couple recipes, first one was for the pasty plates, exactly as the Tek, but I fucked it up because y Frozen the plates and then PC them, and because I only had a syringe I ended up with bacteria soup, totally my fault, all noob mistakes.

Then I used another one for pour Agar in petri dishes, i think it was for a soft Agar in order to make Munch's blenderless liquid culture, something like 2.9 g of agar two tablespoons of potato flakes  a and a drop of Honey, but only got bacteria again, so I decided to go with PF Tek first and clone from there, so I currently have the 7 cakes of the pics and 22 more in 1/4 pints (I fucked up once again in the conversion from imperial to metric).

Now i have another sleeve of dishes for the cloning and isolation, any recommendations on the recipe?

Offlineelquesea
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: PF cakes pinning early [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #24449989 - 07/01/17 03:36 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Quote:

AlmaDelita said:

That is a possibility. But the real reason that happens is there is no more available substrate. That condition can be caused by contamination being present in the substrate meaning it's not available. But it can also be caused by things like compression or being over wet or too dry making colonization difficult.

Thanks for stopping by, I think that there was a space between the substrate and the container Wich caused a micro climate, I could only smell fresh mushrooms when I birthed the cakes, I know that's not 100% certain but I think there is no contamination, besides the cakes were actually almost all colonized, the was just a couple with strips of substrate not colonized, but I think it was because those were on the opposite side of the inoculation point (i didn't make 4 holes)

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Re: PF cakes pinning early [Re: elquesea]
    #24450390 - 07/01/17 06:27 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Im no agar expert yet im just now getting it right. C10,Bodhi an pasty are the experts. Let me grab the link bomb.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24297804/vc/1#24297804

Try a lil bit thicker agar an a lil less nutes so its not as easy for germs to get a foot hold. With your clones brake open not cut, split then cut a inside piece all in your SAB to put to agar.

--------------------

Edited by LemurLemur (07/01/17 06:31 PM)

Offlineelquesea
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: PF cakes pinning early [Re: LemurLemur]
    #24450926 - 07/01/17 10:34 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LemurLemur said:
Im no agar expert yet im just now getting it right. C10,Bodhi an pasty are the experts. Let me grab the link bomb.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24297804/vc/1#24297804

Try a lil bit thicker agar an a lil less nutes so its not as easy for germs to get a foot hold. With your clones brake open not cut, split then cut a inside piece all in your SAB to put to agar.

Thanks, will do, im gonna try to get some powdered malt extract instead of the  potatos.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: PF cakes pinning early [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #24451171 - 07/02/17 01:43 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Quote:

AlmaDelita said:

Yup sometimes i make my cakes too fluffy and the mycelium cant "grab" it so the cake becomes smaller than it really is.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures