Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineasvi
Stranger
Dry cakes during colonization? Help me judge please
    #24429158 - 06/23/17 12:33 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Hi to all,

This is my first post here after wandering around a bit to get useful infos, from articles to posts on the forum.

This is my third growth ever, first time I used a grow kit loong time ago, then went for the PF cakes method last winter with decent but not great results during fruiting and I am now trying it out again.

This time I sterilized the cakes with a PC instead of longer steam sterilization with a normal cooker. As soon as I took the cool jars out of the cookers, I realized the substrate looked lighter, less dark than the previous time (hence I first thought about dehydration). I then proceeded with sterile inoculation using a glove box.

Now, 11 days from inoculation, there's only one out of ten jars which looks healthily colonizing. Another one shows a micro spot of mycelium and the other eight look exactly the same as 11 days ago.

Here's a picture of a few sample jars (the one to the right is the healthy one of course):

I don't know whether it's possible that the cakes dry out in the PC during sterilization, but otherwise I can't see how the spores couldn't colonize. Note that they're sitting on a table and it's about 30°C during the day now.

Thank all for your time and experience,
asvi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Dry cakes during colonization? Help me judge please [Re: asvi]
    #24429160 - 06/23/17 12:34 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

yah those look off. what kind of brf and verm did you use?

Offlineasvi
Stranger
Re: Dry cakes during colonization? Help me judge please [Re: mushboy]
    #24429251 - 06/23/17 01:15 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I bought a regular brf at the supermarket and small particle vermiculite at a grow shop. They are both the same products I used for the previous successfully colonizing cakes.

Offlineasvi
Stranger
    #24435995 - 06/26/17 05:00 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Would injecting a few drops of sterile water in the jars help?

Offlineasvi
Stranger
    #24467618 - 07/08/17 12:12 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I did inject 1 cl per jar a week ago. Since then they all have been colonizing near the points where water was released, except two. That seems like a nice result overall. I'll now sit back and watch if colonization keeps going or not. Luckily the two that had started colonizing right away are now almost fully white, so I'll be able to fruit and maybe collect some spores for future growths.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate