Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

colinozation on a rice cake (is it edible?)
    #2442689 - 03/17/04 09:17 AM (20 years, 16 days ago)

hey guys, i did a make shift pf tek where i used 100% brown rice stuff. I bought brown rice and brown rice cakes at HEB and used a coffee grinder the chope some of the brown rice into flour. i crushed the rice cakes so that they were airy and mixed with water and BRF and then sterilized in a pressure cooker. long story short, 3 out of 4 jars turned out bad, but sense one of then was a succsess, and when it stops producing mushrooms (as i see it in a little while) is the cake consumable? From school i learned that the mushroom is made of the same stuff that is growing underneath it. Thus the cap, stem and 'cake' itself all have the same amount of potency.. if im right. so would this mean that i could prpare and eat a piece of that cake when it comes time? would anyone of you guys recomend it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: colinozation on a rice cake (is it edible?) [Re: Ogla]
    #2442840 - 03/17/04 10:22 AM (20 years, 16 days ago)

don't do it.  if you did the pf tek, the cake contains BRF and vermiculite.  you don't want to digest vermiculite.  its volcanic glass basically.  trust me.  while the mycelium does have some potency, it is not as potent imho.  i've tried eating cakes, though they were popcorn tek, and had no vermiculite.  the only feeling i got out of it was a body stone.  so i'd say to you, make some more cakes and get more fruits.  Good luck. :gd_icon:

OfflineAkrobatik
Chillin

#2442866 - 03/17/04 10:32 AM (20 years, 16 days ago)

or make tea from the cake

--------------------
:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Offlinemushman123
Stranger

Re: colinozation on a rice cake (is it edible?) [Re: Akrobatik]
    #2443219 - 03/17/04 12:16 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Tea would be your best bet

InvisiblePseudoPsychoSix
Lucy in the Skywith Diamonds
Loc: where rocking horse peopl...
    #2443239 - 03/17/04 12:21 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

He said he used 100% rice, no verm I'm guessing by that line.  SO theoretically it wouldn't be harmful to eat if there is no verm in it, but it still probably wouldn't taste too good I wouldn't think...  :smile:

--------------------
Disclaimer-This post was a work of fiction.

Picture yourself in a boat on a river
with tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Anonymous

#2443329 - 03/17/04 12:37 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Akrobatik said:
or make tea from the cake

thats the way to do it...

losfreddy - don't eat a cake man... thats like a junky sucking dick for crack.  :lol:

Offlinemg420
journeyman
Re: colinozation on a rice cake (is it edible?) [Re: ]
    #2443357 - 03/17/04 12:48 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

So I'm told that a mycelium culture has no p'bin, and now this guy is told to make a tea from a cake... Is there or is there not a sufficient amount of p'bin in mycelium to get the effects of it?

Anonymous

Re: colinozation on a rice cake (is it edible?) [Re: mg420]
    #2443423 - 03/17/04 01:06 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

there is.. but its a different "high" I am told.... I have never tried it and I never will...

OfflineMax1
Maxamil
Male

#2443474 - 03/17/04 01:19 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Got to be pretty damn hard up to eat a pf cake.

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

#2443948 - 03/17/04 03:39 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Thanks guys, i really apprecaite your advise., and it is made of 100% brown rice, no vermiculite. I guess tea dose sound like my best bet. But you cant make tea on a cake that has vermiculte in it?

OfflineTheGanjaGorilla
Shiitake head

Loc: N.E. Indy
    #2444011 - 03/17/04 04:11 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Some people do, but I'm sure they never get all the verm out of the tea. Whcih is just gross. :tongue:

A little tip about making tea out of cakes. I've made tea with fresh cakes before and didn't feel jack shit. If you do use a cake, make sure the cake has been exposed to light and fresh air for several days before you make a tea of it.

--------------------
"Whateva I do what I want..." Eric Catman

"Whateva, I do what I want..." Eric Cartman

TheGanjaGorilla.

Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

Loc: Japan
    #2444572 - 03/17/04 07:08 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

I tried an experiment last night after reading this...

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=10365

I had a whole brown rice cake which was 95% colonised (I cup of whole brown rice, pc'd and not shaken). I needed to turn my colonosation chamber into a fruiting chamber and it was the only cake not finished...

I put the whole cake in my blender with a little OJ... whizzed it for a few secs and strained off the liquid. Did this twice more and ended up with a large glass of frothy OJ.

Drank at 10PM (not too foul at all...) started to feel effects at 10.15.

Mild stone, no visuals (closed or open eyes) but colors became intense and interesting. Went to bed and had a very pleasant mild, euphoric stone which lasted several hours before I fell asleep.

All-in-all, it was quite pleasant and, as I have no shrooms to eat yet (this is my 1st grow), I consider it a worthwhile experience. I certainly intend to do the same with at least one of the other cakes after it is spent to compare the potency.

--------------------
Shrooms aren't everyone's cup of tea... (Some folks just eat 'em)

OfflineTheGanjaGorilla
Shiitake head

Loc: N.E. Indy
Re: colinozation on a rice cake (is it edible?) [Re: sakura]
    #2444762 - 03/17/04 08:02 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

I like to make a field corn cake in a 1/2 pint jar. In a little over a week or so that bad boy is fully grow in, it dosen't take long with a filter on the jar. Once it's grown in, I expose it to light for about 4-5 days. Afterwards I taker out of the jar, and make a simple tea from it. The turnover from start to finish is pretty damn quick, and the buzz is quite a bit like the one described above.... :cool:

--------------------
"Whateva I do what I want..." Eric Catman

"Whateva, I do what I want..." Eric Cartman

TheGanjaGorilla.

Offlinetralfamadorian
AspiringMycologist
Re: colinozation on a rice cake (is it edible?) [Re: TheGanjaGorilla]
    #2444874 - 03/17/04 08:44 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

What about the cranberry juice extraction, anyone try that?

--------------------
"So maybe the whole thing does happen inside one's skull. Maybe it is private and there's no unitive knowledge of anything but one's own physiology. Who cares? The fact remains that the experience can open one's eyes and make one blessed and transform one's whole life."

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: colinozation on a rice cake (is it edible?) [Re: tralfamadorian]
    #2446874 - 03/18/04 11:24 AM (20 years, 15 days ago)

all the same, Tea must be the best... but i think it must be done in cold water

OfflineDrkboarder
Stranger
    #2462032 - 03/22/04 10:11 PM (20 years, 10 days ago)

Once I get out of school, 35 days, I plan on inducing a dream where I'm going to try the super easy honey tek and the cranberry juice extraction technique. I plan to dream on taking it a step farther and trying to slowly boil the extract to a semi-powder form and place in capsules so my dream doesn't have to be ruined by a frothy drink. Who knows, maybe I'll dream up a way where you don't have to fruit the shrooms or drink a frothy liquid all at a cheap price. Of course, this would all be in my dreams, and eating a shroom in my dream is always fun anyways.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds