Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
OfflineMoonmartian
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25335059 - 07/19/18 09:53 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Even with a large Myco bag in the 32Qt size tub with mature pins all over it?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Moonmartian]
    #25335062 - 07/19/18 09:56 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Moonmartian said:
Even with a large Myco bag in the 32Qt size tub with mature pins all over it?

If it looks dry, mist it.

But if you've got pins all over it I don't think humidity is going to be a problem. Youre gonna staet seeing the tub fog up as the mushrooms get bigger.

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. All the Benefits of a flowhood for 1/10th the price

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

OfflineMoonmartian
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25335116 - 07/19/18 10:43 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Fore sure! I think for new people like myself the trick is keeping up the FAE while maintaining humidity. I could see humidity not being an issue with the unmodified tub full of colonized substrate. Just was not sure how humidity would be placing a myco bag with the top cut off in the unmodified tub with it being a much smaller growth area if that makes sense vs having the whole bottom covered in substrate. I honestly didn't think for my first grow I would get this far and I tend to over think things and become extra careful. I would take over thinking everything vs not and failing to get results though.:smile: Thanks for the replies

Edited by Moonmartian (07/19/18 10:47 AM)

OfflineMoonmartian
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Moonmartian]
    #25335255 - 07/19/18 12:49 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Alright dudes! Got it done. :thumbup::grin:

OfflineGinge
Sponge Brain
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountains
    #25336631 - 07/20/18 09:15 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

July 15 and 16 I created 32 pasty plates.  This little guy showed mycelial growth in a ring, which scared me, but I let it go.  Later it was a fluffy white, stranded growth that I thought to be mycelium, shaped like a mini cheerio, I noticed the center was dark but I thought it to be a clump of spores/agar.  The next time I checked the center was darker.  And now, it looks like the picture.  Can you tell me what that is?

And this plate is already moved away from everything else, one step away from a ziploc and a walk out to the garbage.

--------------------
Ginge

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Ginge]
    #25336643 - 07/20/18 09:29 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

There's a contaminant mold on that plate. I wouldn't bother with it since you have other plates

OfflineGinge
Sponge Brain
Male User Gallery

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25336648 - 07/20/18 09:39 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I thought that to be the case, thanks for the confirmation.  Good bye treasure coast cheerio.

--------------------
Ginge

OfflinePbody74
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Ginge]
    #25339855 - 07/22/18 01:16 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

All-in-one bags from mycohaus have stalled, one at 95%and the other at 80%. Lost two to contamination. I will never use all-in-one bags again but I got them before I knew any better. I want to spawn them to bulk in monotubs. I really only want to be successful enough to get prints so I can start playing with agar. Bags at are at almost 4 weeks of growth. Color and smell seem good. Room temp at 72. Do I have a patience problem or something else?

OfflineGinge
Sponge Brain
Male User Gallery

Contam or paranoia? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25340790 - 07/22/18 04:59 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I made my first A2A transfers a few days ago.  Since I have just started on this journey I decided to do a few A2G in BRF and Wheat Berries, and see if I can get some fully colonized media into a substrate.

I think this might be contaminated. My original agar plate was dyed green. I think I see yellowing to the left of the agar in the photo.  My thought is to leave the jar for now and monitor it closely.  Thoughts?

Thank you

--------------------
Ginge

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Ginge]
    #25340795 - 07/22/18 05:01 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Yes leave it for now and you'll know in a few days

Offlineaminita-erik
apprentice
Male
Loc: mid eastern usa
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25341294 - 07/22/18 10:10 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

hello i'm new and this is all very helpfull.

--------------------
:mushroom2:let it happen:mushroom2:

OfflineArzeo
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: aminita-erik]
    #25344971 - 07/24/18 07:58 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

On your easy AF unmodified tub TEK, I noticed some of your statistics including BE. I haven't been able to find very much information regarding flushes after the first harvest. So I have three main questions.
1. Do you just cut the mushrooms off and wait until more grow, keeping the tub in fruiting conditions the whole time?
2. Do you have any statistics on what the average total yield % from each flush is? (after what flush do you recommend throwing your substrate out?)
3. After each flush how long does it take for more mushrooms to grow?

OfflineMoonmartian
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Arzeo]
    #25345334 - 07/25/18 12:14 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Hey Bod,

With your coir substrate tek after the coir sits in a insulated bucket for a day assuming I used your calculations for coir to water ratio will I have to extract any water from the coir? How moist should it be after its done? Thank you!

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Arzeo]
    #25345530 - 07/25/18 07:00 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Arzeo said:
On your easy AF unmodified tub TEK, I noticed some of your statistics including BE. I haven't been able to find very much information regarding flushes after the first harvest. So I have three main questions.
1. Do you just cut the mushrooms off and wait until more grow, keeping the tub in fruiting conditions the whole time?
2. Do you have any statistics on what the average total yield % from each flush is? (after what flush do you recommend throwing your substrate out?)
3. After each flush how long does it take for more mushrooms to grow?

I harvest and eventually more grow
Statistics no, but try to get at least 1oz dry first flush for every quart of spawn you use. Closer to 2 is ideal
After a flush the next one comes in days to a week or so

Quote:

Moonmartian said:
Hey Bod,

With your coir substrate tek after the coir sits in a insulated bucket for a day assuming I used your calculations for coir to water ratio will I have to extract any water from the coir? How moist should it be after its done? Thank you!

My water to coir ratio works for me. And might work for you might not. Coir isn't always exactly the same. So maybe you need to squeeze some water out maybe its perfect. Maybe it needs more water.
It should be at field capacity

OfflineGinge
Sponge Brain
Male User Gallery

Re: Contam or paranoia? [Re: Ginge]
    #25345901 - 07/25/18 12:12 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ginge said:
I made my first A2A transfers a few days ago.  Since I have just started on this journey I decided to do a few A2G in BRF and Wheat Berries, and see if I can get some fully colonized media into a substrate.

I think this might be contaminated. My original agar plate was dyed green. I think I see yellowing to the left of the agar in the photo.  My thought is to leave the jar for now and monitor it closely.  Thoughts?

Thank you

UPDATE*
The yellowing was not contamination, the yellowing was the mycellium eating the green dye out of the agar.  They finished eating the agar before further colonizing the area and moving on as shown.

--------------------
Ginge

OfflineGinge
Sponge Brain
Male User Gallery

Metabolites, right? [Re: Ginge]
    #25345957 - 07/25/18 12:42 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

So before posting I did some looking around, and I believe that what I was fearing was a contaminate is actually metabolites being produced by the mycellium.  Just to verify, I got out the SAB and snapped a pic of each plate.  Both are showing identical traits regarding the area of potential metabolites.

These are metabolites that look like clear drops of dew on the mycellium, right? SOrry, my SAB upside down plate photography needs some work...

--------------------
Ginge

Invisibleaudiosnipez
Sir BIgglesworth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: West
    #25348831 - 07/26/18 09:44 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Bod am in the right place to ask you a question?

I was reading your 2017 grow log and I am interested in finding out exactly how you made PDB using petris and any info you can share on grain LC.

I could not find this info on your tek list and would love to know more. I was able to find a little bit of info with a search but it did not go into how to use PDB with agar plates I just found a recipe.

Anything you can point me to would be appreciated. I followed your OATS TEK and I’m ready to go with some agar plates!

Thank you sir.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: audiosnipez]
    #25349724 - 07/27/18 06:59 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Pdb?

Grain LC? I use grain water from making oats to make LC or agar. I just use it full strength most of the time.
I would avoid GLC the grain LC tek where you ard water to a grain jar, shake then aspirate.

And yes, correct place

OfflineEolus
Stranger
    #25351569 - 07/28/18 03:26 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Hi BOD. Following your easy AF teks. Thanks for keeping it simple and clear. Have you done any work with Panaeolus?

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Eolus]
    #25351761 - 07/28/18 09:17 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Not really

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started