Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Dehydrator, Gypsum, Hot Plate, Laminar Flow Hood, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | Next > | Last >
OfflineStampy
Elephant in the Woods

Loc: N 42nd Parallel
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Cocoa0113]
    #26326331 - 11/17/19 11:07 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Hey Bod, quick question about the Marketplace; I know your not supposed to offer money for spores, but reading and searching it wasn't clear if you can offer money for other things. If someone is getting rid of their PC, are you allowed to offer money for it or is it strictly trade only?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Stampy]
    #26326347 - 11/17/19 11:14 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

I think its no money for things sponsors readily sell. But ok for other things like if you made necklaces or stuff.

Flowhoods and PCs may be a gray area. Ive seen them traded for $ before

OfflineStampy
Elephant in the Woods

Loc: N 42nd Parallel
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26326450 - 11/17/19 12:00 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

ok awesome man! Thanks I really appreciate it!!!

InvisibleMr E. Humperdinck
Freestyle Shit Disturber 2.0

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Stampy]
    #26330035 - 11/19/19 12:54 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

heyyo, i know in your flow hood tek you said the "plenum should be at least the same width as the filter"...  im using a fungi perfect filter that's 6" wide.

my question is is 6" sufficient for the plenum?

im working with limited space and would like to maximize my desk space

not sure if it matters but i have a dayton 1tdu2 on a controller

--------------------

:eyeball: :eyeball:

OfflineAdmiral.walsty
Stranger
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26342789 - 11/24/19 05:34 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Do you PC the jars with the lids on with the silicone covered holes?

InvisibleTedsDead
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Admiral.walsty]
    #26344522 - 11/25/19 02:16 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

felt this was appropriate
lol!

--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros
If you can buy it, you can burn it!

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25947396#25947396

OfflineJimbosChoice
Stranger
Male

INCOULATION LOOP USE!!! [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26348352 - 11/27/19 01:21 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Please excuse me, this is my very first post here, but I just had to say how thankful I was for those gifs made by enlightenment on how to properly use inoculation loops for syringes. I have been trying to figure out where and when an inoculation loop was used over a flamed scalpel and couldn't figure it out for over a month of research. It is funny that I find this TEK with animated gifs showing how useful they are on the very same day my first set of syringes goes into the mail. Thank you and cheers, I love this website already :smile:

Offlineshrooms400
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: JimbosChoice]
    #26357455 - 12/02/19 05:52 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

I have a pressure cooker that is designed for pressure frying. It has a locking wing and a weighted valve. Unfortunately, it is designed to only reach 10psi. Would adjusted times make this work for the oat tek?

Edited by shrooms400 (12/02/19 06:03 PM)

OfflineImpatientwonderer
Stranger
Re: flowchart all in one [Re: Eyeof]
    #26368406 - 12/08/19 08:47 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Love this post op !

Offlinespore-ty
Male

Loc: In the bush
Re: flowchart all in one [Re: Impatientwonderer]
    #26369340 - 12/08/19 05:57 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Has anyone built their own dehydrator of some kind to dry bulk bulk lol

InvisibleTeaforTwo
Flight Attendant
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Psychonaut City, Mile Hi!
Re: flowchart all in one [Re: spore-ty]
    #26369542 - 12/08/19 07:37 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

use forum's 'post search' (link located to right of your profile name at top of page, iow don't use the fill in the blank search block at top right of page for best results)

narrow down and specify as you desire, this was simple all forums search for "DIY dehydrator"
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/dosearch.php?forum%5B%5D=&words=DIY+dehydrator&namebox=&replybox=&how=all&where=body&tosearch=both&newerval=&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=y&minwords=&maxwords=&limit=25&sort=r&way=d

if you read this far, cheers! short answer would have been yes, many do make them and post about it, even give detailed measures and supplies lists, you just have to watch for the posts and/or find in searches. if you have bulk that wont fit in common household food dehydrators for a 24hr cracker dry time then.. well done! you can go as big as wheeled tray systems into heated air blown full size GP large tents or a plywood sides, ss trays, heater/blower at bottom, exhausted at top simple design to giterdun system. too easy~

--------------------
See a mush cult pic you love? add it here: January 2020 PoM nominations thread! (up vote your faves to ensure they are included in final vote!). Community selected winner receives a 6mo Supporter account upgrade and/or other prizes from our awesome admin team!

Looking for something? Try Psilosopherr's Tek Compendium and pixelpopper's essentialzzz ForTheWin!

Be well, friend. Stay Strong and Beautiful, Always, and in All Ways~
Look Forward, Seek Truth, Find Real, Go Further~

OfflineHillLily777
Stranger
Re: flowchart all in one [Re: TeaforTwo]
    #26369770 - 12/08/19 10:12 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Hi Bod. Thanks for sharing your expertise.

I'm caught between what to do next. I have one contaminated BRF grow under my belt, after which I moved to agar. Now I've spent some time with agar I've got a clean-looking plate I'm about to do a 5th transfer wit's and then onto oats.

My Q is, will it really be such a ridiculous idea to spawn them to bulk inside a SGFC? I know I'll get less yield but to be honest I'm tired - I've gone on a year-long learning curve working within the confines of big health problems and with nothing yet to show for it. I don't want to have to go back to square one and buy another giant plastic tub and work out another tek.

I know I won't get as big a yield but surely using a SGFC isn't going to be a total waste of time? I know it's not on the cutting edge of shroomery fashion to do it this way but at this stage I just want to get enough for my partner and I for a couple of trips and to work out how to do slants so I can put it all on ice and come back in a few months' time.

Offlinejbgtaa
extraterrestrial
Male User Gallery

Re: flowchart all in one [Re: HillLily777]
    #26369986 - 12/09/19 01:27 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

You’re going to spawn it to a tray and put it in the SGFC, correct? Seems a bit unnecessary but would probably work. It’s easier to just put the lid on the box tho

--------------------
If the thunder don't get ya, the lightning will.
In another time's forgotten space, your eyes looked through your mother's face.
Trade List
Forever giving away prints. PM at anytime for a free print.

Offlinespore-ty
Male

Loc: In the bush
Re: flowchart all in one [Re: TeaforTwo] * 1
    #26370405 - 12/09/19 10:14 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TeaforTwo said:
use forum's 'post search' (link located to right of your profile name at top of page, iow don't use the fill in the blank search block at top right of page for best results)

narrow down and specify as you desire, this was simple all forums search for "DIY dehydrator"
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/dosearch.php?forum%5B%5D=&words=DIY+dehydrator&namebox=&replybox=&how=all&where=body&tosearch=both&newerval=&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=y&minwords=&maxwords=&limit=25&sort=r&way=d

if you read this far, cheers! short answer would have been yes, many do make them and post about it, even give detailed measures and supplies lists, you just have to watch for the posts and/or find in searches. if you have bulk that wont fit in common household food dehydrators for a 24hr cracker dry time then.. well done! you can go as big as wheeled tray systems into heated air blown full size GP large tents or a plywood sides, ss trays, heater/blower at bottom, exhausted at top simple design to giterdun system. too easy~

Ahhhh ya I forgot about the search engine on here ya I had a build up sketched out and all that just wanted to see if there any specs besides getting em done asap lol and not excessively too high with temp  but thanks a ton dude gave me some ideas to expand on

OfflineJimbosChoice
Stranger
Male

Re: flowchart all in one [Re: spore-ty]
    #26372695 - 12/10/19 11:07 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Bod, quick question about the Oat TEK. If I forgot to put it in the fridge overnight and left the grains drying in colanders sitting in a clean kitchen sink, are they okay to go into the jars and into the PC? I'm thinking the PC should kill anything that might have grown over night?

Offlinestupidcracker00
Stranger
Re: flowchart all in one [Re: JimbosChoice]
    #26375530 - 12/11/19 06:51 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Hey Bod,

Been using ur Easy AF teks for the last 12 months with great success. However, I feel as if the fruits could be bigger. Maybe by about 10-20%. I currently grow PE’s and grew them with a grow kit from shroom supply before finding your monotub tek, and the fruits were definitely bigger. Since your teks are specifically around minimal effort while maximizing yields, I was hoping you could answer a question I have:

Is there anything I can add to the Whole Oats while they boil to add nutrients? I’ve heard of adding a hpoo tea and Gypsum, but I don’t do anything other than water, oats, and coco coir per your teks. Since coco coir doesn’t have any nutrients (making it resistant to contains) would adding hpoo tea to the oats increase chance of contam when subject to open air? Is there anything I could add to the coir to increase the size of the fruits?

Thanks in advance. Huge fan.

Best,
SC

Offlinestupidcracker00
Stranger
Re: flowchart all in one [Re: JimbosChoice]
    #26375532 - 12/11/19 06:53 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Ya man the PC will kill anything and everything if it’s at 15psi for 2 hours.

OfflineHappinessfeeling
GOD
 User Gallery

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: stupidcracker00]
    #26377656 - 12/12/19 06:42 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

hootie hoooooooooo!

OfflineHillLily777
Stranger
Re: flowchart all in one [Re: jbgtaa]
    #26378601 - 12/13/19 09:18 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jbgtaa said:
You’re going to spawn it to a tray and put it in the SGFC, correct? Seems a bit unnecessary but would probably work. It’s easier to just put the lid on the box tho

Yeah, that's right. By "lid on the box" I presume you mean make a tub. Maybe I need to just bite the bullet and do it. I just have been resisting it because one more giant plastic box round the house will be a pain in the bum. I wish I'd just started with bulk from the beginning. It feels like a waste of time getting ppl to do the whole brf SGFC thing.

Thanks for your thoughts.

OfflineDj_karma_magnet
    #26382398 - 12/15/19 01:00 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Got a really stupid noob question.

Been reading up on Bodhisattas unbodified tek, slowly collecting the supplies. One problem.

I can’t seem to find the sterilite air tight storage the tek says to use, I see a very similar container

https://www.target.com/p/sterilite-54-qt-gasket-box-clear-with-blue-latches/-/A-15079778?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&CPNG=PLA_Storage%2BOrganization%2BShopping_Local&adgroup=SC_Storage%2BOrganization&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=m&location=1028265&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQiArdLvBRCrARIsAGhB_syUvntYI9Q4tKJbnuTd4B7qUjGD_CMv4dvjmriGFPXZZjJxoLwYbzsaAtzrEALw_wcB

Can I use this? Or does anyone have a link for what I should be lookin for?

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Dehydrator, Gypsum, Hot Plate, Laminar Flow Hood, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started