Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

Re: Caffeine euphoria [Re: topdog82]
    #24446773 - 06/30/17 10:34 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

depends on the coffee and how its roasted too, some get you high in different ways, theres complex concoctions of alkaloids in different cultivars of coffee beans. I have this coffee scientist friend who is all nerdy about coffee beans, hes given me some crazy coffee before that gets you stoned.

tolerance may also depend on the specific coffee bean, kinda like weed. you get used to certain strains, then use a different strain and you get blasted

--------------------
Trees is dead, this is his mum posting

Edited by trees (06/30/17 10:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Caffeine euphoria [Re: trees]
    #24446781 - 06/30/17 10:36 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

What the flying fuck? I was unaware that there was much more to coffee than theobromine and caffeine. Maybe some antioxidants

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: Caffeine euphoria [Re: badchad] * 1
    #24446792 - 06/30/17 10:44 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

adenosine receptor antagonist

Are you sure we got them down south?

:manvsfish:

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: Caffeine euphoria [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #24446812 - 06/30/17 10:54 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4462609/#!po=6.61765

Quote:

Caffeine, the most widely consumed psychoactive substance in the world, is used to promote wakefulness and enhance alertness. Like other wake-promoting drugs (stimulants and modafinil), caffeine enhances dopamine (DA) signaling in the brain, which it does predominantly by antagonizing adenosine A2A receptors (A2AR). However, it is unclear if caffeine, at the doses consumed by humans, increases DA release or whether it modulates the functions of postsynaptic DA receptors through its interaction with adenosine receptors, which modulate them.

:guiltyascharged:

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Loc: Scotland
    #24447015 - 06/30/17 01:01 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

In the absence of caffeine and when a person is awake and alert, little adenosine is present in (CNS) neurons. With a continued wakeful state, over time it accumulates in the neuronal synapse, in turn binding to and activating adenosine receptors found on certain CNS neurons; when activated, these receptors produce a cellular response that ultimately increases drowsiness. When caffeine is consumed, it antagonizes adenosine receptors; in other words, caffeine prevents adenosine from activating the receptor by blocking the location on the receptor where adenosine binds to it. As a result, caffeine temporarily prevents or relieves drowsiness, and thus maintains or restores alertness.

Caffeine is a receptor antagonist at all adenosine receptor subtypes (A1, A2A, A2B, and A3 receptors).Antagonism at these receptors stimulates the medullary vagal, vasomotor, and respiratory centers, which increases respiratory rate, reduces heartrate, and constricts blood vessels. Adenosine receptor antagonism also promotes neurotransmitter release (e.g., monoamines and acetylcholine), which endows caffeine with its stimulant effects; adenosine acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter that suppresses activity in the central nervous system. Heart palpitations are caused by blockade of the adenosine A1 receptor.
Because caffeine is both water- and lipid-soluble, it readily crosses the blood–brain barrier that separates the bloodstream from the interior of the brain. Once in the brain, the principal mode of action is as a nonselective antagonist of adenosine receptors (in other words, an agent that reduces the effects of adenosine). The caffeine molecule is structurally similar to adenosine, and is capable of binding to adenosine receptors on the surface of cells without activating them, thereby acting as a competitive antagonist.In addition to its activity at adenosine receptors, caffeine is an inositol trisphosphate receptor 1 antagonist and a voltage-independent activator of the ryanodine receptors (RYR1, RYR2, and RYR3). It is also a competitive antagonist of the ionotropic glycine receptor.

--------------------
Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: Caffeine euphoria [Re: daz01]
    #24447038 - 06/30/17 01:08 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

when caffeine stops the breakdown of cAMP, its effects are prolonged, and the response throughout the body is effectively amplified. In the heart, this response prompts norepinephrine--also called noradrenalin--and a related neurotransmitter, epinephrine, to increase the rate and force of the muscle's contractions. Although the two act in concert, norepinephrine is released by sympathetic nerves near the pacemaker tissue of the heart, whereas epinephrine is released primarily by the adrenal glands. These chemical messages lead to "fight or flight" behavior.

:guiltyascharged:  :guiltyascharged:  :guiltyascharged:  :guiltyascharged:  :guiltyascharged:  :smileandnod:

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Loc: Scotland
    #24447178 - 06/30/17 01:55 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Adenosine receptor antagonism also promotes neurotransmitter release (e.g., monoamines and acetylcholine), which endows caffeine with its stimulant effects; adenosine acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter that suppresses activity in the central nervous system.

:guiltyascharged:  I think we can agree caffeines primary mechanism of action is via adenosine.

--------------------
Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: Caffeine euphoria [Re: daz01]
    #24447196 - 06/30/17 02:02 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

That's probably the funniest adenosine joke of all time

When I hit that spoiler button and it was that dude from again I lol'ed

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

Offlinexbloodwhipx

#24447246 - 06/30/17 02:18 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Caffeine doesn't get you high lmfao..

Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

Re: Caffeine euphoria [Re: xbloodwhipx]
    #24447249 - 06/30/17 02:21 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

xbloodwhipx said:

:underage:

--------------------

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#24447252 - 06/30/17 02:22 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I've had some weird experiences with caffeine and sleep deprivation

Call it whatever but it can get pretty out there

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

Offlinexbloodwhipx

#24450342 - 07/01/17 06:05 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

trees said:
Quote:

xbloodwhipx said:

:underage:

LOL, the one who points out the obvious fact is :underage: but all the jackasses who claim coffee gets them high aren't?

Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

#24450365 - 07/01/17 06:18 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

There isn't any one single definition of being high. Sorry to burst your pseudo scholar authority bubble of master all knowing drug knowlege

I can say I'm high as fuck on coffee and no one can invalidate my vocabulary on that

That's why you're :underage: cus you're borderline offended by someone using the word "high" on something that's not weed or whatever you think it's exclusive to

OWNED noob, go back to your cave and take yer fackin BoNg RiPz

--------------------

Offlinexbloodwhipx

#24450566 - 07/01/17 08:04 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Coffee doesn't make you high regardless of whatever the fuck you think high means. "but being high is subjective!" No, its not. High= Relatively altered state of mind. No, that definition isn't out of a dictionary, but when someone (most people) claims they are high, they are normally in a relatively altered state of mind (IE, not mildly stimulated from a cup of fucking coffee).

OfflineWiiiiilson
Katso Grower
Male User Gallery

#24450813 - 07/01/17 09:38 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I used to get that caffeine high all the time, especially when I first starting drinking coffee semi-regularly when I was about 16.
It used to be part of my Saturday morning routine. Wake up starving hungry, coffee and cereal. The coffee would kick in before Id digested the cereal and Id be buzzing like hell for 2 hours. Grand ideas, energy to play basketball like a madman. Then it would fade when the breakfast hit.

I think it's part of not being fully tolerant to caffeine yet or having a stronger coffee than normal. I still get it if I have a double strength coffee or if I hold off for a few days and then have a good coffee.

I love it!

--------------------
Long time lurker and learner!

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#24450840 - 07/01/17 09:51 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

xbloodwhipx said:
Coffee doesn't make you high regardless of whatever the fuck you think high means. "but being high is subjective!" No, its not. High= Relatively altered state of mind. No, that definition isn't out of a dictionary, but when someone (most people) claims they are high, they are normally in a relatively altered state of mind (IE, not mildly stimulated from a cup of fucking coffee).

Coffee gets most people higher than angel dust.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

#24450844 - 07/01/17 09:55 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

There may be a reverse tolerance at first w cofree as you need to activate certain receptors in the brain for those cI'm pounds in coffee. I know many drugs for me required a priming or 2 to get them working. Not sure how long coffee took, been sipping it forever.

Blood whip probably hasn't drank enough coffee in his life yet, has yet to experience the coffee OD's and variety of effects from different beans.

--------------------

OfflineABC12
Stranger
    #24450881 - 07/01/17 10:13 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, caffeine tolerance goes up quick as shit.

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #24450962 - 07/01/17 10:55 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

everytime I quit coffee, I realize how much it actually affects my daily functioning. I feel it keeps alot more background mental noise going. I think imma quit again. the one drug I do habitually these days:lol:

Quote:

xbloodwhipx said:

"relatively" is an inherently subjective word. Coffee alters my state of mind. I just stated that when I quit, I feel much calmer, much less stressed and more peaceful. Hence it alters your mind when you are on it versus off it. you are wrong.

Meditation alters my state of mind. so does exercise
so do veggies and fruits. and so do processed foods. By that regard, I am high on this mornings breakfast of eggs, toast, fruits and veggies

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#24451085 - 07/02/17 12:27 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

xbloodwhipx said:
Coffee doesn't make you high regardless of whatever the fuck you think high means. "but being high is subjective!" No, its not. High= Relatively altered state of mind.

Coffee is a psychoactive drug, it is a stimulant and though you might not feel coffee, I can drink 1/2-1 cup once every few days at most because it DOES make me high, and not just a little.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale