Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleToe_Jam
Bluefoot Bandit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around some corner... Flag
Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’
    #24425920 - 06/22/17 06:56 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

http://www.wlwt.com/article/hamilton-county-coroner-we-have-seen-fentanyl-mixed-with-marijuana/10159652

CINCINNATI —
Synthetic opiates like fentanyl have been found in marijuana, Hamilton County Coroner Dr. Lakshmi Sammarco said Monday.

Fentanyl, a drug 50 to 100 times more powerful than morphine, has been linked to a surge of fatal overdoses across the county. It has been showing up in other drugs across the area.

“We have seen fentanyl mixed with cocaine, we have also seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana,” Sammarco said during a joint press conference with Sen. Rob Portman.

Sammarco said that there have already been 297 deaths in Hamilton County this year caused by suspected opioid overdose, compared to 403 confirmed deaths in all of 2016.

She did not specify how many cases involved marijuana mixed with a synthetic opiate.

“Essentially, the message we’ve tried to get out there, is if you are using any form of street drugs, count on them having some form of synthetic opioid mixed in,” Samarco said.

Samarco added that it is nearly impossible to tell which drugs are mixed with a synthetic opiate.

“We can’t tell you for sure until we test the blood of someone who has died or any of the drugs seized by law enforcement,” she added.

Samarco gave a dire warning to all street drug users.

“Just don’t use it. That’s all we can tell you, and we can’t say it enough.”

"She did not specify how many cases involved marijuana mixed with a synthetic opiate."

I translated that line as, 'We found fentanyl laced weed once'.

Does this remind anyone else of DARE class, when they would claim laced weed was this super common thing to get you hooked on coke, or PCP, or whatever was the "drug of evil" at the time?
Is fentanyl laced weed a legitimate concern?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (06/22/17 03:55 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
God lay his finger at the Mouth of the Serpent

March 1984

A pleasing land of drowsy head it was,
Of dreams that wave before the half-shut eye,
And of gay castles in the clouds that pass,
For ever flushing round a summer sky. -Castle of Indolence

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: Toe_Jam]
    #24426121 - 06/22/17 08:51 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I may or may not have been getting my weed from Hamilton County for the past year.  If I did, I never noticed any of my weed being laced.

--------------------
:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:  I dropped a cheesy pop dance track "Be With Me, Baby": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezFSNS7JDI :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake] * 1
    #24426139 - 06/22/17 09:09 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I've always gotten a chuckle out of the laced weed myth.  Yeah, right, some drug dealer is gonna just hook you up with free drugs.  :picard:

did anyone else notice this:
Quote:

Samarco added that it is nearly impossible to tell which drugs are mixed with a synthetic opiate.

“We can’t tell you for sure until we test the blood of someone who has died or any of the drugs seized by law enforcement,”

so if a guy smoked weed last week, and then overdosed and died yesterday, these guys are counting that as "drugs mixed with a synthetic opiate"

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: ballsalsa]
    #24426192 - 06/22/17 09:34 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Never tested weed but we and I were pretty sure laced weed was came across.

Always dirt weed.

Once suspected embalming fluid that at the time some people applied to weed to mimic pcp.

Another time pretty sure was pcp.

A friend also smoked pcp on weed at a fest.

99% of the time it's not anything but weed.

If you have dirt weed and can't sell it, lacing does bump up the value.

Best to grow your own.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineLeAto
Listener

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24426223 - 06/22/17 09:46 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Hamiltucky county...  I miss the good dro, I don't miss the dog food that was everywhere...

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24426261 - 06/22/17 10:02 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Since it will cost anyone much more to lace dirt weed with fentanyl  then buying and then selling potent buds, why would they?

The DEA love this bull shit, but do you really believe that Colombians are putting cocaine into coffee to sell more?

Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: rider420]
    #24426274 - 06/22/17 10:08 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rider420 said:but do you really believe that Colombians are putting cocaine into coffee to sell more?

Of course I believe it.
I mean, Coca Cola used to put cocaine in their Coca Cola...

"When launched, Coca-Cola's two key ingredients were cocaine and caffeine"

"Coca-Cola once contained an estimated nine milligrams of cocaine per glass. (For comparison, a typical dose or "line" of cocaine is 50–75 mg.[68]) In 1903, it was removed."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola

--------------------
:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:  I dropped a cheesy pop dance track "Be With Me, Baby": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezFSNS7JDI :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24426327 - 06/22/17 10:32 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:

Yep. And with fent you need such a miniscule amount I could see it.

If it is even smokable.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24426332 - 06/22/17 10:34 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe the coronor was misinterpreted. It tends to happen when speking with the media. The doctor was probably referring to blood samples that detected both MJ and fentanyl, not necessarily the drugs physically mixed together.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24426342 - 06/22/17 10:39 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Fent is smokable. People have been lighting up those patches for years.

Anyway, this is a 0% concern. No one is doing this. It's far more likely this is a bullshit lie, or the more likely scenario of there being cross contamination in the lab. If it's true I think it's far more probable that it was an accident or supposed to be a personal thing. Maybe even someone using it to help taper or keep away withdrawals. I'm not convinced at all that this is a business practice or any sort of malicious.

InvisibleToe_Jam
Bluefoot Bandit
Male User Gallery

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #24426352 - 06/22/17 10:43 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LeAto said:
Hamiltucky county...  I miss the good dro, I don't miss the dog food that was everywhere...

Heroin is fucking everywhere. Baaaaaad juju. Just keeps getting worse too, more and more ODs, schemers, pillheads...

Almost everyone in my old junkie crew has HIV now. Glad I got out when I did, pretty much all of them got it while I was in rehab.

I've been clean of opiates for 7 years.

Thank god for Psilocybe Ovoideocystidiata, learning how to hunt them and the experiences after success really helped me to turn my life around.

Quote:

badchad said:
Maybe the coronor was misinterpreted. It tends to happen when speking with the media. The doctor was probably referring to blood samples that detected both MJ and fentanyl, not necessarily the drugs physically mixed together.

No, I don't think so. That coroner is violently anti-drug, and there have been a huge number of overdoses associated with Fentanyl here. I think she was attempting to convey exactly what the article put out, that there have been cases where marijuana tested was seen to be laced.
Quote:

XLCaps said:
Fent is smokable. People have been lighting up those patches for years.

Anyway, this is a 0% concern. No one is doing this. It's far more likely this is a bullshit lie, or the more likely scenario of there being cross contamination in the lab. If it's true I think it's far more probable that it was ... to be a personal thing.

^ My thoughts as well.

--------------------

March 1984

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: rider420]
    #24426434 - 06/22/17 11:17 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

No it doesn't cost much at all.

Plus the drug game is all about oppertunity.

Lot's of people have never seem domestic buds or good canadian bud.  Some people only know commercial south american and mexican brick weed.

Ohio has a huge schwagg market.  It's rare but sometimes people lade it to boost market value.

$800 pound of worthless dirt is worth more when laced.  People will be like I Got so high and it doesn't even look that great.

--------------------

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #24426474 - 06/22/17 11:33 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
If it is even smokable.

Quote:

FENTANYL Property
Melting point:: 83-84°C
Boiling point:: 466℃
Density : 1.087
Flash point:: 186℃

http://www.chemicalbook.com/ChemicalProductProperty_US_CB4726988.aspx

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: demiu5]
    #24426518 - 06/22/17 12:05 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Well even it being laced doesn't mean it was maliciously laced.

People do combine weed and coke, weed and PCP, if weed and fent work, and you're into that shit, why not?

My only experience with laced weed was some kind of schwag laced with some unknown chemicals. Smelled faintly like fuel. It got me fucked up. It also gave me a searing headache and had my ex puking her brains out.

I feel like, with weed, that would be the most common malicious lacing. Spraying it down with fertilizer or some shit. Something cheap and stupid easy to get.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24426529 - 06/22/17 12:11 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

That was probably fuel from the smuggling in fuel tanks.

Home grown is the best.  Nothing safer than YOU KNOWING EXACTLY ever detail.

I don't like PCP at all.  It's too unstable in my brain.

Some of us like to keep things natural.  Other than the occasional LSD trip.

--------------------

InvisibleToe_Jam
Bluefoot Bandit
Male User Gallery

#24426555 - 06/22/17 12:23 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I got some shit ass brown brick weed one time from some super ghetto dude. He sat there talking about how he loved to smoke weed, but when the blunt came to him he passed. Curious...

Later that night, after smoking a bunch, I got uncharacteristically paranoid, had weird goosebumps all over, and felt like I was tripping... Sort of.

Pretty sure it was sprayed with that JWH stuff, it was super big at the time. I smoked it once or twice too and it made me feel similar.

Some dude I was with wasn't buying that it was laced (I smoke weed every day, this stuff was laced with SOMETHING) and just thought it was super good. I traded him for regular bud, like get that shit out of here.

That was the one and only time I suspect my weed was laced.

--------------------

March 1984

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: Toe_Jam]
    #24426580 - 06/22/17 12:32 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Never EVER underestimate how dump and stupid people are and what they will do to drugs or think are drugs.

Even the smart ones aren't all that smart.  Lot's of people don't read online and get facts.  Even then it can be hard to recall every single detail.

Street info is not worth a great deal.

--------------------

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
    #24427297 - 06/22/17 06:05 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Take me down to paraquat city
where your lungs will bleed
and the weed is shitty...:grin:

(sing to the tune of paradise city by Guns and Roses)

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #24427519 - 06/22/17 07:29 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I am highly disappointed in anyone that needed the parenthesis.

--------------------

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
    #24427544 - 06/22/17 07:41 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

LOL, I find in my old age some younger folks don't get the joke. Paraquat was an 80's thing.:shrug: A lot of people in here were born when I was 21 give or take.:grin:

--------------------

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#24428055 - 06/22/17 11:54 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:

Yeah, but it will also lower the value of whatever you're adulterating your weed with.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: chibiabos]
    #24428226 - 06/23/17 02:17 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Just talked about how soon this would start happening. Just hope its 1) an exaggeration 2) doesnt end up in any "legit" (i dont just mean legal/mmj) cannabis supply. Hopefully it wouldnt but thats horrible. I dont think anyone wants their weed infested with fent tho. My doc here told me the same thing, that some patient claims he only smoked weed and fent showed up, no dope etc. maybe he got it from some crackhead area, but yeah locally ive heard of 1 case.

It is alarming, though i think most people curate their sources and it prolly wont happen. Still. A bit of fent analog smoked and thats it. Scary shit.

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: chibiabos]
    #24428231 - 06/23/17 02:18 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

chibiabos said:
Quote:

Morel Guy said:

Yeah, but it will also lower the value of whatever you're adulterating your weed with.

If you have 20g of carfentanil maybe you can afford to experiment a bit...
Its pennies per dose.

Either way lets just hope this is a single incident or maybe one asshole doing this. Or just bs.

What is Ridiculous is this is MJ and they still keep saying "just say no"

What if you have cancer, for example? My good friend has stomach cancer, cant even use regular weed, has to vape plenty of c02 everyday to stop some horrible gastric symptoms. And its not a "real" MMJ state. We luckily get alot of imports and i feel those c02 carts would be adulterated before the actual cannabis is.

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (06/23/17 03:24 AM)

Invisiblepuff4200
Natural born lever puller

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: Fractal420]
    #24428589 - 06/23/17 08:19 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I really don't think people lace weed. Though I do know for a fact junkies reuse bags.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: puff4200]
    #24428784 - 06/23/17 10:12 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe people don't lace in your all circles out in pot snob country.

But they do in fact do in schwagg down town brown frown country.

If you simply never came across laced weed that does not mean you know everything or are an authority on all things weed.

--------------------

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #24428961 - 06/23/17 11:20 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

No one is lacing pot with anything, let alone fentanyl.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: nooneman]
    #24428988 - 06/23/17 11:32 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
No one is lacing pot with anything, let alone fentanyl.

Yes because everyone knows drug dealers are such upstanding citizens they would never misrepresent an illegal drug.

--------------------

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

#24429923 - 06/23/17 06:23 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Not if it's going to cost them money, they won't.  Dusting your weed with fentanyl isn't really the same as upselling your crappy bud.

Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

#24429929 - 06/23/17 06:25 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Fentanyl is probably a penny a pound if you are in the loop with Big Pharma

--------------------

Edited by lifeiswhatyoumake (06/23/17 06:26 PM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #24430971 - 06/24/17 06:55 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Lot's lf people in drugs don't have great business models.

They don't care about the quality of their product much of the time.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #24431207 - 06/24/17 09:24 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Remem
Quote:

lifeiswhatyoumake said:
Fentanyl is probably a penny a pound if you are in the loop with Big Pharma

Its mostly other, non-regulated analogs that can be ordered by the gram. So then these apparently amauteur dealers improperly mix up dope with these sometimes nanogram-potency chemicals. And then ODs happen. Doesnt take a genius. But its usually not just fentanyl citrate. Its usually an analog that can still be legally ordered

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: Fractal420] * 1
    #24431212 - 06/24/17 09:28 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

And it's not just dope. They're putting it in knockoff pharmies, coke, ketamine.....

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: Dark_Star]
    #24431504 - 06/24/17 12:07 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Yes. That is what really should be news. Heroin use has come up and that's largely why the epidemic is focused on them but we need to start talking about more than heroin when it comes to fentanyl.

Shit I worry about ordering poppy seeds.
Our RC and etizolam heads should be concerned too.
I don't put it past dealers to experiment with the profitability of tossing it in just about anything.

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24431585 - 06/24/17 12:37 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

So many drug dealers barely graduated high school.  They rely on street cred and bullshit beliefs.

I have seen pople pay $50 an eight for brick.  $60 for 2.8 grams of hydro.

Trust me.  Mexicans get some buds wet ith PCP.  No telling at stupid idea someon will do.

Even if fent isn't combustible on weed, inhalling dust thru the pipe is enough.

The od dose for fent is so damn tiny.

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24431615 - 06/24/17 12:45 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Reminds me of dirty ass west virginians thinking they were making LSD.

A of retards that barely graduates highschool moulding bread in a cooler is not LSD.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#24431912 - 06/24/17 02:32 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Ps where is there a report of fentanyl/analog laced ketamine? Tried to find it, couldnt. Altho for SURE ive seen ketamine laced with opis. But it was prolly dope, not fent. Something to add to bulk. And so little that mostly mandelin would just turn yellow and here and there id get a small mecke reaction. Could be a tiny amount of mdma too *shrug*.

Referring to Ket from like 3 years ago btw

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: Fractal420]
    #24431942 - 06/24/17 02:48 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

It smells like farts in here.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#24433620 - 06/25/17 05:14 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Reminds me of dirty ass west virginians thinking they were making LSD.

A of retards that barely graduates highschool moulding bread in a cooler is not LSD.

Man i went to W. VA one time, to this lake called Blue Hole. And it had all these huckleberry finn types, on this tall fucking bridge in the woods, standing on the tallest struts and each holding a 40, or even 2 (how you could climb like that, i dont know). Then they just dive into the lake from rollercoaster drop height at very least. One person a year or so dies because they hit a rock.

I know this is a bit off topic, but it makes me think: if these kids decide to "make Lsd" im staying far away lol

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Invisibleeeso
Str@nger
Male User Gallery
    #24438541 - 06/27/17 06:10 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I got a bag from a trusted friend that was laced with PCP, supposedly; never reagent tested it myself. I heard it from him as a warning days after - he claimed, and I truly believe, he didn't know it was laced at time of sale. Do I think weed is regularly laced? Absolutely not, the math just doesn't work out. The probability of such with the folks I used to deal with was infinitesimal.

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

Re: Hamilton County coroner: ‘We have seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana’ [Re: eeso]
    #24440595 - 06/27/17 08:02 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

In all honesty, if somebody offered to sell me laced weed then I'd pretty much just assume that they were thinking about robbing me.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom