Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
Re: Jeff Sessions personally asked congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers [Re: Morel Guy] * 1
    #24406631 - 06/14/17 10:44 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

i dont understand why anyone thinks the federal government has the right to prohibit the use of any plant, drug, etc.

when alcohol was prohibited, they KNEW it went against everything the constitution and the idea of a personal liberty stood for. that is why they knew it would require an amendment to the constitution (the 18th amendment)

aint it a bitch how after repealing the 18th and legalizing alcohol again, they didnt seem to need an amendment to criminalize "drugs"

they justify it by saying "these people/organizations/drugs kill people!" but they dont distinguish the deaths caused by drugs (remarkably low) from the deaths caused by the war on drugs (insanely high) and the war FOR drugs (highest of all).

america should learn from the success and failure of other countries drug programs. they all tried it like we told them to, and there have been thousands of studies analyzing the results. a few of them have been bold enough to try something different (instead of the heavy-handed policy america endorses), and they have all but eradicated the worst things we associate with drugs (like heroin addiction, deaths, hiv/aids, etc). we should have enough sense to look at the numbers and realize that this kind of drug policy doesnt work here and has never worked ANYWHERE. the war on drugs is a war on people

the modern drug war is almost entirely the result of 1 man's obsession: Harry Anslinger . Anyone interested in how it got this way should check out  the book "Chasing the Scream", its fantastic

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsillyboy
Florida man
 User Gallery

Loc: In the 60's
Re: Jeff Sessions personally asked congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #24406820 - 06/15/17 12:46 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
"True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country - K. Vonnegut

“The real truth, that dare not speak itself, is that no one is in control. Absolutely no one.” ― Terence McKenna

"LSD is a psychedelic drug which occasionally causes psychotic behavior in people who have never taken it." - Timothy Leary

Offlinekeyser_soze
Truth Bomber
Re: Jeff Sessions personally asked congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24407043 - 06/15/17 05:18 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Really?

The trump administration sensationalize something?

Not what i was getting at , at all.

Read sessions letter and then cross reference that with the article... maybe 15% of the letter is mentioned. the rest is some bulllshit added in to rile up the voting base.

sensationalist news media.

--------------------
People in my Fan Club: Masked (President), Ballsalsa (VP), The Ecstatic*don't waste your time "debating" with him, he uses 3rd grader tactics (Director of Bullshit), Koods (Fake News Anchorman), Falcon - Devout Communist

*Word your posts carefully if they contain right wing values. The moderators here like to keep it left leaning, they will use every excuse to ban you but not the others. You've been warned.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Jeff Sessions personally asked congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers [Re: Blabble40]
    #24409506 - 06/16/17 05:28 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Blabble40 said:
But there's nothing anyone, any citizen, can do. These are the people in power and they make the rules. Even if you vote, they can just make a new law overriding it.

It's different now. Even in California people are scared to get weed for fear of prosecution. They're probably locking people up like crazy now. Be afraid. There's nothing anyone can do.

Where are they "locking people up?"

There has not been one california raid. Just cause people get paranoid when jeff sessions opens his mouth doesnt mean anything. Also, if you BELIEVE you are powerless, you are. But worse than that, if everyone involved just gets all scared, then we dont end up defending the plant we love. No, fuck that. Read Thoreau's Civil Disobedience.

DO NOT be afraid.

This just means when youre out on the streets smoking joints and Po-po pulls up, maybe dont do that. Other than that, marijuana is a huge industry, its not gonna just disappear. Do not start thinking "oh no they changed everything".

Because if anything, it can be a self-fulfilled prophecy. But if its not, the weed will prevail. Did you not see the article about Big Pharma lobbying for CBD in 20 states?

We need to keep it "mom and pop", no big pharma. Thats the same as giving it to the tobacco companies for them to lace your joints and sell them at very high prices.

Also, as written in Civil Disobedience we are NOT powerless, especially collectively. Until we all say "we are powerless"

http://reason.com/blog/2017/06/15/this-bill-would-protect-medical-marijuan

Edited by Fractal420 (06/16/17 05:35 AM)

OfflineBlabble40
Scorpio

Re: Jeff Sessions personally asked congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers [Re: Fractal420]
    #24413503 - 06/17/17 08:26 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Well, change that we collectively want as a people can't come soon enough.
With pot becoming legal there's a chance we can keep it ma and pa but I wouldn't hold my breath. It's a new thing. With the way it is now, expect big corporations to wrestle control of it somehow. If not, it'd be a big miracle.
People have been opposed to the war on drugs for years and, well, look where we still are.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Jeff Sessions personally asked congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers [Re: Blabble40]
    #24414017 - 06/18/17 02:21 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Remember tho we can always DIY as long as seeds are available and as long as its not made a felony etc

(In some states it is, like mushies)

But that doesnt stop most of shroomery :P

I think people are gonna want the real shit and not marlboro 420's. However. By the looks of it now theyll have to sell some intense c02 blasts. Maybe mix in some noxious chemicals, such as nicotine. But even now, you can still use grow tobacco, is my point

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleONE OZ SLUG
-
Male

Loc: TX
Re: Jeff Sessions personally asked congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers [Re: Fractal420]
    #24414020 - 06/18/17 02:23 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Prohibition never stopped anything, except on opposite day.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Jeff Sessions personally asked congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers [Re: ONE OZ SLUG]
    #24414021 - 06/18/17 02:24 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Except for the poor suckers that get caught :/

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleONE OZ SLUG
-
Male

#24414022 - 06/18/17 02:26 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

There's drugs and alcohol in jail, too

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Jeff Sessions personally asked congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers [Re: ONE OZ SLUG]
    #24414039 - 06/18/17 02:47 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

True but who wants to go through that. Hopefully, no one lol. Not in the mood for toilet wine, hidden suboxone in paper, etc. and cigs costing $10

Its all about staying in society and not giving in

Point is, the weed war (the good side, lol) has gone a LONG way this last decade. Its not for nothing, i firmly believe that. And we're not going back as LONG as we display civil disobedience. gotta find a link for anyone who hasnt read this

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#24414045 - 06/18/17 02:56 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~hyper2/thoreau/civil.html

^these are the methods states like colorado have been using and clearly it works. Its a bit like ghandi's non-violent protest but more so the collective ignorance of a specific law we find unjust. Throughout history, when this happens, it is likely if we endure we will win. Especially in a supposed republic always referred to as a "democracy" (two pretty different things)

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #24414307 - 06/18/17 07:38 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
Quote:

Blabble40 said:
But there's nothing anyone, any citizen, can do. These are the people in power and they make the rules. Even if you vote, they can just make a new law overriding it.

It's different now. Even in California people are scared to get weed for fear of prosecution. They're probably locking people up like crazy now. Be afraid. There's nothing anyone can do.

Where are they "locking people up?"

There has not been one california raid. Just cause people get paranoid when jeff sessions opens his mouth doesnt mean anything. Also, if you BELIEVE you are powerless, you are. But worse than that, if everyone involved just gets all scared, then we dont end up defending the plant we love. No, fuck that. Read Thoreau's Civil Disobedience.

DO NOT be afraid.

This just means when youre out on the streets smoking joints and Po-po pulls up, maybe dont do that. Other than that, marijuana is a huge industry, its not gonna just disappear. Do not start thinking "oh no they changed everything".

Because if anything, it can be a self-fulfilled prophecy. But if its not, the weed will prevail. Did you not see the article about Big Pharma lobbying for CBD in 20 states?

We need to keep it "mom and pop", no big pharma. Thats the same as giving it to the tobacco companies for them to lace your joints and sell them at very high prices.

Also, as written in Civil Disobedience we are NOT powerless, especially collectively. Until we all say "we are powerless"

http://reason.com/blog/2017/06/15/this-bill-would-protect-medical-marijuan

if 20+ years of helicopter-flying, assault-rifle-toting assholes didn't stop people in NorCal from growing weed....Sessions doesn't stand a chance.  there are tens of thousands of people growing close to a hundred thousand grows in one state alone.  and there are 10+ medical/legal states now

the worst they can do, which they likely won't, is make a few poor examples out of people, which, again, isn't going to change the culture

if Sessions were smart, which he isn't, he would be focusing on tresspass grows (largely Mexican-cartel) and Eastern European gang-/mafia-based grows

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleIbex-Trismegistus
Stranger

Re: Jeff Sessions personally asked congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers [Re: demiu5]
    #24414321 - 06/18/17 07:49 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I am actually very concerned about Jeff sessions.

Harry J. Anslinger was told it was an impossible task to make cannabis illegal, and while he did not stop it he really made things difficult. I see sessions as an equal threat.

The lack of concern regarding sessions also bothers me.

--------------------
I've noticed that when people are joking they're usually dead serious, and when they're serious, they're usually pretty funny.-Jim Morrison

'Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.-Confucius —

When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight. Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.”― John Lennon

This account as been hacked! It is still being messed with by an intruder.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Jeff Sessions personally asked congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers [Re: Ibex-Trismegistus]
    #24414333 - 06/18/17 07:55 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ibex-Trismegistus said:

Harry J. Anslinger was told it was an impossible task to make cannabis illegal, and while he did not stop it he really made things difficult. I see sessions as an equal threat.

go to california, specifically humboldt/mendo/trinity/del norte.  go to michigan, colorado, oregon, washington.

there's not enough room/police/federal police/judges, etc.... to process them all.  not to mention the tax revenue that would be lost as a result.

sessions is of no concern to the whole

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleONE OZ SLUG
-
Male

Re: Jeff Sessions personally asked congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers [Re: Ibex-Trismegistus] * 1
    #24416378 - 06/18/17 10:19 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ibex-Trismegistus said:

I think a lot of people are downplaying Sessions's potential here, and it's dangerous. Given the right budget and tools, law enforcement is capable of doing a lot of damage to the legal/medical cannabis market. A lot of people could go to jail over this, and Sessions means to give drug offenders lengthy sentences. This is a bad time for people in the cannabis industry to be getting complacent here.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24417238 - 06/19/17 09:33 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

It would take an Army of narcs to shit down the west coast grows.  Seriously, cali is mega booming dope crops year after year for decades.

It's were all the trust fund kids go that wanna grow.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineBlabble40
Scorpio

#24419108 - 06/19/17 09:49 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

And so an army it shall be. Why not? It's pretty early and you never can tell what kind of changes to expect in the near future given all that Trump is doing. He's making a lot of changes, and they're all very unpopular right now, so I wouldn't be surprised.
The change happens just like that. And you mean to say there's actually something to be done about this? We elected Trump in the first place and react the way terrorists want us to by electing the perceived officials who will supposedly make the world more peaceful.
All I can is these are dark times indeed. No amount of truth or information will do any good.
Quote:

Fractal420 said:
http://xroads.virginia.edu/~hyper2/thoreau/civil.html

^these are the methods states like colorado have been using and clearly it works. Its a bit like ghandi's non-violent protest but more so the collective ignorance of a specific law we find unjust. Throughout history, when this happens, it is likely if we endure we will win. Especially in a supposed republic always referred to as a "democracy" (two pretty different things)

That's also a good link, I'll comment more when I've read the whole thing. Everyone should read it and be informed thus. It could do the world a little good one by one, at the very least. The tipping point. Maybe it really works, like in Horton Hears a Who, where all it takes is that one more person for the change to go into effect.

Even in California they can crack down on the medical community easily. All just because Trump is now in office. Medical marijuana barely exists as it is.

Edited by Blabble40 (06/19/17 09:50 PM)

InvisibleIbex-Trismegistus
Stranger

#24428507 - 06/23/17 07:25 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ONE OZ SLUG said:
Quote:

Ibex-Trismegistus said:

I think a lot of people are downplaying Sessions's potential here, and it's dangerous. Given the right budget and tools, law enforcement is capable of doing a lot of damage to the legal/medical cannabis market. A lot of people could go to jail over this, and Sessions means to give drug offenders lengthy sentences. This is a bad time for people in the cannabis industry to be getting complacent here.

I agree.

Someone said they would need an army.

Harry J. Anslinger did not need an army.

Though Harry J. Anslinger also had the advantage of public ignorance, which he manipulated through propaganda like "reefer madness", he made the public into an "army of narcs" ready to drop the dime the second they smell cannabis smoke or suspect a person of growing.

Granted, the anti-cannabis movement is still running strong. When I leave state, people are not so friendly to the plant, in the south it's still seen as bad as all other street drugs, and they still sentence harshly for it.

Federal legalization was the last obstacle, and this attorney General will not allow federal legalization.

Most thought the war was won, while there is in reality much work to be done.

--------------------
I've noticed that when people are joking they're usually dead serious, and when they're serious, they're usually pretty funny.-Jim Morrison

'Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.-Confucius —

When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight. Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.”― John Lennon

This account as been hacked! It is still being messed with by an intruder.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies