Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Ayahuasca, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKittlebean
Male

Loc: UK Flag
What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression.
    #24431270 - 06/24/17 11:56 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Who on here has used mushrooms to treat depression.

If so I was looking for some info on how successful it was.
what was the dosage? we're you alone? how often do you need to dose to keep it at bay or was it a one time trip that helped you get past it?

How long had you been suffering from depression before using mushrooms as a treatment?

:thumbup:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Kittlebean]
    #24431310 - 06/24/17 12:21 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Was a lifelong thing for me, suicidal and sad all the time. I'd done quite a bit of shrooming without being "cured" before this one glorious trip. 4th of july on the beach with close friends, 11+ grams. In short it showed me the meaning in my life and I have not considered suicide or considered myself a depressed person since that night.

While high doses are harder to manage, that is where the real medicinal effects occur IME

OfflineLeeHarvOz
Homie
Male User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #24431321 - 06/24/17 12:27 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

it completely cleared up my depression for about 2 months but after that it came back. its too taxing on my mind to trip like that (last time i did upwards of 10 grams dried.) while I'm depressed though so now I'm on pharmaceuticals which are working great

--------------------

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
octopus fucking starfish
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Swimming in Circles Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Kittlebean]
    #24431370 - 06/24/17 12:59 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

The reason they help people with depression and anxiety is they show you how to listen to your thoughts with more impartiality, face your demons, and accept what you have to say about yourself. The only way this doesn't work is if you fight your own revelation and further supress what should have been faced. "Ok, that sucks, but let's move on. All Together Now."

OfflineKittlebean
Male

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: LeeHarvOz]
    #24431376 - 06/24/17 01:01 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

have not considered suicide or considered myself a depressed person since that night.

Wow, that's an amazing story. Glad you managed to cure yourself of something as big as depression, and with mushrooms is even more fantastic.

My girlfriend has suffered for years and has had a reasonable amount of success over time With therapy etc but I'm hoping mushrooms could be what really helps.

Quote:

now I'm on pharmaceuticals which are working great

I'm glad you have something that works well for you :thumbup:

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

#24433390 - 06/25/17 02:50 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

A decent mushroom trip helps me for a few days to a week. When I was tripping weekly I was doing better. But have not tripped in like 3 weeks, and I really need to. Been considering a 14g trip again. Did one years ago and blew me the fuck away. Was to much for my like 4th or 5th trip.

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#24433498 - 06/25/17 04:33 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

psychedelics are simply a method of working with the unconscious mind, the same part of your mind that produces dreams. It is remarkable how good the unconscious is at naturally knowing how to heal your psyche at large.

It was a remarkable breakthrough, but don't expect it to just happen/be a magic fix. I ate a lot of mushrooms before that night, I think the high dose may have been what really did it for me. See my sig for a little trip guide :thumbup:

OfflineMephistopheles
Stranger

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #24433637 - 06/25/17 07:35 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I have actually very positive experiences.
I have had chronic recurring depression for more than a decade.
I tried many different anti-depressant medications and I suffered from horrific side effects. So I tried something more.... unconventional.
Sadly I am not one of the people who experienced a total cure with psychedelics, but at least psychedelics make me feel better for weeks after use. 
I think psychedelics saved my life.
A few weeks ago I also made a forum post on here to report my experiences, just in case you are interested.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24373500
With mushrooms, right now I am testing how microdosing once or twice a week is going to help me with my depression. I started small scale growing myself (always good to learn a new skill to take your mind of things when you are depressed). So far everything is gong well. ;-)

InvisibleDevoswitch
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tasmania Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Mephistopheles]
    #24433672 - 06/25/17 08:26 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I took a couple of trips around 7.5g subaeruginosa quite close to each other. Maybe 2weeks apart. One of them completely cured my depression.
It was an extremely hard trip for me. Lots of vomit and it felt really dark and sinister. I didn't enjoy it at all during the time. I was literally a new man a few hours later though.
I suffered depression really bad for maybe 12 years before that. Have not had one single bout of it since which was maybe 2 years ago.

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Mephistopheles]
    #24433677 - 06/25/17 08:32 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Serious depression here too..Suicidal for a year or more due to life issues.

Shrooms.. They are really helping me to beat this shit. Its not easy facing our demons but it does work.

It plugs us in. Brings our senses back, connects us to the whole again.

I'm doing shrooms at least every 8 weeks...The interval could be a bit shorter but thats how long I get relief for so far. My dosages started low...2 grams of cubes the first time...10 grams of stones  last Wed.

I was mega depressed before the last trip...Every day waking up and just saying"Fuck!"...Work work work...trying to cope. The trip was hard but it set some shit straight and gave perspective...This helped so much. Beyond that though it works in the background....All I can say is I feel better... Like 100% better...We can change many of the things that keep us fucked. We can also accept things we can't change and learn how to live.

I hope you find your way through this. This is a great community. Stay strong but don't be afraid to let go too.

--------------------

:gd_icon: Shadowboxing the apocalypse and wandering the land :gd_icon:

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

Loc: North So Cal Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Crispykoot]
    #24433738 - 06/25/17 09:43 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Very positive. However... The ego is an incredibly powerful adversary when trying to battle depression. It fights for control of the mind just as hard as you fight to get some sanity. Don't stop fighting and yes psychedelics can be a very useful tool.

--------------------

OfflineKittlebean
Male

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Steveinshell]
    #24433794 - 06/25/17 10:21 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Psilosopherr - thanks, I will be sure to read through the trip guide in your sig.

It's great to see how many people have been able to overcome or even just improve their depression with mushrooms. It just reminds you how wonderful they can be.

I don't expect it to be an easy fix by any means, it only makes sense that the trip itself and possibly a short time afterwards will be difficult. I think for most people depression is caused by an event or a series of events so that means facing and dealing with your demons that you usually fight to keep OUT of your mind.

It's very reassuring to read all of these stories.

Thanks everybody :thumbup:

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

#24436847 - 06/26/17 04:39 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

The two main archetypes of mushrooms are relativism and optimism so yes it's very effective for depression inherently.

I wont tell you my experiences or my knowledge of other people's experiences but I will say from what Ive seen that it only seems to really work on medium doses of mushrooms (3 grams, etc.)

Low doses aren't strong enough for that realization (only chemical relief) and higher doses (unlike LSD and supposedly Ayahuasca) it becomes more impersonal and less about you and your puny human concerns.
When it comes to psilocybin; medium doses are healing doses. For cubensis 2.5 to 3.5 grams seems to be the sweet spot for this sort of thing.

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #24437277 - 06/26/17 07:30 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I would say it varies greatly in terms of dosage, metod of ingestion and state of mind. In terms of relief...You have to find your own sweet spot....

The only real proof you need is whether you feel better. So many factors. You want to trip. That's the point.

--------------------

:gd_icon: Shadowboxing the apocalypse and wandering the land :gd_icon:

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Crispykoot]
    #24437567 - 06/26/17 09:12 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

It is hard NOT to feel better for a few days after. I was doing fairly well tripping once a week. It has been 3 weeks and shits been rough. I need to go back to tripping weekly, or micro dossing possibly.

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

OfflinePrimalSoup
we hear the total mass retain
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #24437766 - 06/26/17 10:34 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

For bipolar it's very effective - I noticed a long time ago that a good trip would always reset me to the manic phase of the cycle, reliably.  Don't know about ordinary depression but there's plenty of anecdotal evidence that it works for that.  Of course there's pretty much plenty of anecdotal evidence for everything.

However I have discussed this effect on bipolar with a couple different doctors and they all found it quite plausible.  :thumbup:

So try it, if it works you got it, if not you had a nice trip.  :awesomenod:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

#24438258 - 06/27/17 02:12 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Crispykoot said:
I would say it varies greatly in terms of dosage, metod of ingestion and state of mind. In terms of relief...You have to find your own sweet spot.....

I mean I'm just speaking generally. Yes low doses as well as high doses can be very therapeutic as well but I was just saying it's much more common for medium doses and no I'm not just speaking from my own trips. It seems psilocybin is most therapeutic for most people in the medium dose range and yes a "medium" dose will be different for everyone but generally it's about 2.5 to 4 grams for the average user.

I wasn't saying that was my personal "sweet spot" if that's what you thought. It's also worth pointing out that I find prior state of mind to not be as important if the setting is good and the dosage is right. Especially with mushrooms of all things.

Point is there's many things that psilocybin does but only in medium doses and this is just one of them. Now that's a bit of a loose statement since like I said it can occasionally occur with low/high doses but let's say for instance; horniness. That is a specific effect of psilocybin that is reported almost exclusively in medium doses not low or high doses. So it doesn't surprise me that the healing and therapeutic sweet spot for mushrooms would be in the medium dose range as well.

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #24438265 - 06/27/17 02:17 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
For bipolar it's very effective - I noticed a long time ago that a good trip would always reset me to the manic phase of the cycle, reliably.  Don't know about ordinary depression but there's plenty of anecdotal evidence that it works for that.  Of course there's pretty much plenty of anecdotal evidence for everything.

Yes I actually believe depression is mushroom's speciality. Depression and Body Dysmorphia it can definitely treat very effectively. I think even OCD and PTSD.

I don't know so much about bi polar disorder though. That's sounds sort of iffy but hey if it works for people that wouldn't surprise me. Psilocybin is a miracle to the psychopathology and psychiatry field of medicine.

OfflinePrimalSoup
we hear the total mass retain
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #24438366 - 06/27/17 03:54 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AuroraBorealis88 said:
let's say for instance; horniness. That is a specific effect of psilocybin that is reported almost exclusively in medium doses not low or high doses. So it doesn't surprise me that the healing and therapeutic sweet spot for mushrooms would be in the medium dose range as well.

Woohoo!  Not my experience for sure.  Across the board, low, medium, high, it always happens. 

Don't know about therapeutic use as that's never been my thing except for the shamanic trips that I've taken, but then that's about healing others mostly using methods of spiritual intervention (very traditional stuff BTW).

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #24438985 - 06/27/17 12:50 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Well we're probably the kind of people that can glean a lot from all doses of mushrooms, the average noob though might not be the same. I guess I was just mostly speaking on people who aren't pro trippers. I've noticed trippers who are experienced can get so much more out of every kind of dose.

And it's not so much that I don't find high or low doses therapeutic I just find the medium dose range to be the epicenter of healing especially when it comes to treating depression specifically. I've gotten "accidental healing" more often from medium doses than any other kind. There's many reports of medium dose mushroom trips somewhat mirroring the purging and healing aspect of Ayahuasca. I think when you dose higher though it becomes more science fictiony and bizarre; more galacticarian and less medicinal.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Ayahuasca, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience