Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Ayahuasca, Injection Ports, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineKittlebean
Male

Loc: UK Flag
What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. * 1
    #24431270 - 06/24/17 11:56 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Who on here has used mushrooms to treat depression.

If so I was looking for some info on how successful it was.
what was the dosage? we're you alone? how often do you need to dose to keep it at bay or was it a one time trip that helped you get past it?

How long had you been suffering from depression before using mushrooms as a treatment?

:thumbup:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Kittlebean]
    #24431310 - 06/24/17 12:21 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Was a lifelong thing for me, suicidal and sad all the time. I'd done quite a bit of shrooming without being "cured" before this one glorious trip. 4th of july on the beach with close friends, 11+ grams. In short it showed me the meaning in my life and I have not considered suicide or considered myself a depressed person since that night.

While high doses are harder to manage, that is where the real medicinal effects occur IME

OfflineLeeHarvOz
Homie
Male User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #24431321 - 06/24/17 12:27 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

it completely cleared up my depression for about 2 months but after that it came back. its too taxing on my mind to trip like that (last time i did upwards of 10 grams dried.) while I'm depressed though so now I'm on pharmaceuticals which are working great

--------------------

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
octopus fucking starfish
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Swimming in Circles Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Kittlebean]
    #24431370 - 06/24/17 12:59 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

The reason they help people with depression and anxiety is they show you how to listen to your thoughts with more impartiality, face your demons, and accept what you have to say about yourself. The only way this doesn't work is if you fight your own revelation and further supress what should have been faced. "Ok, that sucks, but let's move on. All Together Now."

OfflineKittlebean
Male

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: LeeHarvOz]
    #24431376 - 06/24/17 01:01 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

have not considered suicide or considered myself a depressed person since that night.

Wow, that's an amazing story. Glad you managed to cure yourself of something as big as depression, and with mushrooms is even more fantastic.

My girlfriend has suffered for years and has had a reasonable amount of success over time With therapy etc but I'm hoping mushrooms could be what really helps.

Quote:

now I'm on pharmaceuticals which are working great

I'm glad you have something that works well for you :thumbup:

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

#24433390 - 06/25/17 02:50 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

A decent mushroom trip helps me for a few days to a week. When I was tripping weekly I was doing better. But have not tripped in like 3 weeks, and I really need to. Been considering a 14g trip again. Did one years ago and blew me the fuck away. Was to much for my like 4th or 5th trip.

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#24433498 - 06/25/17 04:33 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

psychedelics are simply a method of working with the unconscious mind, the same part of your mind that produces dreams. It is remarkable how good the unconscious is at naturally knowing how to heal your psyche at large.

It was a remarkable breakthrough, but don't expect it to just happen/be a magic fix. I ate a lot of mushrooms before that night, I think the high dose may have been what really did it for me. See my sig for a little trip guide :thumbup:

OfflineMephistopheles
Stranger

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Psilosopherr] * 1
    #24433637 - 06/25/17 07:35 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I have actually very positive experiences.
I have had chronic recurring depression for more than a decade.
I tried many different anti-depressant medications and I suffered from horrific side effects. So I tried something more.... unconventional.
Sadly I am not one of the people who experienced a total cure with psychedelics, but at least psychedelics make me feel better for weeks after use. 
I think psychedelics saved my life.
A few weeks ago I also made a forum post on here to report my experiences, just in case you are interested.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24373500
With mushrooms, right now I am testing how microdosing once or twice a week is going to help me with my depression. I started small scale growing myself (always good to learn a new skill to take your mind of things when you are depressed). So far everything is gong well. ;-)

InvisibleDevoswitch
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tasmania Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Mephistopheles]
    #24433672 - 06/25/17 08:26 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I took a couple of trips around 7.5g subaeruginosa quite close to each other. Maybe 2weeks apart. One of them completely cured my depression.
It was an extremely hard trip for me. Lots of vomit and it felt really dark and sinister. I didn't enjoy it at all during the time. I was literally a new man a few hours later though.
I suffered depression really bad for maybe 12 years before that. Have not had one single bout of it since which was maybe 2 years ago.

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Mephistopheles] * 2
    #24433677 - 06/25/17 08:32 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Serious depression here too..Suicidal for a year or more due to life issues.

Shrooms.. They are really helping me to beat this shit. Its not easy facing our demons but it does work.

It plugs us in. Brings our senses back, connects us to the whole again.

I'm doing shrooms at least every 8 weeks...The interval could be a bit shorter but thats how long I get relief for so far. My dosages started low...2 grams of cubes the first time...10 grams of stones  last Wed.

I was mega depressed before the last trip...Every day waking up and just saying"Fuck!"...Work work work...trying to cope. The trip was hard but it set some shit straight and gave perspective...This helped so much. Beyond that though it works in the background....All I can say is I feel better... Like 100% better...We can change many of the things that keep us fucked. We can also accept things we can't change and learn how to live.

I hope you find your way through this. This is a great community. Stay strong but don't be afraid to let go too.

--------------------

:gd_icon: Shadowboxing the apocalypse and wandering the land :gd_icon:

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

Loc: North So Cal Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Crispykoot]
    #24433738 - 06/25/17 09:43 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Very positive. However... The ego is an incredibly powerful adversary when trying to battle depression. It fights for control of the mind just as hard as you fight to get some sanity. Don't stop fighting and yes psychedelics can be a very useful tool.

--------------------

OfflineKittlebean
Male

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Steveinshell]
    #24433794 - 06/25/17 10:21 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Psilosopherr - thanks, I will be sure to read through the trip guide in your sig.

It's great to see how many people have been able to overcome or even just improve their depression with mushrooms. It just reminds you how wonderful they can be.

I don't expect it to be an easy fix by any means, it only makes sense that the trip itself and possibly a short time afterwards will be difficult. I think for most people depression is caused by an event or a series of events so that means facing and dealing with your demons that you usually fight to keep OUT of your mind.

It's very reassuring to read all of these stories.

Thanks everybody :thumbup:

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

#24436847 - 06/26/17 04:39 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

The two main archetypes of mushrooms are relativism and optimism so yes it's very effective for depression inherently.

I wont tell you my experiences or my knowledge of other people's experiences but I will say from what Ive seen that it only seems to really work on medium doses of mushrooms (3 grams, etc.)

Low doses aren't strong enough for that realization (only chemical relief) and higher doses (unlike LSD and supposedly Ayahuasca) it becomes more impersonal and less about you and your puny human concerns.
When it comes to psilocybin; medium doses are healing doses. For cubensis 2.5 to 3.5 grams seems to be the sweet spot for this sort of thing.

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #24437277 - 06/26/17 07:30 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I would say it varies greatly in terms of dosage, metod of ingestion and state of mind. In terms of relief...You have to find your own sweet spot....

The only real proof you need is whether you feel better. So many factors. You want to trip. That's the point.

--------------------

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Crispykoot]
    #24437567 - 06/26/17 09:12 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

It is hard NOT to feel better for a few days after. I was doing fairly well tripping once a week. It has been 3 weeks and shits been rough. I need to go back to tripping weekly, or micro dossing possibly.

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

OfflinePrimalSoup
won't you please help my dog?
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #24437766 - 06/26/17 10:34 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

For bipolar it's very effective - I noticed a long time ago that a good trip would always reset me to the manic phase of the cycle, reliably.  Don't know about ordinary depression but there's plenty of anecdotal evidence that it works for that.  Of course there's pretty much plenty of anecdotal evidence for everything.

However I have discussed this effect on bipolar with a couple different doctors and they all found it quite plausible.  :thumbup:

So try it, if it works you got it, if not you had a nice trip.  :awesomenod:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

#24438258 - 06/27/17 02:12 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Crispykoot said:
I would say it varies greatly in terms of dosage, metod of ingestion and state of mind. In terms of relief...You have to find your own sweet spot.....

I mean I'm just speaking generally. Yes low doses as well as high doses can be very therapeutic as well but I was just saying it's much more common for medium doses and no I'm not just speaking from my own trips. It seems psilocybin is most therapeutic for most people in the medium dose range and yes a "medium" dose will be different for everyone but generally it's about 2.5 to 4 grams for the average user.

I wasn't saying that was my personal "sweet spot" if that's what you thought. It's also worth pointing out that I find prior state of mind to not be as important if the setting is good and the dosage is right. Especially with mushrooms of all things.

Point is there's many things that psilocybin does but only in medium doses and this is just one of them. Now that's a bit of a loose statement since like I said it can occasionally occur with low/high doses but let's say for instance; horniness. That is a specific effect of psilocybin that is reported almost exclusively in medium doses not low or high doses. So it doesn't surprise me that the healing and therapeutic sweet spot for mushrooms would be in the medium dose range as well.

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #24438265 - 06/27/17 02:17 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
For bipolar it's very effective - I noticed a long time ago that a good trip would always reset me to the manic phase of the cycle, reliably.  Don't know about ordinary depression but there's plenty of anecdotal evidence that it works for that.  Of course there's pretty much plenty of anecdotal evidence for everything.

Yes I actually believe depression is mushroom's speciality. Depression and Body Dysmorphia it can definitely treat very effectively. I think even OCD and PTSD.

I don't know so much about bi polar disorder though. That's sounds sort of iffy but hey if it works for people that wouldn't surprise me. Psilocybin is a miracle to the psychopathology and psychiatry field of medicine.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #24438366 - 06/27/17 03:54 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

AuroraBorealis88 said:
let's say for instance; horniness. That is a specific effect of psilocybin that is reported almost exclusively in medium doses not low or high doses. So it doesn't surprise me that the healing and therapeutic sweet spot for mushrooms would be in the medium dose range as well.

Woohoo!  Not my experience for sure.  Across the board, low, medium, high, it always happens. 

Don't know about therapeutic use as that's never been my thing except for the shamanic trips that I've taken, but then that's about healing others mostly using methods of spiritual intervention (very traditional stuff BTW).

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #24438985 - 06/27/17 12:50 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Well we're probably the kind of people that can glean a lot from all doses of mushrooms, the average noob though might not be the same. I guess I was just mostly speaking on people who aren't pro trippers. I've noticed trippers who are experienced can get so much more out of every kind of dose.

And it's not so much that I don't find high or low doses therapeutic I just find the medium dose range to be the epicenter of healing especially when it comes to treating depression specifically. I've gotten "accidental healing" more often from medium doses than any other kind. There's many reports of medium dose mushroom trips somewhat mirroring the purging and healing aspect of Ayahuasca. I think when you dose higher though it becomes more science fictiony and bizarre; more galacticarian and less medicinal.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#24439308 - 06/27/17 02:51 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

OK the purging and healing aspect, yes I agree medium doses facilitate that - enough to be effective but not so much as to be overwhelming.  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

#24443919 - 06/29/17 08:49 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah..Seems like the medium doses keep whatever "you" is connected enough to see things/hear things that can change.

High doses can be mind blowing, but it feels like medium doses are the shrooms way of saying "Deal with this stuff and get it out of the way before we can really get into things."

Both have their place.

--------------------

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24444671 - 06/29/17 03:44 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Hope I don't hijack your thread.

Lifelong sufferer of depression/anxiety.

I've been microdosing daily (usually .3 but up to 1.5) for about a 2 months now and yes it has been life changing to say the least, but frankly I want to be CURED if possible. 

I tried 7 grams yesterday and it was incredible, just short of "ego death" I'd say.  The "oneness" and euphoria were fantastic, But... 2 hours into it I basically snapped back into myself and felt more alone then I have for a very long time.  Borderline suicidal. 

Has this happened to anyone else?
So far my favorite dosage has been 1.5 but I don't know if I can keep that up forever w/o building a tolerance. Should I try maybe 2.0 or even 3.5 once a week?

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: FlatHatter]
    #24444885 - 06/29/17 05:05 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

You jumped from 1.5 to 7 grams? Lol I don't think I would choose either of those doses for this particular problem. 1.5 seems too low and 7 grams seems like total overkill.

IMO the 2.5 - 4 gram range is what you want. Read my earlier post on medium doses.

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24444952 - 06/29/17 05:25 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Oh, no I'm sorry ha.  I've done 3.5 several times, but only once in the last year.  It's just that on 3.5 I just feel really good, insightful, and my vocab doubles.  Even 1.5 does that actually.

The trouble is maybe not the next day, but eventually I feel down again.  Even wth the 7 gram dose I didn't confront any of my "demons."  Just felt some incredible feelings, thought incredible ideas and ya some respectable visuals.
And then... Shit on myself. Hardcore.  Not part of the trip either.  More like a "reality hangover"

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: FlatHatter]
    #24445235 - 06/29/17 07:09 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe you need a different psychedelic.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#24445253 - 06/29/17 07:14 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Or the right setting

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #24445375 - 06/29/17 08:04 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Setting deff could have been better.  I travel for work and was in pretty crummy hotel room.  But like I said the trip itself was fantastic. 

Are you guys saying I shouldn't get my hopes up for a larger dose?  I can't afford to get caught buying something off the street and I can grow these myself.

And again, the middle range doses are great.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#24445391 - 06/29/17 08:07 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

large doses are great, add some salt to aurora's posts.

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

#24445399 - 06/29/17 08:09 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Well if high doses couldn't alleviate it long term I don't know what could.

And I would definitely not be tripping in a hotel room :lol:

How did you even manage that? Tripping so hard in a place that's unfamiliar? Even tripping in your own house at that dose will probably leave you completely forgetting where you are and what you are. Are you sure those mushrooms are good quality? Or that you don't have some insane natural tolerance?

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#24445411 - 06/29/17 08:13 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

its not like "woah I took 7 grams and I'm not cured for lyfe? wtf?"

did mushrooms many times before my breakthrough

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24445480 - 06/29/17 08:45 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Haha, thanks for the humor guys.  Ya know ya honestly it seems like I have an incredible tolerance for psychedelics.  I mean ya I was crawling around the floor don't get me wrong, but it all seemed so funny.

Grew them myself, second grow, ground up and in pill form.  Golden teacher so not the strongest but still.  I'm sure microdosing did play some role.

Invisiblekardz30
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24445733 - 06/29/17 10:34 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Aurora,

I can't say i'm in as desperate straights as you were, but I am looking for the meaning of life in a sense and anticipating looking inward in a deep and profound way.

I've heard 5g is a heroic dose, what made you do 11g? What was that experience at double a heroic dose?

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: kardz30]
    #24445897 - 06/30/17 12:00 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

IME shrooms will not show you the meaning of life, but they might show you that there really isn't any such thing.  Will they "cure" depression long term? Likely not.  Will they help if applied regularly?  Most likely.  :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineKittlebean
Male

#24446388 - 06/30/17 07:55 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ya know ya honestly it seems like I have an incredible tolerance for psychedelics.

Have you been on SSRI'S for your depression/anxiety whilst dosing shrooms?

From what I understand they can greatly diminish the experience..

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24446968 - 06/30/17 02:39 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Kittlebean said:
Have you been on SSRI'S for your depression/anxiety whilst dosing shrooms?

From what I understand they can greatly diminish the experience..

No believe it or not.
Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
IME shrooms will not show you the meaning of life, but they might show you that there really isn't any such thing.  Will they "cure" depression long term? Likely not.  Will they help if applied regularly?  Most likely.  :shrug:

Interesting.  I won't disagree on the meaning part, but with the studies and people's personal stories here it's hard to agree that it can't be cured.  As crazy as it sounds.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#24447021 - 06/30/17 03:02 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Funny thats kind of what I would say was revealed to me that night, the meaning of life, my life anyway.

Not trying to 'disagree,' its just interesting how peoples experiences vary.

You're essentially exposing yourself to the unconscious mind while conscious when you ingest these fungi, so it would make sense for us to get different answers/views/angles.

InvisibleDevoswitch
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#24447220 - 06/30/17 04:10 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Well as stated I for one am one of those (hopefully) cured cases after high dose. It's a been a few years now and I can honestly say I haven't had depression since.
Maybe it was just the ferocity of the trip that made me appreciate myself and my life more. Who knows. I'm not complaining cause I had been in a bad way for years and years.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#24447229 - 06/30/17 04:12 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

FlatHatter said:

Interesting.  I won't disagree on the meaning part, but with the studies and people's personal stories here it's hard to agree that it can't be cured.  As crazy as it sounds.

"Cure" has a very specific clinical meaning.  "Alleviate" is more apt to describe the effect.  It depends on the cause which can be multiple, solely psychological or solely physical or some combination of both.  "Cure" is more likely to happen with somebody who's very receptive to the messages and work that the mushrooms do, which isn't everybody.

--------------------

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

#24447271 - 06/30/17 04:30 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Depression doesn't exist if you don't believe in it.

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

#24447284 - 06/30/17 04:33 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Psilosopherr said:
Not trying to 'disagree,' its just interesting how peoples experiences vary.

Experiences and archetypes don't particularly differ but interpretations do.
And at the end of the day everything is a paradox anyways.

Invisibleoontribe
Male User Gallery

#24447657 - 06/30/17 07:01 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Yea i think psychedelics are very subjective.

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Devoswitch]
    #24447805 - 06/30/17 08:04 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Devoswitch said:
Well as stated I for one am one of those (hopefully) cured cases after high dose. It's a been a few years now and I can honestly say I haven't had depression since.
Maybe it was just the ferocity of the trip that made me appreciate myself and my life more. Who knows. I'm not complaining cause I had been in a bad way for years and years.

Do you remember the dosage?

@Psilosopherr,
11 grams huh? Can I asked if you tossed chunks?  I fought to keep mine down because I wanted to make sure I got the full dosage.  Also, for either of you, was that your first large dose or did I take a couple tries?

InvisibleDevoswitch
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#24448114 - 06/30/17 10:08 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I took a couple of trips of 7.5g psilocybe subaeruginosa within a couple of weeks of each other. I reckon I know the trip which did it for me though. It was a tough day.

Edit: that was the highest dose I've taken to date. I won't ever take that much again.

Edit #2 previously before these trips my highest dose was around 5g subaeruginosa.

Edited by Devoswitch (06/30/17 10:14 PM)

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#24448374 - 06/30/17 11:35 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

FlatHatter said:
@Psilosopherr,
11 grams huh? Can I asked if you tossed chunks?  I fought to keep mine down because I wanted to make sure I got the full dosage.  Also, for either of you, was that your first large dose or did I take a couple tries?

I've never been one to throw up from mushrooms, I frequently become nauseous from them though. Around morning time I started getting some intensely unpleasant feelings in my stomach, I had fasted the whole day before the experience, might've had something to do with it. Hard to remember what my biggest dose weighed before that night...maybe 5 grams around there.

Watching the moon go across the sky and then the sun rise with two of my closest friends and others...don't know if I mentioned this before but a big part of the night was me being obsessed with the moon, staring at it. I remember thinking it was associated with the fourth of july, some sort of glowing party blimp I reasoned, moving all over the place and all with the visuals. Eventually somebody mentions that I'm in love with the moon and I'm just astounded when it hits me, and everybodies laughing at me like howww did you not know that was the moon? :lol:

reminiscing now, I digress

OfflineLooseMorels
Immigant
Male User Gallery

#24448744 - 07/01/17 03:31 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Psilosopherr said:
Quote:

FlatHatter said:
@Psilosopherr,

I've never been one to throw up from mushrooms, I frequently become nauseous from them though. Around morning time I started getting some intensely unpleasant feelings in my stomach, I had fasted the whole day before the experience, might've had something to do with it. Hard to remember what my biggest dose weighed before that night...maybe 5 grams around there.

Watching the moon go across the sky and then the sun rise with two of my closest friends and others...don't know if I mentioned this before but a big part of the night was me being obsessed with the moon, staring at it. I remember thinking it was associated with the fourth of july, some sort of glowing party blimp I reasoned, moving all over the place and all with the visuals. Eventually somebody mentions that I'm in love with the moon and I'm just astounded when it hits me, and everybodies laughing at me like howww did you not know that was the moon? :lol:

reminiscing now, I digress

Haha, number one: Fritz the Cat...

Two: Yep. I had an LSD sesh that involved the moon once. Was out camping, never took my eyes off it from rise to set.

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: LooseMorels]
    #24465273 - 07/07/17 04:01 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Wanted to mention I think I've had a breakthrough!!!  Going through some things lately and decided to try again, but with 5 grams and outside this time on a longgg nature walk.  Felt fantastic!

I will write up a short trip report, but basically identifide my demon and made peace.  Kind of holding my breath, but I think I'm cured!

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: LooseMorels]
    #24465314 - 07/07/17 04:18 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Wanted to mention I think I've had a breakthrough!!!  Going through some things lately and decided to try again, but with 5 grams and outside this time on a longgg nature walk.  Felt fantastic!

I will write up a short trip report, but basically identifide my demon and made peace.  Kind of holding my breath, but I think I'm cured!

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#24465613 - 07/07/17 06:30 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Joyous news! :hug:

Been having some mini breakthroughs lately myself, more thoroughly realizing that 'thou art that,' focusing on staying present/actively conscious, focusing on the moment/finding bliss in the moment, the ambient music of the world around you, look how sharp everything looks, smell that air! :lol:

Funny how bethesda games have taught me multiple real life lessons. When I think about things like this I often remember that man outside of...hell, Nelson i think, the town that got massacred by the legion in new vegas. The man that won the lottery and therefore only one to survive the massacre, wholly elated as he runs out of the town and talks to you, "SMELL THAT AIR!" Idk, that stuck with me.

rambling over

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24465734 - 07/07/17 07:10 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

@Philosopherr

Interesting.  I must ask, after being "cured" why you continue to dose?  I only ask because my hope is to be med free due to my career.

Interesting thoughts.  I've had the realization that this is a new thing and I will still need some time to understand my new "sense of self".

Still having a little trouble being TOTALLY present, but the distracting thoughts usually do not cause any anxiety or depression.  To be honest I am going through a speration with my spouse and there are a lot of emotions, so doesn't help.  Hope that's not too much info ha

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#24465809 - 07/07/17 07:41 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I mean they got me to a point in my life where I was no longer actively depressed or suicidal. That is a far cry from apotheosis, the true goal. Your dreaming mind will guide you throughout all life, why not entheogens, another tap to the same source.

I'm also very interested in using mushrooms to attempt divination. Something I used to dismiss as hooey but then realized that every single entheogen using shaman I'd read about used them for divinatory purposes. And when you consider that 1)you can learn things your conscious mind doesn't know or have the ability to know through dreams, and that 2) tripping and dreaming seem to tap the same source, the unconscious mind. Then it starts to seems plausible to me.

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24466593 - 07/08/17 01:59 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Interesting psilosopherr.  I didn't think to take it that far.  To be honest the incredible weight that has been lifted is enough for now.

OfflineRollin.n.Strollin
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
    #24466634 - 07/08/17 02:44 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Psilocybin has a long lasting anti-depressant kind of effect. First time I done it I was much more cheerful for the next few months.

But this is out of personal experience, I can't say that it works for everybody. Just don't do it too often. I do it once or twice a year, so every time I go back I get that "coming home" feeling.:mushroom2:

OfflineEldest Oyster
Stranger
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Kittlebean] * 1
    #27329178 - 05/30/21 02:13 PM (19 days, 41 minutes ago)

Hi Kittlebean and others,

I have been using mushrooms to effectively treat the depression I experience. 

I was able to get out of some depressive episodes earlier in life without any pharmaceutical intervention.  Then in 2017 I got into a bad episode I couldn't get out of.  It's possible the cancer treatment I survived a few years earlier broke something in my brain.

Anyway, I worked through the long list of things that had helped me in the past, and was still stuck.  Then I added some new ones – anti depressants, supplements, daily mindfulness meditation, quit my job.  Lots of things helped a little, like a temporary improvement of 1 on a scale of 10, but for 2 years, nothing got me out of the category of “severely depressed” on the CES-D chart.  I was never suicidal, but I definitely would have preferred to die than to continue living in that state.  After 5 antidepressants which didn't work, I was officially labeled “treatment resistant”.  I thought about electro convulsive therapy, but there was none in our town. 

A friend of mine had successfully treated an alcohol addiction with just one mushroom trip with a healer, and gave me some information to research.  One thing led to another, and I signed up to participate in a study treating depression with psilocybin.  After rearranging my life and moving to the city where the study was for 3 months, I got rejected from the study through the exhaustive screening process, and they couldn't tell me why.

Since I had already done the research, and quit using the supplements and antidepressants, I decided to try mushrooms in the “informal sector”.  I found a guide in my area, and decided to try at least 3 trips, at least a month apart, with increasing doses.  My first trip was on 6g dried cubensis in a tea.  For the first time in 2 years, I experienced life without severe depression!  For one week.  But hey, it was a start.

Two more years down the road, the approach that seems to work for me is this: I take 6 to 9 grams once every 6 or 7 weeks, always with a sitter.  If the depression returns ahead of schedule, I try to trip as soon as practical, because being depressed doesn't seem to help me learn how not to be depressed.  After 5 trips with the guide, I learned to grow my own using the PF TEK. 

Once I had grown my own, I tried microdosing for a few months, but it didn't help much.  I ended up back in depression land.  I also once tried a 1.5g dose, but that didn't really help the depression, so I have stuck with the higher mind exploding doses. 

Having read this thread, I think I will experiment with the 3g range as recommended by AuroraBorealis88.  The higher doses are an ordeal:  Ego death, mystical union, satanic confrontations, discomfort in the stomach and bladder and muscle cramps.  It would be great if I could stay well without having to go through that over and over again. 

I have developed a routine/ceremony/liturgy based on all the guidelines I could find in books and the internet.  One thing I would emphasize to those looking for a healing effect, is the importance of processing.  Remembering what the trip was like, writing it down, discussing it with people who you can trust, revisiting things.  I try to turn my experiences into poems that I can return to from time to time, and even share with others without necessarily revealing the psychedelic source of the material – though I'm sure people with their own experiences will know it in a heartbeat.  The other key is to always receive and bless EVERYTHING that comes toward me in a trip.  No matter how ugly it looks, it was always there within me all along.  If I keep running away, it is never going to be transformed.

I am grateful to the mushrooms, and to the Creator of all things, and to you my dear Shroomanitarians, for this gift which has made it possible for me to live and to make my contribution to the world again.  Plus I have learned all sorts of mystical and psychological secrets of existence.  It's not the reason I set out on this mushroom journey – or is it?  If at some point the depression stops returning, I would probably not use the shrooms any more, or at least not as frequently.

I could go into my ideas about how and why the mushrooms help with depression, but that would be for another post.

Peace be with you.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Eldest Oyster] * 1
    #27329338 - 05/30/21 05:04 PM (18 days, 21 hours ago)

Solid contribution and welcome to the Shroomery!  It's a big ole bus with room for everybody.

Corroborates my personal experience that effective doses are essential for addressing depression as well. :cookiemonster:

--------------------

OfflineSub-Easy
slowly dying since birth
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA NC Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: PrimalSoup] * 1
    #27332125 - 06/02/21 06:27 AM (16 days, 8 hours ago)

It does magic for anxiety and helps you think better. I never had depression. Micro dossing will give you a good day but I think you need to Trip a few times, learn from it, and maybe take a large trip if you feel that you still need to.

InvisibleIrishGnome1
Stranger

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Sub-Easy]
    #27332158 - 06/02/21 07:05 AM (16 days, 7 hours ago)

Mushrooms are cooler than depression.

Offlinefluorescent
Unexpected.
 User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: IrishGnome1]
    #27334334 - 06/03/21 09:49 PM (14 days, 17 hours ago)

Quote:

Kittlebean said:
Who on here has used mushrooms to treat depression.

If so I was looking for some info on how successful it was.
what was the dosage? we're you alone? how often do you need to dose to keep it at bay or was it a one time trip that helped you get past it?

How long had you been suffering from depression before using mushrooms as a treatment?

:thumbup:

I had been depressed for a total of about 40 years when I took mushrooms for the first time. The last 15 of those years were quite bad, with the last 5 or so being the worst. I was in a very, very bad place. My initial dose was 35g fresh and I had family and a friend with me. My intervals are usually 6-9 months, although I had one stretch that was quite a bit longer due to life circumstances. The difference was night-and-day for me the first time. Subsequent times haven't been as dramatic, but that's because I've never gotten anywhere close to as depressed as I was before.

InvisibleSpaceCube
π

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: fluorescent] * 1
    #27334750 - 06/04/21 06:22 AM (14 days, 8 hours ago)

Shrooms are like the Official Textbook cure to depression.

I reccomend 0.1-1.5 grams.

OfflineGrainPsilo
Stranger
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: SpaceCube]
    #27334895 - 06/04/21 09:21 AM (14 days, 5 hours ago)

I have been dosing for my anxiety and depression frequently the last couple months, what is everyones opinion on taking active doses on a regular basis vs microdosing?  I don't feel like microdosing is for me because its just enough to make my body/mind agitated without nearly the benefit I feel if I eat at least a gram.

InvisibleSpaceCube
π

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: GrainPsilo]
    #27334917 - 06/04/21 09:36 AM (14 days, 5 hours ago)

GrainPsilo,

Do what works for you.

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Hurling Through Space
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: SpaceCube]
    #27335289 - 06/04/21 02:59 PM (13 days, 23 hours ago)

You know it strange, i tried mushrooms the first time just because i wanted to experience them. What i found on the other end was that my social anxiety had lessened.
  A few years ago i went on a binge over the course of 6 months where i was buying mushrooms. I must have spent about 600$ on them. I had an experience where i realized my worries and anxiety were foolish. Especially when it came to cultural things, such as judging some one based on how they look or based on the things they choose to do. The next day i noticed my road rage was completely gone.

I now grow my own and consume them about twice a year when ever i feel the need. But what i found was that there is something beyond the threshold of intoxication that requires a calm mind to experience it. What it is i have no idea. But there is something far greater to be explored than just combating depression.

Offline4d6Mycology
Seeker

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: LosTresOjos] * 1
    #27335510 - 06/04/21 06:51 PM (13 days, 20 hours ago)

I've tripped maybe 20 times over the last 3 years, struggled with growing anxiety and depression that has taken a toll on familial relations and my marriage. Through it all, my experiences were a cocktail of embracing the entropy of life and it's unknowable nature, but not in a nihilistic way. I feel like instead of curing my depression I may have somehow mutated it? Like realizing you had a problem, exploring it to mind boggling degree, coming out of the other side with new knowledge, only to realize THAT new knowledge left you equally suspended in a state of seeking. Looking here and there, wherever I can find solidarity, a connection to a world I cannot look at the same.

How do you move on when the path has changed in ways your mind cannot comprehend? It's not necessarily a terrible ordeal. Living and experiencing presence, remembering how easily I could stake my soul in a lack of reality, and an abundance of clarity in letting go. The best part is the overwhelming GRATITUDE that rushes over my being, it is like manna from a different world. All in all, I prefer psychedelics to stave off a darkness, ever present but beatable, but I don't recommend it for everyone. It's a rough ride, but hey, ain't it fun? :heart:

Edited by 4d6Mycology (06/04/21 06:53 PM)

OfflineSub-Easy
slowly dying since birth
Male User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: 4d6Mycology]
    #27335739 - 06/04/21 11:39 PM (13 days, 15 hours ago)

You know I just thought about it, but, stress really is a killer. It's pretty safe to say it is a big part of the cause of all kinds of health problems. I'm much less stressed, and just stay in a very good mood and it reminds me of that happy me, when I was a kid and teen. So there is alot to be praised just in that. Plus I just lost interest in smoking cigarettes and I eat better and take better care of myself and am more loving towards my family and everyone.

I always had the mind set to be that person, but I feel like I kinda lost track of that me and the mushrooms made it easy to find my way back.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Sub-Easy] * 2
    #27335858 - 06/05/21 02:47 AM (13 days, 12 hours ago)

:solidnod:

Personally I think it's the facility of the mushrooms in forging new neuronal connections (neuroplasticity) as well as new neurons (neurogenesis) that accounts for at least some of their effectiveness.  I'm bipolar type 2 and tripping has always and reliably reset me from a depressive part of the cycle to the up side.  Since it lasts about 2 weeks I can treat it easily that way, and have many times. :awesomenod:

--------------------

InvisibleSpaceCube
π

#27335862 - 06/05/21 03:01 AM (13 days, 11 hours ago)

mushrooms in forging new neuronal connections (neuroplasticity) as well as new neurons (neurogenesis) that accounts for at least some of their effectiveness.

yes exactlly.

OfflineSub-Easy
slowly dying since birth
Male User Gallery

#27336088 - 06/05/21 10:26 AM (13 days, 4 hours ago)

I know there is science to show that children have a high level of neuroplasticity, I also know that around the age of thirty we start shifting gears towards using the frontal, more reasoning, less emotional, part of the brain.

I feel like I'm a kid again after descovering shrooms at the age of 35.(I'm 37 or 38 now, you start loosing track) I've always been playful and adventurous, but I feel like a kid in my emotions, I missed when I lost that part of me.

If you're depression is caused by revisiting, and therefore reinforcing, negative thought patterns, I think the research suggests that building new neural networks can get you out of that frame of mind. I guess that's part of it.

I definitely feel like I have some new pathways being stimulate and formed.

They say mushrooms are non toxic but if they are changing your brain, wouldn't that be worse?

Let's hope it's for the better, right guys?

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Sub-Easy]
    #27336332 - 06/05/21 03:26 PM (12 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

Sub-Easy said:
They say mushrooms are non toxic but if they are changing your brain, wouldn't that be worse?

Worse than what?

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#27336584 - 06/05/21 07:37 PM (12 days, 19 hours ago)

Doubt there's much difference in this kind of thing for varieties. 

Also I'm very sure you can't post a link like that here.  :trollcop:

--------------------

Offlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

#27336589 - 06/05/21 07:40 PM (12 days, 19 hours ago)

That's a pretty legit looking scam site

OfflineSub-Easy
slowly dying since birth
Male User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: feevers]
    #27336843 - 06/06/21 12:46 AM (12 days, 14 hours ago)

One of my brothers was going through a bad time with drugs and alcohol, then he found out that his dog has cancer and he had a little breakdown. He took off of work to go on a group camping trip that was hosted by a drug outreach program, so of course I offered him some mushrooms to help his head. He had to stay clean and sober for the trip. He did a small amount that weekend and said it was a beautiful experience, then he did more the next weekend and tripped pretty good. He came back to work in really high spirits and off the drugs and alcohol and was very greatful I gave him the shrooms. He said they made all the difference.

There are four people that work in the office were I work and they could be dying soon from different health problems, so I send them texts with links to videos about the studies they are doing with magic mushrooms. They know I grow mushrooms because I give away oyster and lion's mane mushrooms to people at work, and I'm always brings my jars with syringe filter and injection Port lids to work filled with cool aid. But none of them have gotten the clue or had the desire to ask about any magic mushrooms.

My other brother used to come over and get drunk and cause trouble. no one at my house drinks or does drugs. But I don't let him come over anymore because last time he woke up the neighborhood (including us) at two in the morning, and got the cops called. They made him leave but not before he had them following him through my house while he looked for his shoes and phone and stuff. So they had all of my mushroom growing stuff recorded on there body cameras. It's a lot of equipment and if they didn't know what it was for, I'm sure they showed there chief the footage and asked him what all that stuff was. They probably thought I was making bombs or something.

Well, I got to spend that morning before I went to work throwing out 16 blocks of substrate freshly inoculated with colonized grain spawn, and nine jars of LC. Enough inoculated substrate to make four pounds of dry mushrooms or more. I had two marthas set up to be fully automated, down to the low water automatic fill valve. These things could be loaded and never touched, until harvest. They are cool because I take the colonized bulk straw/manure block out of the plastic ben and put it directly on the rack and the mushrooms grow out on all six sides of the block. The little guys grow straight down off the bottom towards the light below them. It looks so cool.

I never sold my shrooms. I did it for the people, anyone that wanted them, and I really believe in the healing power of them, so I guess I'll just keep growing the legal ones. They're known to have great health benefits too.

OfflineEldest Oyster
Stranger
    #27340333 - 06/08/21 04:14 PM (9 days, 22 hours ago)

Hi GrainPsilo,

Maybe the way to figure it out is, make a chart of your subjective experience of depression and anxiety, rating it on a scale once a week. Then try different doses and frequencies and see what seems to offer the most improvement. 

My experience is that micro dosing didn't work so well.  1.5g (dried homegrown cubensis) didn't help much.  6 to 9 grams always worked, for about 6 weeks.  I just tried a 4g trip a few days ago, and that seemed to get me over the threshold of whatever it is that helps me get out of depression. 

My inclination is to use the minimum effective dose most of the time.  If 1 gram works, that's good. 

I'm also hoping, and it seems to be true, that my regular dosing is helping me learn how to be not depressed.  Time will tell

Good luck

OfflinePhrontist
Determined
 User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Eldest Oyster]
    #27340385 - 06/08/21 05:09 PM (9 days, 21 hours ago)

I can't find his name at the moment, but there is a doctor who has been prescribing and tracking a microdosing regimen for decades. Mind you, he doesn't prescribe the actual psilocybin, just the exact regimen for people to follow, and then tracks their results. According to him, as little as 0.1g can be effective, but no more than 1g is necessary. Also, you take a microdose on let's say Day 0. Evidence shows that it's active in your system through day 3, and then on Day 4 you take another microdose.

Personally, I have been dealing with major clinical depression for 30 years now. I started following that regimen about a year ago, putting powdered mushrooms into 00 capsules (which comes out to about 0.33g) and taking one per microdose. There has been a noticeable improvement to my general mood, but also in my ability to be productive. If you have the means, I don't think there is any downside to giving this a shot for a few weeks.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Phrontist]
    #27340454 - 06/08/21 06:16 PM (9 days, 20 hours ago)

And if you don't have the means just grow them by all means. :solidnod:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Ayahuasca, Injection Ports, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience