Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Do you believe in destiny?
    #2444087 - 03/17/04 04:38 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

So, do you? Do you believe there is some grand plan for all of us?

I'm not saying that every little thing you do is meant to happen, I'm jusy saying that no matter which "road" you choose to walk down, certain things will happen in your life regardless.

The reason I'm bringing this up is that I have this gut feeling that I'm going to do something great relating to music. Like something fucking great, big, huge, legendary. Although I'm kinda worried that everyone feels that way, heh :smile: But it's strange. I just have this feeling... Everyday for the last couple years or so I've day dreamed about being a great musician. It's the only thing I want to do. Everyone always asks me "What do you want to do in your life? There has to be something you want to do with the reeesssttt ooff youuur liiife!" I've argued and struggled with myself trying to figure out what it is that I want to do, and it's right infront of me... music. 

But I can guess you can say that I'm a little afraid of failure. Here I am thinking I'm the next, I dunno, Beatles, and then I go out into the real world and just dive bomb into the ground with laughter all around.

Hah it's kinda funny, I want to go out and start a band but I keep telling myself "No, you gotta get better! Better better and better! The day will come, but for now, you gotta get better" Maybe I'm just stalling.

One thing that kinda gives me courage is the load of crap being played in mainstream today. I just watch MTV and mumble to myself... "Fuckin hell I can do 200 times better than this"

But fuck, where to start? I always imagined going off to college will be the starting point... so we'll soon see.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSYCOdelik
Trippy
Male

Loc: where am i again?
Re: Do you believe in destiny? [Re: adamj]
    #2444120 - 03/17/04 04:50 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

What is destiny, but an exceptance of the mind.

You see great things in life, you want to do great things in life.

You feel a great erge to do something great, an erge so great that, your mind excepts it to be the truth of what you are here to do.

Everyone wants to do something great, everyone has a desire to be remembered..if not what evidance of your life would there be?

But, if you feel a strong erge to accomplish something, and you believe you are here to do something, you cant wait for destiny and just let it happen... you must work for it, strive for it, and make it happen.

So I say, your destiny will be to be a great musician, but only if you work for it, and really that is what you want to do.

Good luck

**P.S : I feel thiw way to, for about the last two year, I have felt that I here to become a great guitarist, or part of a great rock band. But this just wont happen I have to make it happen.
I havent gotten a band together yet, but I increased my guitar playing to at least 3 hrs everyday (for the last two years). And I've been playing the guitar for 5 yrs.

But dont let the fact that we share the same feeling's about our lives. To my knowledge many people feel this way, thats why new bands are formed.

again Good luck..

what instrument do you play?

--------------------

~Life is one long ride, make it the best ride you can.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #2444134 - 03/17/04 04:54 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

This may make you feel worse, or better, I dunno, but:

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Music is the only thing I love enough to do forever. So it has to be music. It's scary venturing into a life putting "all your eggs" in the music basket.. I've decided I can't do that fully, it's too risky.. I'm gonna put most of my eggs in the music basket, and toss a few into the graphic design basket too, as sort of a backup. (I already know how to do it well, I started into it on my own when I was like 12)

OfflineDrWho
TimeLord

Loc: nth ring
    #2444294 - 03/17/04 05:56 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

yes, i do believe in destiny

--------------------

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: Do you believe in destiny? [Re: DrWho]
    #2444487 - 03/17/04 06:47 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

yea destiny is fer real :3rd_eye:

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2444517 - 03/17/04 06:52 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

I go back and forth on this. There are some times in my life when it seems like the things that have happened to me happened for a reason, but other times I look at it and it all seems so random and chaotic.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Anonymous

Re: Do you believe in destiny? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2444530 - 03/17/04 06:58 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

I believe every cause has an effect and each effect can create another cause..So in a way, there is a great chain reaction that can happen but at the same time we have some control over what we do...Im kind of lost on this subject because like silversoul said things can seem to happen for a reason and then things are just wild, crazy and fluke...

Offlinevade
veteran

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #2444621 - 03/17/04 07:25 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

I'm not sure if i beleave in destiny, when i really start to think about it i feel that if destiny is a real thing
that i should be able to break free of it and choose my own path. I don't know, i guess i just don't like the fealing
of having everything planned out, why would people by destined to starve to death and live horrible lives???
The way i think, is that destiny will only take you so far, and that when you get to that point you have to break
free of it and make your own decisions, your decisions make your destiny.

Break free and create your own destiny, thats the way i like to think of it.

--------------------
I've got this feeling that there's something that I missed...

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Re: Do you believe in destiny? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2444817 - 03/17/04 08:25 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

JacquesCousteau:

Hah strange, that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm going to college for graphic design (hopefully guitar but the auditions + testing looks haard) But arr all I wanna do is make music.

SYCOdelik:

I play the guitar as well. Man, you have 5 years under your belt? That's enough skill to be in a band. I started like 5 years ago, but played on and off. Finally got serious 2 yrs ago, playing like 2-4 hrs a day.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2444859 - 03/17/04 08:39 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

I kind of have to believe in destiny ..that there are reasons for everything that has happened to me in my life, because it's been such a struggle for me. And I just hope that it all has its significance in the end.

Maybe you can have a certain amount of control over your life but the more important things and the main directions that your life is meant to take will override. I choose to believe that it all has a greater meaning.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: Do you believe in destiny? [Re: Locus]
    #2444911 - 03/17/04 08:53 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Locus said:
I kind of have to believe in destiny ..that there are reasons for everything that has happened to me in my life, because it's been such a struggle for me. And I just hope that it all has its significance in the end.

Maybe you can have a certain amount of control over your life but the more important things and the main directions that your life is meant to take will override. I choose to believe that it all has a greater meaning.

and it does :grin:

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2444930 - 03/17/04 08:56 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

I believe I was destined to have free will

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2445040 - 03/17/04 09:17 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

I don't know if I believe in destiny, because I don't know if I define destiny the same as the philosophers on this forum define destiny.  :grin:

I like to think of destiny as what Emerson said about it, the huge quotation of whom I posted on that rapidly growing  "free will" thread that is currently dominating the forum.

We have the free will to choose that which I believe we are "called" to do, or not.  If we choose to do what we are called to do, that is then our destiny.  And there is a reason for us to fulfill that destiny, probably in the grand scheme of things.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag