Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Teen on mushrooms crashes into house, kills friend * 1
    #24441769 - 06/28/17 10:14 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

A 17-year-old boy allegedly high on mushrooms was charged with driving a car into his friend and killing him before crashing into the second teen’s house early Sunday in Kansas City, North.

Jacob David Mustoe of Kansas City, North, was charged in Clay County Circuit Court with one count of involuntary manslaughter in the death of 17-year-old Jake A. Wehmeyer.

Wehmeyer was killed when a fight among teenagers broke out during a party at his home in the 9400 block of North Kentucky Avenue in the Woodneath Farms subdivision shortly before 4 a.m. Sunday.

A cousin of Wehmeyer’s parents, who spoke for the family, said Wehmeyer had invited three friends over. They had been hanging out when a fight broke out. The fight made its way outside to the front yard, and at one point, Wehmeyer was struck by a car that prosecutors say was driven by Mustoe.

According to court documents:

Mustoe allegedly was under the influence of psilocybin mushrooms the night of the incident.

Mustoe and Wehmeyer got into an argument, which escalated to throwing items, apparently billiard balls, at each other.

Mustoe reportedly told police he left and went to his car. He started it up and accelerated south on Kentucky. He allegedly aimed the car toward Wehmeyer’s house, driving into a neighbor’s yard.

Mustoe reportedly told police he did that because he was high on the mushrooms, and he thought “everything would be OK” even if he hit the house.

Mustoe said he saw Wehmeyer standing in the neighbor’s yard trying to get him to slow down and stop, but it was too late. Mustoe reportedly hit the victim and crashed into the garage door.

Mustoe told police he then went inside, where he passed out. When he came to, he saw Wehmeyer lying under his car unresponsive.

Mustoe went to the neighbor’s house to get help and then ran back inside Wehmeyer’s house, where he allegedly began to destroy property, including running into walls, causing holes in the drywall.

He then ran home, which is about a mile away, where he contacted his mother. He took a shower and change

Police arriving at the scene found Wehmeyer lying partially under the car in the driveway. The car had crashed through the closed garage door.

Inside the house, police found evidence of a struggle, including holes in the walls and blood throughout the basement and first floor.

Neighbors told police that the parents had gone out of town and that their two sons had been left at home.

With her son staying home, Mustoe’s mother went to Wehmeyer’s home and approached police there. She said that her son had come home and told her that Wehmeyer needed help. She described Mustoe’s car, which police determined was the one that had crashed into the house.

Police went to Mustoe’s home. When they contacted him, he allegedly had injuries that led police to think that he had been the driver. He was placed under arrest and then taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries.

He was then taken to police headquarters for questioning.

Mustoe’s bond has been set at $200,000.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article158244279.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

Re: Teen on mushrooms crashes into house, kills friend [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #24441946 - 06/28/17 11:35 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Damn that's a bad night.

--------------------

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: Teen on mushrooms crashes into house, kills friend [Re: searching]
    #24442199 - 06/28/17 01:48 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

really bad night, one that will ruin the rest of this kids life. i can't imagine the guilt he will have now that he is sober.

--------------------

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation Flag
Re: Teen on mushrooms crashes into house, kills friend [Re: ReposadoXochipilli] * 2
    #24442382 - 06/28/17 03:14 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Not to play down the claim of ps. mushrooms being to blame...but I just find it kinda funny there is no mention of alcohol. I'd be willing to bet drinking played as big of or bigger part of a role in this debacle than the mushrooms did.
I don't think I've ever seen a fight break out with people using mushrooms only.. in my whole life.

The loss of life is tragic and the kid will have to live with that as well as the friend who was killed's family having to try to find peace and forgiveness. I do think that $200G is a lot for bail though.

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Offlineegoslap
Goat
 User Gallery

Re: Teen on mushrooms crashes into house, kills friend [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #24442403 - 06/28/17 03:28 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mustoe reportedly told police he did that because he was high on the mushrooms, and he thought “everything would be OK” even if he hit the house.

Hes trying to get out of the fact he had an arguement and then chose to kill his friend by blaming being high on mushrooms.

Why would mushrooms make anyone think it was OK to get into a car and purposefully speed it up and drive it into your friend? 

Thats premeditated murder and hes trying to weasal out of it by blaming mushrooms.

He probably hadn't even used any cuz if he had he wouldn't be fighting and driving cars at people in a rage lol.

Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

Re: Teen on mushrooms crashes into house, kills friend [Re: egoslap]
    #24443312 - 06/28/17 09:27 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Unbelievably sad. Hard to read this and not go "wow, my life really isn't as shitty as I thought it to be" I can't imagine what the parents or the teen is going through. This is a big steaming pile of pain all around.

Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

Re: Teen on mushrooms crashes into house, kills friend [Re: Thayendanegea] * 2
    #24443319 - 06/28/17 09:29 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Thayendanegea said:
Not to play down the claim of ps. mushrooms being to blame...but I just find it kinda funny there is no mention of alcohol. I'd be willing to bet drinking played as big of or bigger part of a role in this debacle than the mushrooms did.
I don't think I've ever seen a fight break out with people using mushrooms only.. in my whole life.

The loss of life is tragic and the kid will have to live with that as well as the friend who was killed's family having to try to find peace and forgiveness. I do think that $200G is a lot for bail though.

FWIW, i've had a person scream bloody murder at me after taking mushrooms. It's hard to predict how someone is going to react.

Offlinesean321
Stranger
Re: Teen on mushrooms crashes into house, kills friend [Re: 404]
    #24443595 - 06/29/17 12:22 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

this is bull shit he is just blaming the magic mushrooms as a defense when the is responsible for his actions.

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: Teen on mushrooms crashes into house, kills friend [Re: sean321]
    #24445829 - 06/29/17 09:24 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

damn kids acting childish.  Seems like things got out of hand real quick

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Teen on mushrooms crashes into house, kills friend [Re: Ogla]
    #24449646 - 07/01/17 12:55 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

seems like mushrooms were just along for the ride and this kid was off his fucking rocker to begin with. Mushrooms don't make you think crashing your car is going to make things better. He probably ate a half gram and wasn't even fucked up on them if he was driving at all anyway

Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

Re: Teen on mushrooms crashes into house, kills friend [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24449948 - 07/01/17 03:16 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

No. crazy things CAN happen when people take hallucinogenic drugs. not everyone reacts the same. some people have breaks with reality as the line between fantasy and reality can blur pretty hard for some people. some people have straight up psychotic reactions to mushrooms and other substances. like when people get high on LSD and just take off all their clothes and completely lose touch with reality. it happens.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: Teen on mushrooms crashes into house, kills friend [Re: sean321]
    #24451679 - 07/02/17 10:11 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sean321 said:
this is bull shit he is just blaming the magic mushrooms as a defense when the is responsible for his actions.

If you kill someone but don't mean to, it changes from murder to manslaughter.  Being under the influence of mushrooms will help his case a lot.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: Teen on mushrooms crashes into house, kills friend [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #24466931 - 07/08/17 06:42 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Burke Dennings said:

Mustoe said he saw Wehmeyer standing in the neighbor’s yard trying to get him to slow down and stop, but it was too late. Mustoe reportedly hit the victim and crashed into the garage door.

Mustoe told police he then went inside, where he passed out.

I don't even know where to start

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate