Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenoqtrgiven
Stranger
New please help :)
    #24436220 - 06/26/17 10:51 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Hi everyone! New here and could use some help. I live in florida and it's been raining ALOT the past 2 weeks so I figured I'd go out and see if I could find some mushrooms for both eating and recreational use. I'm kinda new to the whole finding it on my own thing so I did a bit of research but could still use some help identifying things!

I found some of these in my yard, sorry it got destroyed but it fell apart as soon as I picked it. Any possible ideas or should I go get a new one and hope it doesn't fall apart?

I found a bunch of these growing on some wood. Thank you for any help and sorry if the pictures aren't enough or something like that. Like I said pretty new to looking for mushrooms myself.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnglerfishM
hearing things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norvegr Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: New please help :) [Re: noqtrgiven]
    #24436228 - 06/26/17 10:59 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

First is possibly something in Psathyrellaceae, but we'll need a picture of a whole specimen to get further.
Please bring your camera outside and take good clear pictures of the mushroom before picking it.

Second looks like a polypore, again you should take in situ pictures of an intact specimen, and also
take notes of what kind of wood it grows from.

Use this template to make proper identification requests.

Welcome to the Shroomery. :toast:

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification