Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshroomivore
Stranger

steralizing sgfc after contam?
    #24440210 - 06/27/17 08:05 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

i am having trouble with my b+ and albino.
i threw away probably perfectly good cakes today case i thought they were contaminated with bluish greenish mycelium but i think it was just that they are getting dehydrated after being in sgfc for weeks with no pins. my golden teacher which is only one fruiting starting to show bluish signs as well.
before i put in other collinated jars which have pins i want to clean sgfc just in case it was a contam.
any advice?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePanarchist
Cyanescendant
 User Gallery

Loc: Copeland
Re: steralizing sgfc after contam? [Re: shroomivore]
    #24440620 - 06/27/17 10:13 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

if your cakes were sitting in the SGFC that long they probably were dehydrated so you should have no need to clean it. if you can post pictures it will help to diagnose your problem.

--------------------

OfflineBird_Guts
Ser Peniswrinkle
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Cold 9 months out of the ... Flag
Re: steralizing sgfc after contam? [Re: Panarchist]
    #24440634 - 06/27/17 10:21 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Hot soapy water

Bleach water If your really  worried about it

--BG--

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: steralizing sgfc after contam? [Re: Bird_Guts]
    #24441072 - 06/28/17 01:32 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Never have, never will. Soap and water is at most what you should need.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under your bed Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: steralizing sgfc after contam? [Re: Mad Season]
    #24441247 - 06/28/17 04:04 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I just spray my tubs out with the hose rub the shit with my hands spray again then right before i spawn i spray with bleach solution and wipe it out with a paper towel

--------------------

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Loc: The Sporetorn States
Re: steralizing sgfc after contam? [Re: Boogieman47]
    #24441272 - 06/28/17 04:36 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like your humidity is dropping way to far and causing bruising.  Probably no need to clean at all.  If you're going to wipe down the sides cause you're concerned about contamination, you really need to sanitize your perlite as well or there's really no point.  Mold will be obvious, the green and blue colours are sporulation, so if it just looked like the mycellium changed colour but was not coated with a powder/fuzz, it was probably just bluing.

Keep in mind that contaminant spores are basically always present in the environment, and healthy mycellium resists them as a matter of course.  Once it flushes it becomes vulnerable as it depletes its energy source on the production of spaceschlongs, or if conditions are poor.  If you have contamination problems, it's most likely that your SGFC is too wet or your cakes were not healthy (most likely bacterial) to start with.

Make sure you review how to use an SGFC.  Key points being that your perlite needs to be wet, you need to have the bottom exposed to air to aid in evaporation if I recall, and when you mist your cakes should look like they are powdered in a fresh snow, but water droplets not snow.  There are definitely better sources than me on SGFC usage.  I was too cheap to buy perlite and still am :wink:

--------------------

I spawned some popcorn casings and had double-overlay cause I didn't put enough hydrogen peroxide in my automated aquarium mister.  I only got one mushroom so I cut off the head part where the seeds fall from and put it in a jar of LC and sprayed it all over a tin of PF cakes I made with gravel, cardboard, and bisquick in my microwave.  I think it will be good cause B+ is so potent.
Triggered yet?

Only a square would say "a cube is a cube."

No, this does not look right...

Offlineshroomivore
Stranger

Re: steralizing sgfc after contam? [Re: Machiavelliavore]
    #24443015 - 06/28/17 09:15 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Panarchist said:
if your cakes were sitting in the SGFC that long they probably were dehydrated so you should have no need to clean it. if you can post pictures it will help to diagnose your problem.

Quote:

Bird_Guts said:
Hot soapy water

Bleach water If your really  worried about it

--BG--

Quote:

Mad Season said:
Never have, never will. Soap and water is at most what you should need.

Quote:

Boogieman47 said:
I just spray my tubs out with the hose rub the shit with my hands spray again then right before i spawn i spray with bleach solution and wipe it out with a paper towel

Quote:

Machiavelliavore said:
Sounds like your humidity is dropping way to far and causing bruising.  Probably no need to clean at all.  If you're going to wipe down the sides cause you're concerned about contamination, you really need to sanitize your perlite as well or there's really no point.  Mold will be obvious, the green and blue colours are sporulation, so if it just looked like the mycellium changed colour but was not coated with a powder/fuzz, it was probably just bluing.

Keep in mind that contaminant spores are basically always present in the environment, and healthy mycellium resists them as a matter of course.  Once it flushes it becomes vulnerable as it depletes its energy source on the production of spaceschlongs, or if conditions are poor.  If you have contamination problems, it's most likely that your SGFC is too wet or your cakes were not healthy (most likely bacterial) to start with.

Make sure you review how to use an SGFC.  Key points being that your perlite needs to be wet, you need to have the bottom exposed to air to aid in evaporation if I recall, and when you mist your cakes should look like they are powdered in a fresh snow, but water droplets not snow.  There are definitely better sources than me on SGFC usage.  I was too cheap to buy perlite and still am :wink:

thanks for the replies i just ended up putting the sgfc in the tub and spraying it down really good. i noticed though that there was a blue tint around the shadow of the golden teacher cake which i harvested last night. seemed like it could have been spores that the mushrooms were dropping but it looked bluish? maybe contam?

i dont know but i washed it all away and fed the cakes to my worms. they are probably tripping balls as we speak right now!! lol. there was no shadow of spores around any of the other cakes ( did not have mushrooms) so that is why i came to the conclusion the mushrooms mush have let out spores.

the mushies look healthy and blue
and i am also taking into consideration that the mushroom is able to fight off bacteria and fungus on the daily,
but just in case,
i threw them out and moving on to the next ones.
i just got batteries for my old camera so i can post pictures now next time i need some advice
thanks ya'll

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation