Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | Next >
Offlineasuranights
Belt
I'm a teapot

Re: flowchart all in one [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26577027 - 04/04/20 12:42 PM (10 months, 24 days ago)

Thank you grandmasta

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsilidude
Stranger
Re: flowchart all in one [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26579379 - 04/05/20 02:15 PM (10 months, 23 days ago)

I used your tek to get my spore syringe to agar, now I’m working on isolating to get clean and fast growing mycelium on agar. Once that’s achieved I’ll have to learn how to do slants or just store dishes

Offlinexnirvanax
Frank's biological son

Re: flowchart all in one [Re: Psilidude]
    #26580084 - 04/05/20 07:51 PM (10 months, 23 days ago)

Do you still believe in this statement:

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
It will set mycelium back giving contamination opportunity to grow. Peroxide is useless. If you have cobweb mold in the first place your growing conditions are abysmal and need fixing. Peroxide is absolutely useless for first aid as well. It doesn't belong in the home. It penetrates teeth and can harm the cells inside. Etc... It's not worth owning a bottle

--------------------
:dancer:ANYBODY CAN DO AGAR:rockon:
BOD's Bucket Tek
BOD's Unmodified Tub Tek
BOD's Agar Tek
Simple Agar Tips

FrankHorrigan made me

Offlinemadcab
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: xnirvanax]
    #26580119 - 04/05/20 08:06 PM (10 months, 23 days ago)

Good evening, I have read through your Unmodified Monotub TEK a few times to try and answer my own question. When I look at the pictures at Havesting and Results, is the mycelium floating on water? Or what rather is holding them near the top like that? Thank you.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: madcab]
    #26580245 - 04/05/20 09:03 PM (10 months, 23 days ago)

Quote:

xnirvanax said:
Do you still believe in this statement:

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
It will set mycelium back giving contamination opportunity to grow. Peroxide is useless. If you have cobweb mold in the first place your growing conditions are abysmal and need fixing. Peroxide is absolutely useless for first aid as well. It doesn't belong in the home. It penetrates teeth and can harm the cells inside. Etc... It's not worth owning a bottle

Absolutely
Quote:

madcab said:
Good evening, I have read through your Unmodified Monotub TEK a few times to try and answer my own question. When I look at the pictures at Havesting and Results, is the mycelium floating on water? Or what rather is holding them near the top like that? Thank you.

See the harvesting tek

OfflineSeabaths
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26580267 - 04/05/20 09:12 PM (10 months, 23 days ago)

This helped a lot thank you!

Offlinemadcab
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Seabaths]
    #26580287 - 04/05/20 09:20 PM (10 months, 23 days ago)

Thank you much.

OfflineMagicBiscuit
Stranger

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: madcab]
    #26590773 - 04/10/20 12:42 PM (10 months, 18 days ago)

Bod, I've had oats draining for two days waiting on jars to finish colonizing before being spawned. Apparently I misjudged how long it was going to take for the jars to finish. The question is, how long can I let my oats sit out before pressure cooking them? And will pressure cooking kill ALL the contams? They're starting to smell kind of like yeast. Should I just make fresh oats?
MB

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: MagicBiscuit]
    #26590804 - 04/10/20 12:59 PM (10 months, 18 days ago)

I would do new. You can try it they should be fine. The pc will kill

OfflineChicoCobraSnakePit
JOKER

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26596026 - 04/12/20 05:40 PM (10 months, 16 days ago)

Great read, thank you.

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Growing Psilocybe Cubensis
where to get started if you're just starting

This is meant to serve as a way to get anyone accustomed to using the Shroomery as a research and diagnostic tool. If you are able to use the Shroomery in a effective way you will benefit both the community and yourself. In addition this thread will serve as a useful resource to get any person getting started with cultivation by providing the most up to date, user friendly, crowed sourced, time tested, and repeatedly proven TEKs possible.

First things First, read the forum rules so you don't end up looking funny
they're located at the top of every forum. You should also read the sticky posts

The first thing a user in this forum should know is how to post a picture and how to  resize a picture .

Please post all wild ID ?'s in the Mushroom Hunting forum.

Quote:

No flaming will be tolerated in cultivation forums. We consider name calling a flame and will take appropriate action to resolve any users who practice flaming. The reason we will not tolerate flaming is that there is no need for it and it is destructive to learning. Please post with respect.

Getting Started

Your best tool: The Search Engine

You can find anything to confirm your bias here so practice good researching skills.

Follow TEKs(Technical Educational Knowledge) to the T. This way the community can help diagnose any problems.
If you already know what to do why did you come here?
Follow the directions perfectly. Make your own changes when you're the experienced one. Failure to do so likely will lead to you having to re-experience history by replicating the trial and error failures of the past. Everything you thought of has most likely already been done.
The included methods are the ones that have stood out as working well time and time again.

You will need spores

list of shroomery sponsors
these vendors sell spore syringes for microscopy.
Quote:

3.  Spores are sold for microscopy use only so mycologists can ID mushrooms. If you're going to misuse them to grow a controlled substance, keep it to yourself.  Any post which mentions 'such and such' vendor, will be deleted and you'll receive an official warning.  Do not plug non sponsors.

When you grow from spores any two spores that successfully mate create a strain

A strain is not the same as a variety

When you grow from spores you have 100s if not 1000s of strains working together as a single organism.
You may choose any variety of psilocybe cubensis. Some strains will be weak some strong. When you grow from spores you get a mixed bag. If you have a B+ or GT syringe you could do 10 different grows and each would have different results.

If you want to get uniform results with consistent potency you need to keep good strains around by cloning or isolating and using agar. Spores will give you basically random results regardless of the variety you choose.
Strains Varieties and Species

Don't worry too much about which variety of psilocybe cubensis to pick. Chose one with a name you like and go with it. You'll be able to trade spores later. Mushrooms make their own spores so you never really need to buy more. Making a spore print is easier than it seems. Most noobs avoid making spore prints for whatever reason, you will need to learn this skill. The best way to learn is to start somewhere and make mistakes. Don't put all your eggs in one basket so that a mistake becomes horribly detrimental.

Now to choose your methods and directions. These methods are commonly known as TEKs

In order to grow psilocybe cubensis mushrooms indoors you will need to sterilize a substrate

A substrate is where the mushrooms will grow from.
Whether or not you have a pressure cooker determines what methods are available to you to start growing mushrooms.

Do you have a Pressure Cooker/Sterilizer?
Yes / No

Are you thinking about buying a grow kit?
Read this first

Other Important Information

This post has some links for how to use the shroomery, Posting pictures, making threads. etc...

How to turn the search engine into a powerful cultivation tool. Getting results that don't suck ass from the search

My TEK list

Tips for Good posts and to get the best help

The OMC (Online Mushroom Community) Glossary and Lexicon

InvisibleMediumChungus
Lad
Male

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26596798 - 04/13/20 12:01 AM (10 months, 16 days ago)

Just to verify, if I wanted to spawn PF Tek BRF cakes to bulk, would it be as simple as 1:1 with coir mixed and thrown in the monotub once the half pints are colonized?
Thanks a ton, your teks are great.

OfflineCount of Sabugosa
Nerdy floater
Male User Gallery

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: MediumChungus]
    #26597246 - 04/13/20 07:06 AM (10 months, 16 days ago)

--------------------
In Hebrew, the words "wine" and "secret" hold the same numerologic value. When wine comes in, secrets spill out. Do you think the person who said that knew mushrooms? When mushrooms come in... Is there anything beyond a secret?

OfflineMagicBiscuit
Stranger

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Count of Sabugosa]
    #26598259 - 04/13/20 05:00 PM (10 months, 15 days ago)

This a bacterial contam or metabolites? Never seen it before. Looks like a picture on Tmethyl's "what it should and shouldnt look like" but nowhere near as bad; theres none of that bacterial mush you see in his. 10 g2g receiving jars were derived from 2 spawns. 8 of the 10 have them. Its tiny tiny little black specs with the orangeish coloring. Theres a little rust on the lids but I dont think thats it. They are 99.99% colonized minus the specs. They were gonna be spawned tomorrow but just noticed this. Should a shake and sniff test before spawning ti bulk be the determining factor? (These arent from the old oats inquired about the other day)

Edited by MagicBiscuit (04/13/20 05:03 PM)

OfflineCount of Sabugosa
Nerdy floater
Male User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: MagicBiscuit]
    #26598266 - 04/13/20 05:03 PM (10 months, 15 days ago)

It looks bacterial to me but I wouldn't know and this is not a Q & A thread. Please use the link above your post and ask it there. A couple of veterans seemed to have come back to answer questions in Feb and the more people use that thread, the more chances we'll all get our answers.

--------------------
In Hebrew, the words "wine" and "secret" hold the same numerologic value. When wine comes in, secrets spill out. Do you think the person who said that knew mushrooms? When mushrooms come in... Is there anything beyond a secret?

OfflineMagicBiscuit
Stranger

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Count of Sabugosa]
    #26598269 - 04/13/20 05:05 PM (10 months, 15 days ago)

Count,

From my understanding, this is the link Bodhisatta provides in his signature to ask him questions personally.

MB

OfflineCount of Sabugosa
Nerdy floater
Male User Gallery

#26598275 - 04/13/20 05:09 PM (10 months, 15 days ago)

Yes, I see his last reply on April 10. My bad. I used to use TaGyo's TNF Q&A, and now AMU Q&A. I've only ever truly read this thread for links. Apologies.

--------------------

Edited by Count of Sabugosa (04/13/20 09:17 PM)

OfflineMagicBiscuit
Stranger

#26598283 - 04/13/20 05:13 PM (10 months, 15 days ago)

No stress my guy! Preciate you being a part of the community and trying to help out. Your intentions were good :smile:. Ill have to check out those threads too, at times since it seems to have a wide group of respondants to draw perspective from.

MB

Offlinehogstomper
Strangler

#26600321 - 04/14/20 02:16 PM (10 months, 14 days ago)

Hello Bod,

I am using many of your teks from print to fruit.  One question I have is related to a tip I received on here--that perhaps doing multiple small tubs may work better for me instead of a single 54 qt.  I'm semi-new, so I'm kinda into this idea and hedging my bet.  Are smaller sized monotubs as good as your suggested size? Thanks for all the sage guidance.

--------------------
no justice no peace

OfflineHeadly
Stranger

#26602844 - 04/15/20 02:17 PM (10 months, 13 days ago)

The links contained in the sentence "The first thing a user in this forum should know is how to post a picture and how to  resize a picture." are dead ends, FYI

Man I love this site

OfflinePsilidude
Stranger
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Headly]
    #26603166 - 04/15/20 04:31 PM (10 months, 13 days ago)

Bod,

I’ve read most of your TEKs multiple times. I’ve been working with agar doing transfers. I believe I’ve got some decent isolates. I read where i can store them in the fridge, but when it’s time to pull them out and put these isolates to oats, and or transfer a piece to a new agar dish, what steps should I take after removing from the fridge? Do I need to just let them sit out and come up to room temp or what?

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started