Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStreetRat
Diamond in the Rough
Male

g2g dirty spawn w flow hood & contaminants affecting fruits
    #24441134 - 06/28/17 12:07 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I'm curious as to what the aftermath would be if I g2g'd my dirty spawn with the use of a flowhood. I know you're not supposed to let trichoderma anywhere near the flowhood since it'll blow all over your room and will potentially destroy your future grows in that room but what about other contaminants/bacteria/etc?

Has anyone actually had trich blow all over their room and still have success in that room or is this a myth?

For those of you who haven't seen my spawn please look here to see what I'm referring to

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24432904

Also, I'm curious as to how contaminants/bacteria/trich affects your fruits if you even get any? It's not really the appearance of the fruits that I'm concerned about.... :wink:

(should this be in the advanced forum?)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineportabel
Stranger
Re: g2g dirty spawn w flow hood & contaminants affecting fruits [Re: StreetRat]
    #24441203 - 06/28/17 12:59 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Why would you not just throw away the bad spawn?

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under your bed Flag
Re: g2g dirty spawn w flow hood & contaminants affecting fruits [Re: portabel]
    #24441229 - 06/28/17 01:44 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

That spawn is just a tad bacterial nothing crazy i would g2g it ... and why would you g2g triched out jars ? If you spawn a trich jar all you will get is trich period... if you spawn a tub and get trich during a flush then you will get fruits more then likely but ...

If you have anything green or super bacterial in your jars toss them asap besides that a bit of bacteria wont hurt

--------------------

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Loc: The Sporetorn States
Re: g2g dirty spawn w flow hood & contaminants affecting fruits [Re: Boogieman47]
    #24441281 - 06/28/17 02:46 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone that has ever had trich has had it go all over our room, every room.  I doubt there's a single one of us that has ever used a still air box that didn't have trich in it.  If you are concerned maybe go over your walls, floor, and sealings with a swiffer or smth after letting the air in the room sit.  The hepa shouldn't compromise the operation of your flow hood, and my guess is if you did nothing you'd still be fine, other than tending to blame every contam you got on that one incident.

--------------------

I spawned some popcorn casings and had double-overlay cause I didn't put enough hydrogen peroxide in my automated aquarium mister.  I only got one mushroom so I cut off the head part where the seeds fall from and put it in a jar of LC and sprayed it all over a tin of PF cakes I made with gravel, cardboard, and bisquick in my microwave.  I think it will be good cause B+ is so potent.
Triggered yet?

Only a square would say "a cube is a cube."

No, this does not look right...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder