Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDeadfrancis
I am you
Male User Gallery
The school bus analogy * 1
    #24448507 - 07/01/17 01:01 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I thought of a good representation of the relationship between consciousness and reality. Consciousness is like a bus in the sense that the further back we sit the harder it is to see the road which in this case is reality. We're more comfortable with someone else driving the bus because we don't have to waste time when we can be having fun, because we think we only have so much time before we get to the destination but the school bus just keeps going on forever and ever over every inch of the universe.

We either sit up front with the goody goodies, ironically in this case are the Christian people who stay close to reality, formerly known as God, and the further back we sit with the cool kids the more distant we are from paying attention to the road, just in case our driver is a drunken idiot, the driver is our alter ego, and if we are a drunken idiot in reality then our driver is a drunken idiot, and the closer we sit to the front the more aware we are that the driver is drunk or just ignorant and driving unconsciously, and can prevent tragedy, which usually takes down not only you but whoever is with you on the bus.

We can even be hanging on to the back of the bus door which is the place in consciousness known as hell, which is a place that lacks the feeling of security, and we can have butter fingers or a tight grip or be hanging on by a shoe lace and when you fall off that's when you die, but the bus goes on forever. Once you take control of the bus, then until the day you die you have control of where you go, how you drive it, and what goes on in the bus that's physically possible including whatever the imagination provides, you can drive with one hand or no hands or confidently, quickly, slowly, whatever.

The construct of reality to us humans usually applies to us in the same way, and maybe it's different for someone who has previous knowledge about reality before actually experiencing the paradigm shift, but usually, when we first take the wheel it's overwhelming and you fall back to the back of the bus but we feel like it's our duty to drive the bus and feel like we have failed the only purpose we have, the ego takes over the bus again but when we're ready we can drive the bus again.

What if we counted time backwards?

Edited by Deadfrancis (07/01/17 03:46 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDeadfrancis
I am you
Male User Gallery
Re: The school bus analogy [Re: Deadfrancis]
    #24448590 - 07/01/17 01:45 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Another anology is how our contentment and total state of enlightenment is thwarted by nothing other than our overthinking mind, it's kind of like when you're trying to have really good sex but it's not that good when it's a stranger and the part of our consciousness is present that's judging the person instead of being in acceptance and friendship with them, so it's better to stop having sex, be real with each other, gain a sense of security from each other and then the sex is phenomenal because you're in the moment and not thinking about how it could be better, it doesn't get better by changing positions and using your imagination, its only truly fulfilling when there is no thought of how things can be better.

Aiming to have no expectations is a step towards enlightenment, and if you have had an enlightenment and think it's all over and you're just waiting to die now, there's a lot more than you think, the awakening is just walking into the secret hole in the wall that nobody knows about, and only you know how to get in but you can't explain it to your friends so they can't get in and you eventually just stop going to the hole in the wall, but it's still there, and there's a lot more over there than we thought, but we have to venture through across the land in the open with no security and no understanding of the place, and only the darkness of the universe above you with football field type stadium lighting all along the way, but you have to go alone to find all the gods and majestic creatures that have love and wisdom and bonds between reality and illusions on the other side, and I know that sounds like some shit but that's where I am.

I have experienced the biblical falling of the stars upon the Earth, they aren't "up there" we're standing right here with them and in our imagination we can picture that- we're just a man on a big blue ball with a black sky above us and sun that brings us light occasionally, but to actually see it we have to get all the ridiculousness out of our heads. Within  .05 seconds of something occuring we begin to gather an interpretation about what happened, that's not reality, that's living in imaginationland. If you're not gonna remember this moment next week then right now you're a zombie just dragging your consciousness on the ground behind you while you're mainframe searches for answers, knowledge. Brains.

We don't realize how unconscious we are until we snap out of it, and then snap out of it again and again until the rose finally blooms, and then dies, and then plants another seed and then grows again, all as one action, one event that we're all part of.

Edited by Deadfrancis (07/01/17 03:37 PM)

OfflineDeadfrancis
I am you
Male User Gallery
    #24448631 - 07/01/17 02:08 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

One more. The universe is like a cheap amusement park and it's fun as long as there's still more to experience, but those experiences are all perceptions, every ride is basically the same spinny ride with a different name, and once that's realized then you pretty much cash out, there's nothing else to realize, there's nothing more to gain, the guy who built the place, God, isn't around anymore, he doesn't care what you do, but all that imagination can lead you to ride the rides so much that one of them breaks down while your on it and bad things happen to you.

All the joy that is shared between friends is energy that is Perceived as real but it's only in the mind, and that joy is usually stirred up only because we're trying desperately to escape the darkness, and that darkness isn't totally eradicated when we're laughing, friendship is kind of like passing around a hot potato and the biggest liar is the one who gets burned, it's a competition to see who gets votes off the island,it depends on a common enemy and once that common enemy is gone, say you get stranded with your best friend on an island it's only a matter of time before it becomes a love hate relationship and you'll have to come to an understanding that you're just two people, so make the best of it by offering a sense of security while we live another day to die.

Edited by Deadfrancis (07/01/17 03:36 PM)

OfflineEarthsweeties
Curioso
    #24449112 - 07/01/17 09:52 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Paragraphspls

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #24451196 - 07/02/17 04:15 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

"You're either on the bus or off the bus." - Ken Kesey

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism