Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | Next > | Last >
OfflineDickBiggenstein
Mycelium Junkie

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Tylercgregory] * 1
    #26485855 - 02/14/20 05:58 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Bodhisatta! No questions from me - I just wanted to thank you for all of the teks and information that you’ve shared. I’ve been lurking on Shroomery for years and didn’t really need any other information other than your threads. You covered it all, your instructions were clear, and anyone who isn’t to lazy to read or a complete idiot can definitely be successful by following your methods.

Many thanks for your many contributions to this community.

Cheers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: DickBiggenstein]
    #26485970 - 02/14/20 07:05 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

:rockon:

OfflineMaddoxA
Stranger

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26487597 - 02/15/20 08:27 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbup:

OfflineWilleCash
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: MaddoxA]
    #26493959 - 02/19/20 07:15 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

BOD thanks for the hours of education! Upon field testing after following the coir prep guide my substrate was a bit too wet. So I  tediously rang it out. I fear i squeezed to hard and dried it out to much. This was mixed 7 days ago. Should i add water? Anyway to tell? My temps did drop to 68 a few nights but I got it up to 70-72.

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: WilleCash]
    #26496234 - 02/20/20 10:47 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Why do you think it's dry?

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: WilleCash]
    #26496427 - 02/21/20 04:43 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

WilleCash said:
BOD thanks for the hours of education! Upon field testing after following the coir prep guide my substrate was a bit too wet. So I  tediously rang it out. I fear i squeezed to hard and dried it out to much. This was mixed 7 days ago. Should i add water? Anyway to tell? My temps did drop to 68 a few nights but I got it up to 70-72.

Hate to be bad news but ill be surprised if that tub makes mushrooms.  Looks like its going to go bad in a few days.

Offlineclockworkshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26499613 - 02/23/20 09:19 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Bod,

I'm going to try growing for the first time ever and have some no doubt dumb questions. I was on the verge of buying a growkit but based on everything you've said will now try and be more self sufficient...

I'm going to follow your spawn and substrate and monotub teks to the letter. One thing that I can't see covered in your guides is colonization.

Do you inject spores directly in to the the spawn and substrate mix? in a 54qt tub how do you spread it out? how many ml for each? how deep? I'm super confused as I expected to see you put cakes on top of the mix. I've looked at all your guides and can't see this covered, I expect that is because it is too stupid a question to need answering for most.

Also, I couldn't see a guide on how you move from full colonization to fruiting, do you dunk and roll the whole cake?

Sorry to waste your time with this. Really appreciate any guidance.

--------------------
p9hu7's clean spawn thread

Offlineclockworkshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: clockworkshroom]
    #26499985 - 02/23/20 02:02 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I was going to delete the above due to how stupid I realise it is after doing more reading but it will serve as a good reminder to me one day of where I started from!!!

So spawn = colonized jars or agar or whatever you want to colonize that is then used to further colonize mixed with the substrate and build one big cake :smile:

If my first attempt is successful it will be some kind of miracle!

--------------------

OfflineZombie-ant
Mushroom Ninja in training
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: clockworkshroom]
    #26501898 - 02/24/20 04:42 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Bod... your vids Are informative and make me laugh too.
During the agar inoculation process:
The alcohol that you dip the innoc loop into, before heating, can that be 99% isopropyl or does it have to be lower. If so, do I dilute it... (I know it’s probably a moronic question.) ✌🏼🤟🏼

--------------------

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Zombie-ant]
    #26502100 - 02/24/20 06:46 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

clockworkshroom said:
I was going to delete the above due to how stupid I realise it is after doing more reading but it will serve as a good reminder to me one day of where I started from!!!

So spawn = colonized jars or agar or whatever you want to colonize that is then used to further colonize mixed with the substrate and build one big cake :smile:

If my first attempt is successful it will be some kind of miracle!

:rockon:

Quote:

Zombie-ant said:
Hey Bod... your vids Are informative and make me laugh too.
During the agar inoculation process:
The alcohol that you dip the innoc loop into, before heating, can that be 99% isopropyl or does it have to be lower. If so, do I dilute it... (I know it’s probably a moronic question.) ✌🏼🤟🏼

I actually use 91-99% for that one and only purpose. It's more flammable also it helps get the agar residue off better before flaming.

Offlineclockworkshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26502799 - 02/25/20 09:17 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Offlinelandscraper
Trich grower
Re: flowchart all in one [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26511223 - 03/01/20 11:13 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Hi Bod,
Thanks for the great threads! I think I’m ready for my first grow. The only thing I’m unsure about is inoculation of the grain spawn. I have 10mm syringes. How many cc’s should I use on each quart jar?
Pf tek shows using somewhere between 1-2 cc’s per jar. Would this work well with the larger volume of oats?
Also, about how many quarts of spawn are you using in your 56 qt tubs?
Is the oat spawn also knicknamed popcorn (PC)?
Thanks for helping this noob!
Can’t wait to test out your Tek!

Offlineclockworkshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: flowchart all in one [Re: landscraper]
    #26511489 - 03/01/20 02:24 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Hi Landscraper.

PC = Pressure Cooker
Popcorn and Whole oats are different. Popcorn is literally popcorn.

1-2 CCS in a quart jar is fine. 1/1.5 is enough.

Anywhere between 1:1 and 1:4 ratio is ok for spawn to substrate ratio. Some people put 2 jars in a 56 qt and have success. I've also seen 7 put in.

These responses come with the disclaimer that I've never grown anything :smile: I've just read alot lately.

--------------------

Offlineclockworkshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: flowchart all in one [Re: clockworkshroom]
    #26511502 - 03/01/20 02:35 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

For his unmodified tub I believe Bod uses 1:1 by the way. 5qt of coir substrate and 5qt spawn, I believe 5 qt is actually 5 jars that are 2/3-3/4 full so not actually 5 qt but either way it's in the safe ratio zone for sure!

--------------------

OfflineFunjunk1121
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26511869 - 03/01/20 07:17 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Bod, what do you think about my situation? First time grower with your Tek. Good shit my man.. Well aside from dark spot I’ve got!!

Edited by Funjunk1121 (03/01/20 07:18 PM)

Offlineclockworkshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Funjunk1121]
    #26512417 - 03/02/20 07:59 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Any reason other than space for growth that you can't do an unmodified shoebox following the identical mono Tek? I have an 8.5 qt tub and am deciding what to do with it.

--------------------

OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

Loc: The outsideround Flag
Re: flowchart all in one [Re: landscraper]
    #26513294 - 03/02/20 05:37 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

landscraper said:
Hi Bod,
Thanks for the great threads! I think I’m ready for my first grow. The only thing I’m unsure about is inoculation of the grain spawn. I have 10mm syringes. How many cc’s should I use on each quart jar?
Pf tek shows using somewhere between 1-2 cc’s per jar. Would this work well with the larger volume of oats?

I could be wrong, I reckon bod would not suggest spore water syringe to grain. If you got a Clean LC/LI syringe, go for it.

--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread

Official New Zealand woodlovers grow thread

–––––    ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮    –––––
The Official Kiwi DMT and MAOI Thread

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #26513588 - 03/02/20 08:47 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

:whathesaid:
Quote:

landscraper said:
Hi Bod,

Quarts used is in my monotub tek more detailed than i can type up quick.
Oats are oats. Not corn. Popcorn is not oats.

Quote:

Funjunk1121 said:
Hey Bod, what do you think about my situation? First time grower with your Tek. Good shit my man.. Well aside from dark spot I’ve got!!

Bad spot nice pins. You'll get there.

Quote:

clockworkshroom said:
Any reason other than space for growth that you can't do an unmodified shoebox following the identical mono Tek? I have an 8.5 qt tub and am deciding what to do with it.

See shoebox tek of mine.

OfflinePsilidude
Stranger
    #26514062 - 03/03/20 07:10 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Where is the best bang for my buck in ordering a hepa filter for a flowhood build?

Offlinejayzrabbithole
expand conciousness
Male
Loc: United States
    #26524244 - 03/08/20 04:36 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I clicked on the link you posted that teaches a newbie, (me) how to post a picture but it says the link is invalid, no longer there. Am I doing something incorrectly?

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate