Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleSpaceCube
π

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: GrainPsilo]
    #27334917 - 06/04/21 07:36 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

GrainPsilo,

Do what works for you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Hurling Through Space
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: SpaceCube]
    #27335289 - 06/04/21 12:59 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

You know it strange, i tried mushrooms the first time just because i wanted to experience them. What i found on the other end was that my social anxiety had lessened.
  A few years ago i went on a binge over the course of 6 months where i was buying mushrooms. I must have spent about 600$ on them. I had an experience where i realized my worries and anxiety were foolish. Especially when it came to cultural things, such as judging some one based on how they look or based on the things they choose to do. The next day i noticed my road rage was completely gone.

I now grow my own and consume them about twice a year when ever i feel the need. But what i found was that there is something beyond the threshold of intoxication that requires a calm mind to experience it. What it is i have no idea. But there is something far greater to be explored than just combating depression.

Offline4d6Mycology
Seeker
I'm a teapot

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: LosTresOjos] * 1
    #27335510 - 06/04/21 04:51 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I've tripped maybe 20 times over the last 3 years, struggled with growing anxiety and depression that has taken a toll on familial relations and my marriage. Through it all, my experiences were a cocktail of embracing the entropy of life and it's unknowable nature, but not in a nihilistic way. I feel like instead of curing my depression I may have somehow mutated it? Like realizing you had a problem, exploring it to mind boggling degree, coming out of the other side with new knowledge, only to realize THAT new knowledge left you equally suspended in a state of seeking. Looking here and there, wherever I can find solidarity, a connection to a world I cannot look at the same.

How do you move on when the path has changed in ways your mind cannot comprehend? It's not necessarily a terrible ordeal. Living and experiencing presence, remembering how easily I could stake my soul in a lack of reality, and an abundance of clarity in letting go. The best part is the overwhelming GRATITUDE that rushes over my being, it is like manna from a different world. All in all, I prefer psychedelics to stave off a darkness, ever present but beatable, but I don't recommend it for everyone. It's a rough ride, but hey, ain't it fun? :heart:

Edited by 4d6Mycology (06/04/21 04:53 PM)

OfflineSub-Easy
slowly dying since birth
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA NC Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: 4d6Mycology]
    #27335739 - 06/04/21 09:39 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

You know I just thought about it, but, stress really is a killer. It's pretty safe to say it is a big part of the cause of all kinds of health problems. I'm much less stressed, and just stay in a very good mood and it reminds me of that happy me, when I was a kid and teen. So there is alot to be praised just in that. Plus I just lost interest in smoking cigarettes and I eat better and take better care of myself and am more loving towards my family and everyone.

I always had the mind set to be that person, but I feel like I kinda lost track of that me and the mushrooms made it easy to find my way back.

--------------------
Just take um like you get um.

Those ephemeral spasms of infinity, in suspended animation, born across a boundless ether of existential misery aloft a revelry (of awe) for the abhorrently sublime.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Sub-Easy] * 2
    #27335858 - 06/05/21 12:47 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

:solidnod:

Personally I think it's the facility of the mushrooms in forging new neuronal connections (neuroplasticity) as well as new neurons (neurogenesis) that accounts for at least some of their effectiveness.  I'm bipolar type 2 and tripping has always and reliably reset me from a depressive part of the cycle to the up side.  Since it lasts about 2 weeks I can treat it easily that way, and have many times. :awesomenod:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

InvisibleSpaceCube
π

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #27335862 - 06/05/21 01:01 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

mushrooms in forging new neuronal connections (neuroplasticity) as well as new neurons (neurogenesis) that accounts for at least some of their effectiveness.

yes exactlly.

OfflineSub-Easy
slowly dying since birth
Male User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: SpaceCube]
    #27336088 - 06/05/21 08:26 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I know there is science to show that children have a high level of neuroplasticity, I also know that around the age of thirty we start shifting gears towards using the frontal, more reasoning, less emotional, part of the brain.

I feel like I'm a kid again after descovering shrooms at the age of 35.(I'm 37 or 38 now, you start loosing track) I've always been playful and adventurous, but I feel like a kid in my emotions, I missed when I lost that part of me.

If you're depression is caused by revisiting, and therefore reinforcing, negative thought patterns, I think the research suggests that building new neural networks can get you out of that frame of mind. I guess that's part of it.

I definitely feel like I have some new pathways being stimulate and formed.

They say mushrooms are non toxic but if they are changing your brain, wouldn't that be worse?

Let's hope it's for the better, right guys?

--------------------

Those ephemeral spasms of infinity, in suspended animation, born across a boundless ether of existential misery aloft a revelry (of awe) for the abhorrently sublime.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Sub-Easy]
    #27336332 - 06/05/21 01:26 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sub-Easy said:
They say mushrooms are non toxic but if they are changing your brain, wouldn't that be worse?

Worse than what?

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Kittlebean]
    #27336584 - 06/05/21 05:37 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Doubt there's much difference in this kind of thing for varieties. 

Also I'm very sure you can't post a link like that here.  :trollcop:

--------------------

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #27336589 - 06/05/21 05:40 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

That's a pretty legit looking scam site

OfflineSub-Easy
slowly dying since birth
Male User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: feevers]
    #27336843 - 06/05/21 10:46 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

One of my brothers was going through a bad time with drugs and alcohol, then he found out that his dog has cancer and he had a little breakdown. He took off of work to go on a group camping trip that was hosted by a drug outreach program, so of course I offered him some mushrooms to help his head. He had to stay clean and sober for the trip. He did a small amount that weekend and said it was a beautiful experience, then he did more the next weekend and tripped pretty good. He came back to work in really high spirits and off the drugs and alcohol and was very greatful I gave him the shrooms. He said they made all the difference.

There are four people that work in the office were I work and they could be dying soon from different health problems, so I send them texts with links to videos about the studies they are doing with magic mushrooms. They know I grow mushrooms because I give away oyster and lion's mane mushrooms to people at work, and I'm always brings my jars with syringe filter and injection Port lids to work filled with cool aid. But none of them have gotten the clue or had the desire to ask about any magic mushrooms.

My other brother used to come over and get drunk and cause trouble. no one at my house drinks or does drugs. But I don't let him come over anymore because last time he woke up the neighborhood (including us) at two in the morning, and got the cops called. They made him leave but not before he had them following him through my house while he looked for his shoes and phone and stuff. So they had all of my mushroom growing stuff recorded on there body cameras. It's a lot of equipment and if they didn't know what it was for, I'm sure they showed there chief the footage and asked him what all that stuff was. They probably thought I was making bombs or something.

Well, I got to spend that morning before I went to work throwing out 16 blocks of substrate freshly inoculated with colonized grain spawn, and nine jars of LC. Enough inoculated substrate to make four pounds of dry mushrooms or more. I had two marthas set up to be fully automated, down to the low water automatic fill valve. These things could be loaded and never touched, until harvest. They are cool because I take the colonized bulk straw/manure block out of the plastic ben and put it directly on the rack and the mushrooms grow out on all six sides of the block. The little guys grow straight down off the bottom towards the light below them. It looks so cool.

I never sold my shrooms. I did it for the people, anyone that wanted them, and I really believe in the healing power of them, so I guess I'll just keep growing the legal ones. They're known to have great health benefits too.

--------------------

OfflineEldest Oyster
Stranger
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Sub-Easy]
    #27340333 - 06/08/21 02:14 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Hi GrainPsilo,

Maybe the way to figure it out is, make a chart of your subjective experience of depression and anxiety, rating it on a scale once a week. Then try different doses and frequencies and see what seems to offer the most improvement. 

My experience is that micro dosing didn't work so well.  1.5g (dried homegrown cubensis) didn't help much.  6 to 9 grams always worked, for about 6 weeks.  I just tried a 4g trip a few days ago, and that seemed to get me over the threshold of whatever it is that helps me get out of depression. 

My inclination is to use the minimum effective dose most of the time.  If 1 gram works, that's good. 

I'm also hoping, and it seems to be true, that my regular dosing is helping me learn how to be not depressed.  Time will tell

Good luck

OfflinePhrontist
Determined
 User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Eldest Oyster]
    #27340385 - 06/08/21 03:09 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I can't find his name at the moment, but there is a doctor who has been prescribing and tracking a microdosing regimen for decades. Mind you, he doesn't prescribe the actual psilocybin, just the exact regimen for people to follow, and then tracks their results. According to him, as little as 0.1g can be effective, but no more than 1g is necessary. Also, you take a microdose on let's say Day 0. Evidence shows that it's active in your system through day 3, and then on Day 4 you take another microdose.

Personally, I have been dealing with major clinical depression for 30 years now. I started following that regimen about a year ago, putting powdered mushrooms into 00 capsules (which comes out to about 0.33g) and taking one per microdose. There has been a noticeable improvement to my general mood, but also in my ability to be productive. If you have the means, I don't think there is any downside to giving this a shot for a few weeks.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Phrontist]
    #27340454 - 06/08/21 04:16 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

And if you don't have the means just grow them by all means. :solidnod:

--------------------

OfflineKittlebean
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Kittlebean]
    #27457944 - 09/06/21 06:48 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

It was some time ago I made this thread now but it's nice to see that people are still adding to it. Thank you to everyone for all of your replies and its great to read all the different stories regarding how mushrooms have helped people overcome pain.

I'm sure this will be a helpful and encouraging read for many others.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order