Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehomelessheathen
my first batch
    #2444683 - 03/17/04 09:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I started my first dozen PF jars in October. They were from a syringe of Lipa Yai that somebody had given me. It had been stored for about a year in the fridge before I used them. I don't know how old it was before I got it. The rice flour I used was at least six months old. I finally got some fully colonized jars by January. None of the twelve jars got contammed while they were closed, although, in retrospect, they had gotten too dry in all that time. Three of them were cased in unsterilized potting soil. They were immediately eaten by green meanies. Four of them were put into a sterilite perlite dual chambered tub that was ventilated about twice a day. I got about 46g wet, six grams dry t from them. Four others were stored cold and eventually put in the tub. They all slowly succumbed to green. The last one, I dunked, sliced up and cased with verm, oyster and pickling lime. They fruited and bore 46g wet. I'm learning.
My question is about the last casing. Before it fruited, the white started showing through. One clump of white wasn't quite white, but a bit grey. and thicker. After fruiting, it had grown to about 1.5" across and was a bit darker grey. I examined it and found GREEN(!) inside of it. I scraped it off and threw it away(see pic) There was no sign of further growth under it, but my experience has shown that once you got green, give up and feed the compost bed. The fruits looked healthy. Is there any chance that they are adversely affected by the green? Is there any way to tell? Should I just toss the whole 46g? They look so purty!
Harv

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

Re: my first batch [Re: homelessheathen]
    #2445174 - 03/17/04 11:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation