Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
An interesting read: (Christians, drugs, and disaster)
    #2442129 - 03/17/04 05:30 AM (20 years, 6 days ago)

I have been struggling with my faith and so have been visiting a Christian board.  I came across a thread that said this:

"Liar's" is the name I am shooting for with the book I am writing. It is about kids on drugs and why they made the choice to get involved with all the information out there. In my line of work, I see kids getting into trouble, serious trouble. One of the hot new thrills for them is home invasions and people are getting killed. It grieves my heart to see our youth so angry and so lost. So, I am trying to explore why kids are giving their lives over to drugs. What is in their hearts, what is the family dynamics? What can we do to help these kids?

If you have experienced the life of drugs and want to tell your story, please send me a pm and I will give you a form to work on along with my email addy. Your name will not be used unless you specify that you want to use it.

I am preparing to start interviewing inmates in our jails and want to go to the Rehabs and Juvenile Center. I am trying to work out the legalities with our County Attorney. God has placed this on my heart to do everything I can in helping our kids and need stories like yours to make this book happen. If you are interested, please contact me. God bless and thank you in advance. Read

I wrote:

Are you including only negative stories of drug use in your book, or will you include positive stories? 

Read wrote back:

What kind of positive stories are we talking about, Ellemysh? You have a story to tell?

So I told my story:

Yes, I do actually. I know that your book is about drug abuse, but that is why I used the term 'drug use' in my first post in this thread. Also, I know that most Christians do not like illegal drugs at all, so I know that people will probably disagree that there is no positive to any drug use. But I do have a positive story of drug use that I would like to share. Its also not very easy for me to write.

When I was 18, I began drinking. It wasn't just a casual drink here or there, it was terrible intoxication that left me sick afterwards for days. I have had a history of self-abuse and was often suicidal, and for me alcohol was the perfect solution. I would drink up to three or four times a week until I couldn't remember my own name, or where I lived. I went to parties with people I didn't even know, and lived in my car. During this time, I was arrested twice for public intoxication and given hundreds of dollars in fines.

But this did not deter me. My drinking only escalated. I went about it with no emotion, and it was as though I didn't care who I hurt along the way so long as I was oblivious to my own hurt. I ended up losing my virginity while passed out drunk. :frown:

It hurts to remember that. But at the time, I didn't care, although I was aware in some dim sense that I was destroying my life. Eventually, I moved in with my boyfriend (now husband), Kevin. We had known one another for close to a decade through middle school and high school, and there had always been an attraction between us. But even though I had the love of this wonderful man, I could not stop my drinking.

It started to get worse. I became 'friends' with another man (we'll call him Steve) who lived in the same city. He was a very hard-core drinker, and so we would spend many nights during the week just getting blasted. My boyfriend would try and stop me, and try to take care of me, but it only made me turn on him in the most savage of ways. The alcohol made me into a monster, a completely different person. More then a few times while intoxicated, I would hurt Kevin, punching him and slapping him. He would never strike back, only kept silent until I passed out, but sometimes I think he cried. These memories are not easy to bear.

One day when I was home alone, I drank a bottle of whiskey by myself, slit my wrists and downed a bottle of pills. I don't know what I was thinking at the time. Chances are, I was not thinking, otherwise I don't think I would have done that. A neighbor heard me screaming and called 911 and I got sent to the hospital to have my stomach pumped and my arms stitched. They put me in restrants and drugged me, because I was so violent. I had a psychiatric evaluation and would have been touted to the mental ward, but they could not admit me because I was drunk at the time I tried to commit suicide.

Kevin tried his best to take care of me when we went home. I felt ashamed and traumatized about the entire thing, and worried because I had a gigantic hospital bill now to pay. I maybe waited a week without drinking before I started again. Steve would often come over and we would split the liquor between us. Kevin would try to stop me, but when I turned violent on him, he couldn't do much. The terrible cycle just continued.

One night, Kevin had gone to bed and it was just myself and Steve up late drinking in the living room. We were both blasted, and I was on the verge of passing out. I didn't even have enough strength to sit up, I just lay motionless on the floor. The next thing I know, I feel his fingers inside of me. It took me awhile to move because I was so sick and drunk, but I realized that my pants were off. A horror struck me when I realized that his pants were off too. I screamed and Kevin came running out of the bedroom. Long story short, they had a fight and Steve got kicked out. To this day it makes me shudder that he would have done...*that* to me. It would have happened to me again if I had not have screamed.

I can't describe how I felt after that. But nothing could deter me from drinking. I was at a party the next week drunk off my butt, and someone handed me a small round little pill. They called it Ecstacy. I didn't take it, but I put it in my purse and forgot about it.

Fast forward six months of more of the same. Kevin was at his wits end, and I was too badly depressed to care. He had forbid any alcohol in our apartment, and most times I resented him for it. I hated not drinking.

So one night, I got out the little pill I had gotten a long time ago. I took it with recklessness, since I didn't care what it would do to me. Kevin was upset that I had even taken it at all. For a half an hour, nothing happened.

But then something did. I began feeling different. It was as though a veil were lifted from my eyes and I could see my entire life in perspective. The memories of the past year were flooding me, and I began to cry. But at the same time, I had a smile on my face, it felt so good to cry. It was as though someone was forcing me to look, seriously *look* at my life. I saw then, and understanding began to permeate me. This was no drunken haze; this was an intense physical and emotional awareness of my existence. I realized then how much I had hurt my lovely Kevin the past few months. How I had hurt my parents, how I was heedlessly setting myself adrift to destruction. How I was ruining the great gift of life, the opportunity that I've been given on this earth. I *knew* these things at that moment. Clear thoughts were flooding me.

Kevin held me tight to him as I began to speak. I told him how I was feeling, the revelations that were overwelming me. How I was just now noticing how my behavior was affecting those around me for the worst. It was a night of tears and laughter for the both of us. I made a committment on that night to stop my senseless drinking. To stop hurting Kevin and taking him for granted. How lucky I was, I thought, how fortunate I was to have such a wonderful, special man at my side. It was one of the most eye-opening experiences I've ever had.

And I made good on my promises to Kevin and myself. I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since that night, more then two years ago. Kevin and I were married soon after, and I haven't been happier, being with him. I love him so much. It is like my life is back on track, and fulfilled. I also haven't taken any MDMA again. That experience was so important, so special. It marked a change in my lifestyle that probably saved my life.

I still have thousands of dollars in fee's for public intoxication and the hospital visit. I have more scars. I still lost my virginity in the most horrible of ways, and I still have to deal with the hard memories of all the foul things I've done while drunk. In fact, often times while writing this, I've felt that I should just 'give up', because it was too hard to try and remember. But remembering does me some good, I think.

Taking the MDMA pill without even bothering to research it, or identify it was foolish of me, despite the good the experience had in my life. It was VERY irresponsible and idiotic of me. You should always know your substance and your source if you make the decision to partake. I know this now. I wish I had known it then.

Moderate and informed drug use has had other positive changes in my life as well. About ten months ago, I made the decision to try psilocybe mushrooms. I researched them for months beforehand, educating my husband as well. Finally, we decided to try them together and we both have never regretted it. We both do mushrooms every few months or so now.

First, I would like to say that I don't recommend anyone do drugs. That means ALL drugs, not just the illegal ones. Saying that, I have had many people speak to me of the evils of cannabis or psychedelics...while they are chugging down multiple beers.

My drug use with mushrooms has enhanced my life positively in so many ways. I notice beauty in places that I never have before. There is beauty in everything, in some way. Every place in the world is artistic to my eyes. This planet is such a precious place. My experiences have allowed me to see that there is a light at the end of every dark tunnel. There is hope and there can be inner-peace if I choose it. That sounds cheesy, but its so true and its something I hold close to my heart. Life is so precious. Using these substances have allowed me to become more comfortable in my own skin, loving who I am for the first time in probably my entire life.

In addition and perhaps most important, using psychedelics have forced me to evaluate and question my own beliefs. After hating Christianity since I left the house of my parents, I'm beginning to feel as though I can maybe return to it. I feel as though I am re-finding my feet with Jesus, and maybe soon, I'll be able to do the same with God. Some people here at (name deleted).com have probably realized from my previous posts that I have been struggling internally with what I believe. I owe it to my psychedelic experiences for making the struggle possible, when before I would turn away from it altogether. There was such a wall in the beginning, a harsh unyeilding and hateful wall where my heart was. Through using these sacred plants, the wall has been torn down and I am able to possibly heal spiritually again. Maybe I will be able to find God again.

I realize that any drug use is something that is controversial in this forum, but I wanted to relate a positive experience. Drug use is different from drug abuse in many cases and I wanted to share my own story with both ends of the spectrum.

However, it is very true and very sad that so many teens and youth struggle with drugs or alcohol. Drug abuse is heartbreaking and tragic for everyone involved. As I said, I would not recommend drugs to anyone. I would urge most people to stay away from them, particuarly young adults. I know how it feels to struggle with a substance and feel like thats all you have. Good luck with your book.

Sorry this was long, and I hope it was okay to post all of this.

I got a variety of responses from everyone but the main poster, who was apparently ignoring me.  They varied, but all made one thing clear:  I was in dire need of deliverance from my drug use.  In addition, I recieved several PM's informing me of what a criminal I was and how I should be punished for encouraging drug use on a Christian board. 

Finally, Read responded with this:

I have avoided responding to this post because it saddens and angers me so much. You have made statements here that really concern me. You said you gave up Alcohol and replaced it with mushrooms. Do you see that you have turned to another substance to get you through life? Why is it that you can not experience life without help from a drug? Does dope make your life better and do you feel proud that you cannot get through life without a "little help"? What is about your life that you cannot face without the aid of drugs? This is the part that saddens me.

Now, here is the part that angers me to no end. You said you researched the benefits of using mushrooms and you talked to your husband about it. You turned him on to drug use. Where is the love of your husband in that? When we love someone, we protect them and we nurture them. Not get them screwed up on drugs.

Why don't you try facing life and it's problems using your mind and determination and prove to yourself that you have what it takes to do it on your own without aid from a drug.

Let me ask you this. In your research, did you discover that mushrooms have the same effect as LSD? I was called to the Mental Health Center once because they had a college student there that was tearing the place up. I went in and with the help of three other officers, we grabbed him and got him to the floor. He was fighting us like a wild animal. His arms and legs were held down and he started trying to bite the floor. He then turned on me and tried to bite me. I had to literally hold his head down to stop him from biting. We had to put him in a straight jacket, he was so bad. I took him to a mental hospital that had a detox unit. On the ride there, he calmed down some and started talking. He was a song writer and wanted to make it big in the Rock Music field. He told me how he and his friends would sneak out to a particular pasture to get the "Shroons". This was his first bad experience with them. On the two hour ride with him, he would be laughing one minute and crying the next.

He was kicked out of school because in his drugged state, he grabbed a girl and tried to hang her in his room. He was arrested and brought to the Mental Health Center so that he could be detoxed enough to allow him in jail. His life was torn apart by this drug. A good looking kid with a future ahead of him ruined by doing dope and looking at prison because of what he did while high.

You have chosen to ride the lightening, my friend. How long before you get the shock of your life?

I was doing okay, until I read her presumption about my husband and I.  Then I lost it.  Rather then respond with a public post, I proceeded to write a rather irate private message:

Hello,

After reading your recent reply to my post, I have a few things I would like to say to you. 

"You said you researched the benefits of using mushrooms and you talked to your husband about it. You turned him on to drug use. Where is the love of your husband in that? When we love someone, we protect them and we nurture them. Not get them screwed up on drugs." 

How dare you.  What right do YOU have to say that to me?  I love my husband more then life itself.  I would never harm him.  I never "turned him in with my drug use".  I gave him the info, he read it and if he had said "no", I would have respected him and we never would have proceded with mushrooms.  We shared an experience together that we will never forget.  You don't know me and you don't know us, or the special relationship we share together.  You can sit on your high and holy pedestle and point fingers and make claims, but in the end you have no innate authority to say what is best for anyone besides yourself. 

And did you selectively choose to gloss over when I said I cherish sobriety now more then ever, in my other posts?  I've been drug free for many months now.  My experiences have allowed me to see the how precious life is...how fragile and yet how strong.  My perspectives have changed for the better.  Don't worry...I won't bore you with the details now that I know better.  I shouldn't have shared at all but I can't let your ridiculous assumptions continue unchecked. 

You presume much.  I haven't "replaced" alcohol with mushrooms.  I don't abuse them.  I don't use them when I'm upset, I don't use them habitually, or on a moments thought and  I don't 'crave' the experience.  I used to use them every two months after a weeks preparation of prayer and fasting.  Does that concern you too?  That I would DARE to pray to the Lord Jesus proceeding a mushroom trip?  Asking his love and grace to enter my heart?  Thanking him for the opportunity for such an experience and asking for his strength in my life?  I don't claim to be a Christian, but I find comfort in praying to Jesus throughout my days. 

As for this:

"Does dope make your life better and do you feel proud that you cannot get through life without a "little help"?"

I had cutting for that.  Slicing up my skin relentlessly night after night.  My whole body is riddled with scars.  That was my addiction.  I admit it.  I had nobody to go to for help.  No doctors, no expensive therapy.  No medication.  Only my husband.  He supported me through it all.  It wasn't easy for him.  Seeing row after row of wounds and spending hours and countless debt whenever I had to go to the ER.  He stayed with me through all the hell.  Thats love.  Tell me Read, do you believe your husband would do the same?  Somehow I wonder. 

You are a fool if you believe that I did not "catch on" to the fact that both psilocybin and LSD are similar hallucinagens in my research before taking the substance.  Please.  How naive do you think I am?  I hold more knowledge about mushrooms and psychedelics in my little finger then you do in your entire ignorant skull.  Do you wonder why?  Its because I bothered to read more about them then what my insipid D.A.R.E officer would deign to tell me.  I looked past the propaganda and took responsibility for educating myself. 

Also, I think its really cute that you supplement your arguement against psychedelics with horror stories of people who flipped while using them.  Yes, it happens.  But I wonder how many of those poor souls did not have access to proper dosing information and took more then they could handle?  I wonder how many were so ignorant (not unlike you) of their substance thanks to the sweep-it-under-the-carpet approach of the government, that they did not bother reading up on the effects, safety information, and RISKS on what they were taking?  Hmm...I wonder. 

It's in your nature to want to force everyone in existence to conform to your ideals.  Maybe it's human nature.  Darn...its so annoying when a pesky individual comes along and challenges your thoughts and your reality, isn't it?  It makes you sooo uncomfortable.  Because thats what psychedelics do.  They open your mind to a new sort of awareness that you would have never thought possible.  They present new channels, new paths through life itself.  Sometimes that journey can be scary.  Sometimes it can be insanity if you are not prepared.  Sometimes, it can be utterly rewarding and life-changing.  And for those of us who want to dare the voyage, it is our RIGHT to do so. 

There is more risk driving around town or dying from cardiac arrest then using certain substances.  What about your drugs, Read?  How's your heart doing?  Do you 'use' a certain fast-food restaurant as your drug?  Could you have an addiction to grease, like most overweight, lazy and stupid Americans?  Do you feel a shadow of guilt when you feed your husband fattening foods at the dinner table?  Are you getting him "turned onto" heart disease?  I can't say for sure, but I'm fairy certain that my drugs of choice won't kill me, but you better worry about your own health practices.  Statistically, I have a better chance surviving then...oh, I don't know.  You. 

I am going to regret sending this PM to you, but I'm going to send it anyway.  You hurt me with your blind accusations that my drug use is irresponsible despite what I've told you, and that the revelations I've had while indulging are somehow invalid.  I've lived my entire life with having my thoughts and emotions invalidated by people like you.  I used to do nothing.  I used to think I didn't deserve to be a human, and when my parents were brushing me aside as a child and always discounting me, I didn't say a word.  Only hurt on the inside.  But no more.  I can't just keep getting bowled over and crushed by people like you.  You should meet my parents.  I'm sure you would get along great. 

In fact, I would not have felt driven to write to you at all if you had not thrown in that snide little bit about my husband.  Maybe its just the tiger in me, but my love for him is not to be questioned by mere strangers wearing a Christian's guise.  And he would do the same for me.  Our love is unquenchable and unfathomable.  And utterly unconditional.  I've become a better person, and I strive to be all that I can possibly be, for him. 

As for your 'brand' of Christianity, I want nothing more of it.  It was only a few months ago I was perusing the threads, finding a glimmer of interest where before there was just black hatred.  Now, after everything you've said to me, I only feel indifferent to your 'brand' of Christianity since I realize that too many Christians are all the same.  Hurtful, vindictive, closed-minded, invalidating saints.  Jesus was right in one respect.  You truly are sheep.  I have too many scars from my spiritual confusion to continue at this site when its members only deepen my prejudice and scorn for their Faith. 

But hey, we're all allowed to have a little prejudice right?  You're biased against drugs; seeing only the bad and blocking out with that lumpy little head of yours, the good that they can do in someone's life.  I hope YOU can live with yourself knowing that you're just a sheep in a cops clothing and thats all you will ever be. 

Despite the angry tone of this PM, I possess no malice towards you Read.  Only pity. 

In conclusion, I know you are a moderator so please delete my account on this board.  I in no way want to be involved with you people any longer.  After I send this message, I will no longer visit this place.  As far as I'm concerned, it is you Christian's who are the "Liar's". 

Untruly yours,

*me*

I don't feel proud about that private message.  It was negative and mean.  But this entire night has been one big mess with Christians PMing me at that site and telling me I am going to hell because of my drug use...telling me I need rehab, etc.  When they have NO IDEA of how happy I am with my life right now, and truthfully, I owe it to my psychedelic experiences. 

I couldn't take it anymore.  The misinformation they were spreading, the contempt, the righteous indignance...everything.  Is it wrong that I feel fiercely satisfied that I finally stood up for myself in the ugly face of ignorance and invalidation?  (despite the fact that I did it in a negative way?)

*me*

Edited by EllemyshShade (03/17/04 05:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: An interesting read: (Christians, drugs, and disaster) [Re: MOTH]
    #2442184 - 03/17/04 06:11 AM (20 years, 6 days ago)

Oh, and I meant to say that I know not all Christians are like that.  I have 'met' some very lovely and inspirational Christians on this very site.  I was just upset when I wrote that thing and my emotions got the better of me.  Its just that 'most' of the Christians I've met in real life, are like that.  :frown:

Invisibleshriek

#2442533 - 03/17/04 08:27 AM (20 years, 6 days ago)

intrestin reading there :smile:

there is no shame in standing up for yourself, i dont think sending that pm was mean at all.

you know, ive been thinkin alot about same type of people and have concludet that for some ignorance is bliss. many people dedicates their whole life to certain beliefes and sometimes lies and sometimes when you tell them another thing that shakes everything they belive in they cant handle the truth\other views and gets depressed and such over it. its easier to some to live a safe and ignorant life (and im not sayin that cant be a good life too) than a complex open mindet one- to put it even more simpler; its easier to be negative than positive. if you are positive you are required to give and recive more, a negative person can shut everything outside just like its easier to hate someone than to love someone. but what negative people are forgetting is beein positive and open mindet might require more from you of course but it gives so much back to you.  (karma thing)

smile to the world and the world will smile back

InvisibleStix Russell
AmorphousExperimentalist

#2442798 - 03/17/04 10:05 AM (20 years, 6 days ago)

Excellent and well written post and pm, EllemyshShade. Remember:

WARNING: The Post-Larval Must Be Very Cautious in Communicating with Larval humans.

And some other such as: One cannot use the language of the butterfly to communicate with caterpillars.

I cannot think of a statement which could apply more closely than that, so I won't try. Leary and gang surely phrase it well, no?

--------------------
Where is the lightning to lick you with its tongue? Where is the madness with which you should be cleansed? Behold, I show you the Superman. He is this lightning, he is this madness.

Nietzsche (in Zarathustra)

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2443213 - 03/17/04 12:14 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

Wow! You go girl! Reading that flipped my wig! I dont think it was wrong of you to stand up for yourself at all, you put those things very well and may even make this person think a little bit. My friend has just become christian belonging to some organization and he hates everything about drugs no matter what I tell him where as before he was sorta ok about it but kinda scared at the thought of drugs. All I can say is that most christians I know seem closed minded and really confused and their only satisfaction comes from saying theire cliche's that they have so skillfully managed to rehearse. I have a very deep connection with spirituality through my life and well... I'm pretty sure Jesus would rather people take the path towards purity which you have chosen than the path that many blinded christians have chosen, IMHO. Oh, and you seem like you got one of hell of a guy... you're really lucky. You're whole story seems like gods way of putting you on the right path, with getting the ecstacy and taking it after 6 months at a time when you were with you're husband... like it was meant to happen there, then and in that way. I dunno, I'm flipping through my thoughts here...
Anyway, way to go, you really told that guy...!

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

OfflinePidil
Wannabe Wallabee

Re: An interesting read: (Christians, drugs, and disaster) [Re: filthysock]
    #2443528 - 03/17/04 01:33 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

I absolutely agree, great posts. I too find myself struggling with the Christian doctrine present in my family/culture. Too many people confuse those drugs prohibited by the government with some sort of fascist doctrine. I seem to find that those willing to challenge their beliefs and take them to the mat are those who are most at peace and truly sure of what they stand for. Those who are frightened simply condemn. Anyways keep looking for the truth, Jesus is love and you certainly are in deeper connection with this than that self rightous ass.

Offlinetemperance
ma[ybe]gician

Loc: southern ca
    #2443770 - 03/17/04 02:28 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

*applause*

You are quite brave to post that in a Christian forum, and I admire you for it. Brilliantly worded, I feel.

And thanks so much for sharing your recovery story. I too owe my life to psychedelic experience and completely empathize.

--------------------
It may be best to not take anything I say too seriously because I surely don't. Anything I say may be subject to revision at any time by any person, place, thing, or catastrophic event. And please don't call me Shirley.

Offlinetemperance
ma[ybe]gician

Loc: southern ca
Re: An interesting read: (Christians, drugs, and disaster) [Re: Stix Russell]
    #2443788 - 03/17/04 02:35 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Stix Russell said:
WARNING: The Post-Larval Must Be Very Cautious in Communicating with Larval humans.

And some other such as: One cannot use the language of the butterfly to communicate with caterpillars.

I LOVE that!! :heart:

--------------------
It may be best to not take anything I say too seriously because I surely don't. Anything I say may be subject to revision at any time by any person, place, thing, or catastrophic event. And please don't call me Shirley.

OfflineAtomisk
all forms areself awareness

Loc: jungle of love
    #2444634 - 03/17/04 07:29 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

wow. i love you.

"dont cast your pearl to swine" <--from the Bible

your words are inspiring, really.

cheers to you

--------------------
o house-builder! thou art seen. thou shalt build no house again. all thy rafters are broken. thy ridge-pole is shattered.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2444647 - 03/17/04 07:34 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

Blargh... unfortunately, I've met WAY too many christians like that in my time, and myself being forcebly raised as one, left an even more bitter taste in my mouth. How most of them teach tolerance and love and acceptance and then just go around judging others and casting "the first stone", just stupifies me. Hypocrisy and contradiction seem to be common themes.

But good for you for standing up for yourself and being righteous!  :thumbup:
No one should put up with that kind of ignorant crap

--------------------

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2444792 - 03/17/04 08:12 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

Good job and very well said. A good read too. I'm happy for you and your husband and the fact that you've overcome so much and are still going. Life can be really tough at times. I'm glad you're still around to enjoy it, and that you are enjoying it as much as you do! You're my hero of the day!

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: An interesting read: (Christians, drugs, and disaster) [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #2444922 - 03/17/04 08:55 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

Some people are just clouded so bad by ignorance that they sometimes miss the big picture. I commend you for challenging the status quo.

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2444982 - 03/17/04 09:09 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

This rules. Good for you.

As one who also holds onto the Christian worldview in some ways, I hope you continue in your faith in your own way.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2446467 - 03/18/04 08:22 AM (20 years, 5 days ago)

hmmm...
wouldn't it be interesting to compare statistics for "crash & burn" behavior involving various "drugs": alcohol, psychedelics, scrips, opiates, amphetamines, pot, OTCs, deleriants, dissociatives, etc...
~
as for psycedelics & religious impulses - hey, poke around at www.csp.org for starters...
~
shalom

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineSalviaD
Rasta
Loc: Portsmouth, VA
    #2446796 - 03/18/04 10:57 AM (20 years, 5 days ago)

wow good read. I've met several christians like that, but atleast you met them on the internet and can just avoid them. Try living with one. I have to hear my mom tell me things like that everyday. But bout 3 more months till i graduate and i'm gone for ever!!!! People fear what they don't understand. And most of these people that would say all these negative things about drugs never even attempt to understand the drugs in the first place, they are just to eager to look down upon the drug and all those who use them. Well way to stand up for yourself, and I would just like to congratulate you on turning your life around! peace......

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: An interesting read: (Christians, drugs, and disaster) [Re: gnrm23]
    #2447257 - 03/18/04 01:15 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

Awesome link, gnrm! Thanks!

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: An interesting read: (Christians, drugs, and disaster) [Re: valour]
    #2450747 - 03/19/04 06:30 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Thanks for all the support everyone.  :heart:  I'm lucky to have a place where I can come to and talk about all this.

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
    #2451364 - 03/19/04 11:30 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Its christians like him that give Christianity a bad name. As a christian it saddens me to see people like him who purport to have true christian ideals, yet they are all to quick to condemn and judge others, when a key them to christianity is judge not. Furthermore, he should herald the fact that you were making a return to christianity, but instead decided to castigate you for your responsible drug use. I cant believe that he would do that, that if anything would turn one off to christianity having overly zealous christians berating you. Drugs can be very healing, marijuana has drastically improved the quality of my life. I used to be depressed and would not do well in school due to the stress. I started smoking marijuana about once a week, and I my GPA is about a 3.8 now, and my depression is completely gone. Best of luck to you, and dont let irresponsible christians convince you that your responsible drug use is wrong.

--------------------

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2453875 - 03/20/04 09:48 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

Whats the addy? (dont link directly from the shroomery)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: An interesting read: (Christians, drugs, and disaster) [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #2459261 - 03/22/04 12:28 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

The discussion took place here: (but I wouldn't try to argue publically with these people...you'll get banned pretty quickly)

http:

forums.christianity.com/gforum.cgi?
do=post_view_flat;post=911335;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

I PM'd my message to her privately.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds