Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, HEPA Filter, Injection Ports

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | Next >
OfflineDj_karma_magnet
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26681279 - 05/19/20 03:33 PM (9 months, 11 days ago)

Hey bod, I'm following your polyfil lid tek, i plan on innoculating 10 jars today.

Do I punch the hole and add the polyfil after pressure cooking or before? Thank you

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineInthepit
Aum Mani Padme Hum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Puerto Rico
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Dj_karma_magnet]
    #26681388 - 05/19/20 04:34 PM (9 months, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Dj_karma_magnet said:
Hey bod, I'm following your polyfil lid tek, i plan on innoculating 10 jars today.

Do I punch the hole and add the polyfil after pressure cooking or before? Thank you

Before

--------------------
GLOSSARY        Getting Started      :chugbeer:        My LAGM21    Do you exist?

OfflineDj_karma_magnet
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Inthepit]
    #26681573 - 05/19/20 06:29 PM (9 months, 11 days ago)

Thanks,

Im having an issue getting my grains dry on the horse oat prep tek. Last time I did it I ended up putting them all in mason jars and letting them sit in the fridge overnight, they were still wet the next morning, they ended up sitting their for a few days and still were wet and got nasty so I tossed them. This time I'm more determined.

I have 2 collanders and a big bowl full of them, should be enough for 10 jars. Should I use a hair dryer?

Also, do I have to have foil over my jars like it shows in the tek? not really sure how i'd get this air tight with the polyfil

Edited by Dj_karma_magnet (05/19/20 06:57 PM)

OfflineInthepit
Aum Mani Padme Hum
Male User Gallery

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Dj_karma_magnet]
    #26682709 - 05/20/20 08:08 AM (9 months, 11 days ago)

I dry them like this...
Just let it dry for a few hours.
Try Crackatoa's easy oats

I believe foil use is out of favor these days.
And the polyfill can relieve pressure and provide gas exchange.

And that's broth NOT peeee!  LOL

--------------------
GLOSSARY        Getting Started      :chugbeer:        My LAGM21    Do you exist?

Edited by Inthepit (05/20/20 08:10 AM)

OfflinePCaddict
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26683226 - 05/20/20 01:18 PM (9 months, 10 days ago)

Hay guys I thought I would introduce myself. I am PCaddict. I am active on two Cannabis growing forums and trying to feel my way around here. I am a TOTAL NEWB I have never even tried shrooms. I have tried a lot of other drugs but never shrooms. I Love growing and consuming Cannabis and I am pretty sure I am going to Love growing and consuming Shrooms. Any help in those areas would be Greatly appreciated I have watched a few videos and read some articles but I know growing forums have MUCH more to offer then any video or article could ever compare. I started a journal even though I haven't started growing. I am kind of hopping I can get some how to guidance on what to buy from where and how to set it up in my journal. Please stop by and offer any assistance you can. Thanks :heart:

OfflineDj_karma_magnet
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Inthepit]
    #26683714 - 05/20/20 05:33 PM (9 months, 10 days ago)

Thanks, so I should PC with or with the polyfil in and no foil? sorry for double checking i just dont want an explosion.

Also, does the polyfil act as an injection port?

Edited by Dj_karma_magnet (05/20/20 07:36 PM)

InvisibleAmong.and.Within
Dr.
Male

Loc: Earth
    #26684825 - 05/21/20 05:39 AM (9 months, 10 days ago)

Hey Bod,

Congrats on your work here man... it's awesome.
Does a single cake comprise only one individual?
Should I select the fruit for print? (From the largest yield would result in larger yields... from the bigger fruits would result in bigger fruits?)
Is this selective breeding and would it be dangerous to losing something? (meaning we should select fruit for print randomly).

Thanks a lot.

Offlineagentm00se
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Among.and.Within]
    #26685538 - 05/21/20 12:49 PM (9 months, 9 days ago)

so helpful, thank yous

OfflineMrIceFishster
Space Pirate
Male

Loc: Minnesota Flag
    #26687263 - 05/22/20 06:17 AM (9 months, 9 days ago)

I recently made a liquid culture from left over spores in a syringe. The mycelium is growing beautifully. Can i use that to put on agar?  I would include pictures but it take me forever to figure out how to upload pictures on here.

OfflineInthepit
Aum Mani Padme Hum
Male User Gallery

#26687661 - 05/22/20 10:02 AM (9 months, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Dj_karma_magnet said:
Thanks, so I should PC with or with the polyfil in and no foil? sorry for double checking i just dont want an explosion.

Also, does the polyfil act as an injection port?

So, yes PC with poly installed and tighten the lids. Foil not needed.
For injection, I'm not so sure. I think not.
People install a separate injection port.
However some don't bother with them, citing it's just another contam vector.
For just starting out, keep it simple. There's loads of different teks and it's easy to get lost.

--------------------

Offlineagentm00se
Stranger
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: agentm00se]
    #26690074 - 05/23/20 11:01 AM (9 months, 8 days ago)

awesome

Offlinealpaca184
Stranger
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: agentm00se]
    #26691869 - 05/24/20 07:09 AM (9 months, 7 days ago)

Hey Bod

Long-term reader/fangirl, first time contributor. I've managed to (so far successfully) do some G2G transfer and they are looking great. Worked with self-made spore prints/syringes in a SAB.

I have been working with mouse cells in a lab in the past and when repeating transfers we observed changes in the quality of the following generations (slower growth, weird shapes). Probably in generation 6 or so.
I was wondering how often you repeat G2G transfers before you use fresh spores. Did you observe any changes over time in the fruit bodies or growth patterns you get?

cheers S.

OfflineDj_karma_magnet

#26695188 - 05/25/20 04:10 PM (9 months, 5 days ago)

I let them dry like shown above by inthepit, but I didn’t have the time to do anything and I ended up going up north for the weekend. They sat out like this for a few days. Will they be fine?

Edited by Dj_karma_magnet (05/25/20 04:15 PM)

OfflineAncient Mariner
Friend
 User Gallery

#26696926 - 05/26/20 01:13 PM (9 months, 4 days ago)

This is perfect for my beginnings; very methodical, rather than a compendium of disparate factoids that have led a noob like me stumped. Thank you!

--------------------
"Smooth the Edges,
Loosen the Tangles,
Soften the Light,
Merge with the Dust"
-The Tao, Minford Translation

Mushroom brain - Sparassis

OfflineCaptainBuckyOHare
Stranger
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Ancient Mariner]
    #26711820 - 06/01/20 05:16 PM (8 months, 29 days ago)

Long time reader, first time poster as well! Just got into this amazing hobby and I'm excited to get cracking on my first grow with unmodified monotubs.

OfflineTdub1
Stranger

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: CaptainBuckyOHare]
    #26711898 - 06/01/20 05:56 PM (8 months, 29 days ago)

I apologize in advance ... I need help.. I’m not sure where to post my question..

This is my very first attempt

My grain bag does not appear to be fully colonized on one side..

but the other side already has substantial PINS!!!

What should I do??

Should I go ahead and mix with the substrate for colonization??

OfflineTrue Heresy
Tech Heretic
Male
Loc: in saṃsāra, France Flag
    #26712126 - 06/01/20 07:39 PM (8 months, 29 days ago)

Hi Bodhisatta,

As you wrote in your profile, I post a question here instead of sending a message.

A post to ask where to put a question. As I am not very proficient yet, I would not dare to post in advanced mycology even if it might belong there.

I just started agar a couple of weeks before and have been reading a lot and a thing came to my mind : why not try and use medicinal plants with reputed antiseptic properties to make agar? Plants like thym, rosemary, arthemisia... Some are even fungicides but maybe ok for eadibles cultures or woodlovers or cubes...

I will be trying to do some research on my own but would love to have advice on methodology.

Thank you

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------------

It's a story about a Yogi, a Brahman and a Joker.

Links I like :
Agar portal - Agar Resource Center
FAHKFACE VERY OWN PICTURED STRAIN LIBRARY
[STICKY] Getting Started, Up To Date TEKs, Trusted Cultivator links
great to try out plenty of new things : "Updated Bottle Tek New and improved"

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: True Heresy]
    #26712173 - 06/01/20 07:59 PM (8 months, 29 days ago)

You use agar to see contamination and avoid it or move away from it. Those chemicals support the growth of some microorganisms and suppress others.

OfflineTrue Heresy
Tech Heretic
Male
Loc: in saṃsāra, France Flag
    #26713875 - 06/02/20 12:50 PM (8 months, 28 days ago)

thank you for the answer,

yes of course I do understand your point of view and this is the correct one.

in my case I do not want to cut corners in sterile process, but before I can build a laminar flow, I pour my agars in a small room, spraying alcohol solution around to bring down any dust.
Which works no so bad as it sounds, but I do have some spots of bacteria, just droplets most of the time around the borders of my 100mm plates, sometimes closer to the middle.

so I thought about a solution (without using any industry chemicals and antibiotics) to slow down this opportunistic bacteria to leave more time for spores to germinate or transferred myc to take hold.
also I would like to try to clone grocery mushrooms, which previously brought me nothing but bacteria.

but in the end, the prefect process is like you describe it in your posts of course and this is the ultimate goal.

greetings

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------------

It's a story about a Yogi, a Brahman and a Joker.

Links I like :
Agar portal - Agar Resource Center
FAHKFACE VERY OWN PICTURED STRAIN LIBRARY
[STICKY] Getting Started, Up To Date TEKs, Trusted Cultivator links
great to try out plenty of new things : "Updated Bottle Tek New and improved"

OfflineGan
Wielder of Narya
Male

Loc: Valinor
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: True Heresy]
    #26716879 - 06/03/20 02:46 PM (8 months, 27 days ago)

Anyone have any idea if this HEPA would work for a flowhood? it seems cheaper than others. I assume that's for a reason and it's not useful for my purposes.

https://damnfilters.com/products/hepa-filter-24-x-24-x-6-700-cfm-99-99-particle-board

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, HEPA Filter, Injection Ports

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started