Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: spore-ty]
    #24418993 - 06/19/17 08:59 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the feedback, all.

I've upped my misting to twice a day, may do three times as time goes on.  There's water under the lining though which I imagine would help during the day when the lid is on?  Was curious if that was ok or not.

That said, this evening when I looked, have maybe two dozen of those little guys now poking out, most much healthier and shooting straight up versus curved.

I've been cracking the lid last night and tonight after reading up some of the other threads.  Have my 'bodhified' tub with the B+ that I'll do the same with once it reached 70-100%.

Have two trays also done up with B+ too.  Hopefully something will come out :wink:

Have 12 plates of PE and 12 plates of B+ about ready to throw into grain and 8 more jars of PE going that should be ready in a week and a half, with three more tubs ready to be filled once the grains are.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: mynakedrat]
    #24419013 - 06/19/17 09:07 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mynakedrat said:
Those look good! Make sure they stay moist, and give plenty of fae! They looove air.

Thanks.  Read up on your unmodified/bodhified grow.  Good read.  I'm hoping for positive results as well.

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: OldNuts]
    #24420023 - 06/20/17 09:38 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Update, 17 days after spawning to the tub:

I wonder if I didn't make my substrate wet enough initially.

The last 1.5 days'ish I upped to three heavy mistings a day.  Tub sucked up all that water but I may have over misted this morning, had to dab up some pools of water with a paper towel.  You can see the leftover water in the pics below.

I've got the lid upside down to help increase FAE (this tub is a modified tub and has loose poly in the holes too, unlike my B+ which is "bodhified"). 

Tonight, I'll see where it's at but I may have saturated the substrate to the point where I'll skip this afternoon/evenings mistings or maybe just do a light one tonight before I turn in.

The little dudes are maybe a hair bigger than they were yesterday.  I don't want to over tweak shit and hinder progress, now that I'm fairly certain the substrate is hydrated sufficiently I kind of want to leave it alone and see how it does.

Any feedback from cultivators more experienced than I on how it looks, would be great.  Thanks all.

OfflineExplicitdetail
Rickshaw Bandit
Male User Gallery

Loc: North of the Equator
    #24420229 - 06/20/17 11:18 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I've always waited to increase FAE until the full pin set is in but that's just me. Also that first pic looks like it's drying out due to the slight yellow coloring.

--------------------
"Problems that remain persistently insoluble should always be suspected as questions asked in the wrong way."

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: Explicitdetail]
    #24423136 - 06/21/17 07:55 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Update, day 18.

I think my moisture is better now.  The tub seems to be absorbing pretty much everything I give it.  I seriously think my substrate was made too dry - so, I learned.  That said, after inspecting yesterday afternoon/evening, I heavily misted both times and it seems to be taking it well and absorbing with no problems. 
Woke up this morning and had some small beadlets on the surface, first time in a few days.

That said, a couple questions:

Discoloration looks very much like bruising to me, possibly from dabbing a little too rough when I was getting rid of the excess moisture the other day.  Areas are the same that had pools, would like opinions on that.

The fruits - are there two different types growing?  There's one or two that look very different from PE.  I wouldn't put it past making a mistake and mixing up a B+ plate into the mix along the way, but, I was pretty damn careful in my labeling.  But also, shit happens.

I can always start a new set of plates from the original source but I have a lot of plates and jars getting ready for their next steps already. 

Thanks, all!

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shakedown St.
Trusted Cultivator
    #24423570 - 06/21/17 11:16 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

You can get "normal" looking fruits from PE especially when not working with a clone or isolate.
As it gets bigger you can usually notice some of the tell tale "bumpiness" on the stipe below the cap.

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: LotKid]
    #24424001 - 06/21/17 02:23 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LotKid said:
You can get "normal" looking fruits from PE especially when not working with a clone or isolate.
As it gets bigger you can usually notice some of the tell tale "bumpiness" on the stipe below the cap.

Didn't know that - thanks.  It'll be interesting to see what happens.

The sizes in general made me nervous as the last grow, B+, the knots/initial fruits were larger in stature right from the beginning.  However, even the little one in this tub that started out is getting fatter/taller.  Everyone says PE is different and takes more patience, it's no joke.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24424025 - 06/21/17 02:34 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

They're worth the wait. :thumbup:

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24426799 - 06/22/17 02:42 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Day 19

All seems good sub-wise.  It's sucking up a lot of water even at three heavy mistings a day, these shots were just after a misting.

Have a handful of new fruits coming up, some are clustered most are solo.  Tub smells good, which is reassuring.

In other news, my B+ "unbodified" tub is coming along.  Within the next week I should be able to spawn another PE tub (and maybe another B+), which I'll also go unbodified with and allow for a longer time of consolidation versus this one which was setup for fruiting pretty much immediately.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24426814 - 06/22/17 02:49 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OldNuts said:

I've gotten little ones like that. They don't get very big. Micro cube. Your other pins look good.

Quote:

OldNuts said:

All seems good sub-wise.  It's sucking up a lot of water even at three heavy mistings a day, these shots were just after a misting.

I've noticed PE to be pretty thirsty.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24427623 - 06/22/17 08:14 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LotKid said:
Quote:

OldNuts said:

I've gotten little ones like that. They don't get very big. Micro cube. Your other pins look good.

Quote:

OldNuts said:

I've noticed PE to be pretty thirsty.

Appreciate the input.

Everything I've read says PE wants more water than most + more FAE.
My next PE tub I'll let consolidate a lot more before I get it into fruiting.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24427631 - 06/22/17 08:17 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Let your spawn consolidate too. I let my jars sit around for like a week or more after 100%.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24428713 - 06/23/17 09:36 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Day 20

Woke up to some pooled water on the substrate - got oddly warm here during the night and the temp in the house went up higher than usual, maybe had something to do with it.

Dabbed up the pooled water, misted the areas that seemed dry.  I clearly need to learn how to level out my sub better.

Some new small fruits here and there.  The older ones are getting taller, some fatter but for the most part still are fairly small or thin.

In other news, my newest PE agar transfer has grown very differently than the previous ones.

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24428721 - 06/23/17 09:39 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LotKid said:
Let your spawn consolidate too. I let my jars sit around for like a week or more after 100%.

Did this with the PE trays I made last weekend and admittedly, my B+ jars that are now in the unbodified tub did the same just do to lack of time/materials.

Both are doing excellent, I may be wrong, but appears I've got some small pinning starting to form in the B+ tub, but going to let it go as long as I can before I fruit it.

Is it good form to consolidate multiple grows and their updates to one thread, or, should a separate one be made for the B+ tub and PE trays?

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24428853 - 06/23/17 10:36 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I'd split the two grows into two threads. That's just me.
I wouldn't worry so much about consolidating the B+.
PE just seems to like it in order to cut down on blobs.

If your B+ is starting to pin then it's already fruiting. Once they get a little bigger up the FAE.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24429405 - 06/23/17 02:28 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LotKid said:
I'd split the two grows into two threads. That's just me.
I wouldn't worry so much about consolidating the B+.
PE just seems to like it in order to cut down on blobs.

If your B+ is starting to pin then it's already fruiting. Once they get a little bigger up the FAE.

Copy, that.

I'll wait for them to get bigger.

I played around with the two trays of PE - I cased one right from the get go, the other wasn't cased.  I don't want to crack the lid much on them right now, but in a couple days I'll snap some pictures.  The cased one has much denser consolidation so far, at least the little I can see through the casing.  The uncased is doing fine, just a bit behind.

Again, appreciate the input.  PE is a new world.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24429723 - 06/23/17 04:53 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

No worries. I like to help people avoid blobs if I can.
The pins you now though look like you're off to a good start. I think you'll be pleased with what you get.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24438799 - 06/27/17 09:34 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Day 24

Lot of activity since yesterday and there's a nice thick one coming up out of the center.
There's dozens of heads poking out of the sub now.

Invisiblemynakedrat
The phantom hourglass
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Inner Astral levels Flag
    #24438802 - 06/27/17 09:35 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Woot

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: mynakedrat]
    #24439643 - 06/27/17 03:12 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Should be good.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags