Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
I think i may have been upset for nothing yesterday. I was sure green mold had attacked my fruiting cake. So i sprayed it with h202 and read to wipe it with a h202 or water q-tip. And if the qtip was colored, like the mold came off on it then there WAS mold, but if it was colorless then it was just bruising. Well my q-tip was PURE white. But the cake did ooze, or fizzle when i put the first q-tip on with h202. Now it looks more blue than green... Does it sound safe? Did I slow the growth of my cakes? thanks
-------------------- God says dance with your heart And shake free of you desire
Where theres a will theres always a way
When you get confused listen to the music play
You did the right procedure. It's ok for mycelium to fizzle when in contact with h2o2. If the q-tip is white i'd say that's just bruising but anyway, keep an eye on that cake and see if the spot grows. About slowing the growth of your cakes, maybe. The q-tip would make a little difference but the misting solution, was it mixed with water or was it pure h2o2 ?