Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OnlinePrimalSoup
won't you please help my dog?
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #24439308 - 06/27/17 02:51 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

OK the purging and healing aspect, yes I agree medium doses facilitate that - enough to be effective but not so much as to be overwhelming.  :thumbup:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #24443919 - 06/29/17 08:49 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah..Seems like the medium doses keep whatever "you" is connected enough to see things/hear things that can change.

High doses can be mind blowing, but it feels like medium doses are the shrooms way of saying "Deal with this stuff and get it out of the way before we can really get into things."

Both have their place.

--------------------

:gd_icon: Shadowboxing the apocalypse and wandering the land :gd_icon:

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Crispykoot]
    #24444671 - 06/29/17 03:44 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Hope I don't hijack your thread.

Lifelong sufferer of depression/anxiety.

I've been microdosing daily (usually .3 but up to 1.5) for about a 2 months now and yes it has been life changing to say the least, but frankly I want to be CURED if possible. 

I tried 7 grams yesterday and it was incredible, just short of "ego death" I'd say.  The "oneness" and euphoria were fantastic, But... 2 hours into it I basically snapped back into myself and felt more alone then I have for a very long time.  Borderline suicidal. 

Has this happened to anyone else?
So far my favorite dosage has been 1.5 but I don't know if I can keep that up forever w/o building a tolerance. Should I try maybe 2.0 or even 3.5 once a week?

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: FlatHatter]
    #24444885 - 06/29/17 05:05 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

You jumped from 1.5 to 7 grams? Lol I don't think I would choose either of those doses for this particular problem. 1.5 seems too low and 7 grams seems like total overkill.

IMO the 2.5 - 4 gram range is what you want. Read my earlier post on medium doses.

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #24444952 - 06/29/17 05:25 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Oh, no I'm sorry ha.  I've done 3.5 several times, but only once in the last year.  It's just that on 3.5 I just feel really good, insightful, and my vocab doubles.  Even 1.5 does that actually.

The trouble is maybe not the next day, but eventually I feel down again.  Even wth the 7 gram dose I didn't confront any of my "demons."  Just felt some incredible feelings, thought incredible ideas and ya some respectable visuals.
And then... Shit on myself. Hardcore.  Not part of the trip either.  More like a "reality hangover"

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: FlatHatter]
    #24445235 - 06/29/17 07:09 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe you need a different psychedelic.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#24445253 - 06/29/17 07:14 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Or the right setting

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #24445375 - 06/29/17 08:04 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Setting deff could have been better.  I travel for work and was in pretty crummy hotel room.  But like I said the trip itself was fantastic. 

Are you guys saying I shouldn't get my hopes up for a larger dose?  I can't afford to get caught buying something off the street and I can grow these myself.

And again, the middle range doses are great.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#24445391 - 06/29/17 08:07 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

large doses are great, add some salt to aurora's posts.

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

#24445399 - 06/29/17 08:09 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Well if high doses couldn't alleviate it long term I don't know what could.

And I would definitely not be tripping in a hotel room :lol:

How did you even manage that? Tripping so hard in a place that's unfamiliar? Even tripping in your own house at that dose will probably leave you completely forgetting where you are and what you are. Are you sure those mushrooms are good quality? Or that you don't have some insane natural tolerance?

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#24445411 - 06/29/17 08:13 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

its not like "woah I took 7 grams and I'm not cured for lyfe? wtf?"

did mushrooms many times before my breakthrough

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #24445480 - 06/29/17 08:45 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Haha, thanks for the humor guys.  Ya know ya honestly it seems like I have an incredible tolerance for psychedelics.  I mean ya I was crawling around the floor don't get me wrong, but it all seemed so funny.

Grew them myself, second grow, ground up and in pill form.  Golden teacher so not the strongest but still.  I'm sure microdosing did play some role.

Invisiblekardz30
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24445733 - 06/29/17 10:34 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Aurora,

I can't say i'm in as desperate straights as you were, but I am looking for the meaning of life in a sense and anticipating looking inward in a deep and profound way.

I've heard 5g is a heroic dose, what made you do 11g? What was that experience at double a heroic dose?

OnlinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: kardz30]
    #24445897 - 06/30/17 12:00 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

IME shrooms will not show you the meaning of life, but they might show you that there really isn't any such thing.  Will they "cure" depression long term? Likely not.  Will they help if applied regularly?  Most likely.  :shrug:

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineKittlebean
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #24446388 - 06/30/17 07:55 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ya know ya honestly it seems like I have an incredible tolerance for psychedelics.

Have you been on SSRI'S for your depression/anxiety whilst dosing shrooms?

From what I understand they can greatly diminish the experience..

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24446968 - 06/30/17 02:39 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Kittlebean said:
Have you been on SSRI'S for your depression/anxiety whilst dosing shrooms?

From what I understand they can greatly diminish the experience..

No believe it or not.
Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
IME shrooms will not show you the meaning of life, but they might show you that there really isn't any such thing.  Will they "cure" depression long term? Likely not.  Will they help if applied regularly?  Most likely.  :shrug:

Interesting.  I won't disagree on the meaning part, but with the studies and people's personal stories here it's hard to agree that it can't be cured.  As crazy as it sounds.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#24447021 - 06/30/17 03:02 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Funny thats kind of what I would say was revealed to me that night, the meaning of life, my life anyway.

Not trying to 'disagree,' its just interesting how peoples experiences vary.

You're essentially exposing yourself to the unconscious mind while conscious when you ingest these fungi, so it would make sense for us to get different answers/views/angles.

InvisibleDevoswitch
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tasmania Flag
    #24447220 - 06/30/17 04:10 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Well as stated I for one am one of those (hopefully) cured cases after high dose. It's a been a few years now and I can honestly say I haven't had depression since.
Maybe it was just the ferocity of the trip that made me appreciate myself and my life more. Who knows. I'm not complaining cause I had been in a bad way for years and years.

OnlinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#24447229 - 06/30/17 04:12 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

FlatHatter said:

Interesting.  I won't disagree on the meaning part, but with the studies and people's personal stories here it's hard to agree that it can't be cured.  As crazy as it sounds.

"Cure" has a very specific clinical meaning.  "Alleviate" is more apt to describe the effect.  It depends on the cause which can be multiple, solely psychological or solely physical or some combination of both.  "Cure" is more likely to happen with somebody who's very receptive to the messages and work that the mushrooms do, which isn't everybody.

--------------------

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

#24447271 - 06/30/17 04:30 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Depression doesn't exist if you don't believe in it.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience